• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

please how long does it take them to finish with the checks and call me

Since you haven't been asked for any missing documents, the length of the AP is very hard to predict. Could be weeks, could be months - you just have to learn a new level of patience.

Since you haven't been asked for any missing documents, the length of the AP is very hard to predict. Could be weeks, could be months - you just have to learn a new level of patience.
oh ok that was what the co told me..she said it could take weeks....then she gave me my passport together with the blue paper and kept the rest of my documents

i don't know why...the interview went on well but i don't understand why the CO put me on AP...she kept askn questions about my sch. cert then she said they need more information about my dv case and they will call me when they are done..
ohh brother I was waiting for your post in suspense ; didn't you authenticate your certificate ???

yes they gave me a blue paper with the statement...
we have insufficient information to reach a definitive decision in your diversity visa case.you have been temporarily refused under INA section 221g as we lack certain documents or information needed to reach a final decision in your immigrant visa case.we have checked the boxes for the additional documents or information required.

Sorry to learn about your being put on AP, hopefully it gets resolved soon. The paper they gave you says they've "checked the boxes for the additional documents or information required" - what does the box(es) ticked on the paper says?

i was put AP after the interview and i really do not know why....
Did you go for the original certificate from WAEC? I understand sometimes what is on the statement of results slip is different fromwhst is on the website..all the best..it shall be well,buddy

Sorry to learn about your being put on AP, hopefully it gets resolved soon. The paper they gave you says they've "checked the boxes for the additional documents or information required" - what does the box(es) ticked on the paper says?
Yeah @kul jay which boxes were ticked, those should indicate the problem spots, hope you don't mind sharing.

Did you go for the original certificate from WAEC? I understand sometimes what is on the statement of results slip is different fromwhst is on the website..all the best..it shall be well,buddy
yeah i did i presented the original certificate from waec.....am even in the university now(kwame Nkrumah University Of Science And Technology)

Not all AP cases are related to the documents you present or don't present. Sometimes there are additional background checks required, sometimes it can be as simple as having a name similarity (by coincidence) with someone on the suspected terrorist list. THere could be other more obscure reasons too - and in these cases the CO isn't asking more more information and they won't give a concrete answer. There is nothing to be done in those cases, except wait.

?
I'm trying to figure out how the heck he thinks he is going to get a visa with two separate factors that each disqualify him, I would prefer for him not to waste his time and money, have you noticed that he has given absolutely no reason why he thinks he will get the visa especially when others like f-lan have been denied, other than to "trust" him? Remember this guy we need to "trust" is the one who constantly changed his story again and again and again until finally the truth came out.
@scratches, in this situation, you have to weigh the options in front and pick the right( eous). path. The truth.

Not all AP cases are related to the documents you present or don't present. Sometimes there are additional background checks required, sometimes it can be as simple as having a name similarity (by coincidence) with someone on the suspected terrorist list. THere could be other more obscure reasons too - and in these cases the CO isn't asking more more information and they won't give a concrete answer. There is nothing to be done in those cases, except wait.
ok hope they will be fast with it and call me soon

yes they gave me a blue paper with the statement...
we have insufficient information to reach a definitive decision in your diversity visa case.you have been temporarily refused under INA section 221g as we lack certain documents or information needed to reach a final decision in your immigrant visa case.we have checked the boxes for the additional documents or information required.

sorry to hear that dear bro.
But, since you are not requested to submit additional documents, it's good to learn patience.
As far as you submitted genuine documents and as much as you are clear from any criminal act, the background check won't bring any negative impact on your case.
As you said on your pic, EVERYTHING WILL - BE OK.