• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

most of my friends did not know you could do it online yourself, a friend won it but the agent is demanding ghc 12000 before releasing the case no. and also on the net they test your educational background and then accept vocational qualification

Your friend should report the agent to the US embassy in Ghana. They also want to stop these scammers and extorting money to give people their case numbers is exactly what they shoukd be reported for.

It's also rubbish that they can "test" educatiin on the net by the way.

@gra1632. Ur frnd can still retrieve d case no. from dvlottery.state.gov/ESC if d agent dosnt want to release it to him. He shdnt giv d agent a dyme!ur case no. is in d 1st notification page.wen u visit dis site click on "forgot confirmation no.'"d nxt window is wer u provide ur details such as name date of birth nd ur email address.n den submit.after this u shd get ur confirmatn no. D prblm is if he ddnt use ur email address.if it ddnt wrk den d email address s d prblm.b smart n find an intelligent way to get his email adress n try again.i bet u it will work! N den print d notification page which contains ur case no., name etc. Be fast cos tym is running out on ur friend.

That is incredibly difficult to read. Kindly use proper words.

well in my case l am using the two years working experience, am a banker. job descriptions is giving out loans, done some short course on that. is that ok and do I need anything from the Ghana embassy now

we have tried many times, we not getting it. any way forward

There is no "other" option. Well I suppose paying the 12,000 cedis is the only option if the selectee cannot figure out the email address - BUT be careful anyway. Did the agent complete the eDV correctly? Is the selectee properly qualified? Large numbers of cases are refused in Ghana because of simple mistakes or people not meeting the criteria....

well in my case l am using the two years working experience, am a banker. job descriptions is giving out loans, done some short course on that. is that ok and do I need anything from the Ghana embassy now

What level of Banker - are you a supervisor or manager or would your job be like a loan officer?

most of my friends did not know you could do it online yourself, a friend won it but the agent is demanding ghc 12000 before releasing the case no. and also on the net they test your educational background and then accept vocational qualification
Like Sussie Q said, report to the US embassy. Also send a general email to KCC (without your case no. though). U can also report to a police officer or a relative u know who can get u a police officer (its cheaper wen u know someone) n get him arrested if possible bcos this agent has no right whatsoever to withhold your confirmation no. I think these agents must be banned by the U.S. and any agent caught registering should be punished. But your friend would have to make sure he is qualified either with education or work experience, whether his details were corrextly entered on the eDV form. If not his efforts could be in vain.

Last edited:
my job is above the loan officers job, we assess the clients they bring , calculate their income and expenditure, and the risk involve before top the risk

Like Sussie Q said, report to the US embassy. Also send a general email to KCC (without your case no. though). U can also report to a police officer or a relative u know who can get u a police officer (its cheaper wen u know someone) n get him arrested if possible bcos this agent has no right whatsoever to withhold your confirmation no. I think these agents must be banned by the U.S. and any agent caught registering should be punished. But your friend would have to make sure he is qualified either with education or work experience, whether his details were corrextly entered on the eDV form. If not his efforts could be in vain.

Just to repeat what was previously said, writing KCC is pointless, KCC will only respond to email from selectees with case number, full name and date of birth written on the correspondence. Writing KCC in this case is a share waste of time!

my job is above the loan officers job, we assess the clients they bring , calculate their income and expenditure, and the risk involve before top the risk

Ok, it sounds borderline as to whether it is a qualifying position. A loan officer for instance is not a qualifying job. You will need to show how your position ties to a position more senior than that. Proving significant training or preparation might help, if you can show that someone can't just turn up and do that job with little training. The point is the role is supposed to require significant preparation (training or education) to perform the role. If you cannot make that case convincingly, and if you don't meet the education requirements, then you are likely to be refused anyway...

Just to repeat what was previously said, writing KCC is pointless, KCC will only respond to email from selectees with case number, full name and date of birth written on the correspondence. Writing KCC in this case is a share waste of time!
Accepted

Summary Report for:
13-2072.00 - Loan Officers

Evaluate, authorize, or recommend approval of commercial, real estate, or credit loans. Advise borrowers on financial status and payment methods. Includes mortgage loan officers and agents, collection analysts, loan servicing officers, and loan underwriters.

Sample of reported job titles: Loan Officer, Branch Manager, Mortgage Loan Officer, Relationship Manager, Commercial Loan Officer, Mortgage Loan Originator, Business Banking Officer, Commercial Banker, Corporate Banking Officer, Portfolio Manager
http://www.onetonline.org/link/summary/13-2072.00

Hi i have emailed U.S. Embassy Accra twice about postage of shs statement of results and they said, emphatically that they do not accept any document by mail, email, ems or fax and that all documents must be submitted in person at the window on the day of interview. so pls do not send any doc. to the U.S. Embassy. They wont recognise it. You can email them and confirm as well. Thank u