• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Thanks Simon for our prompt reply to my question, between both police checks, hopefully they will be satisfied. . Thanks also everyone for your welcome to the forum. Nice also to hear there are others that are young at heart.

That was my line of thought Emily.
I know Matt said the check list was available at the consulate but for me personally Id prefer it all done before I get on the plane.
Glad it is of help.

I understand you want to be sure you dot the Is and cross the Ts but as its the same thing thats said on the dv selectee site I was just trying to get people to try and stop over thinking the whole process and try not over think things. I heard 9 people get interviewed before me and when asked a question Id say half nearly all over answered and got themselves into a riddle about their documents and why theyre are providing a certain document when it wasnt actually necessary.

I understand you want to be sure you dot the Is and cross the Ts but as its the same thing thats said on the dv selectee site I was just trying to get people to try and stop over thinking the whole process and try not over think things. I heard 9 people get interviewed before me and when asked a question Id say half nearly all over answered and got themselves into a riddle about their documents and why theyre are providing a certain document when it wasnt actually necessary.

Good advice. Provide documents and answer that are requested then shut up and provide nothing more apart from "polite" chat!

Good advice. Provide documents and answer that are requested then shut up and provide nothing more apart from "polite" chat!

Yeah exactly Simon. I was worried that on my DS260 I put that I had gone to UNI and I was only bringing my Higher School Certificate. Once I heard all the other interviews I soon learned that saying less is more and I just stated when asked about my school experience I said I am using my HSC certifcate and he excepted that straight away. When asked abouty why going to the USA I simply said for work and travel opportunities. It really helped to hear the other interviews go first and why this forum is also such a great help.

Yeah exactly Simon. I was worried that on my DS260 I put that I had gone to UNI and I was only bringing my Higher School Certificate. Once I heard all the other interviews I soon learned that saying less is more and I just stated when asked about my school experience I said I am using my HSC certifcate and he excepted that straight away. When asked abouty why going to the USA I simply said for work and travel opportunities. It really helped to hear the other interviews go first and why this forum is also such a great help.

I can only imagine. I remember on my H1/H4 interview (getting H4 for the wife and sprog) we were waiting in line and could overhear the guy in front of us. It was like watching someone digging a huge hole in slow motion with one unwise comment after the other. I just wanted to grab the guy and say SHUT UP NOW!

I guess from my perspective... I have four sets of documents to coordinate. I'm not just one person who can quickly reorganise things on the fly. At the interview, we will have our children with us who, although well behaved, are still kids. Trying to reorganise four sets of documents whilst trying to keep kids calm may prove a challenge.

For me, it's less about overthinking and more about trying to minimise us having to undo things four times over at the interview.

I guess from my perspective... I have four sets of documents to coordinate. I'm not just one person who can quickly reorganise things on the fly. At the interview, we will have our children with us who, although well behaved, are still kids. Trying to reorganise four sets of documents whilst trying to keep kids calm may prove a challenge.

For me, it's less about overthinking and more about trying to minimise us having to undo things four times over at the interview.

I guess as long as you dont over think your answers in the interview youll be fine.

Right - so you definitely have to have the "MUST HAVE" docs and then "the rest". I think I have said that before - but basically the most important stuff is what you want to have available first - principal applicant stuff first and then the bare minimum on each of the derivatives. Additional proof that you may be asked for (bank statements, education above the requirement, should all be separated and easily available IF requested.

Don't worry/stress too much about being SUPER organized. They issue visas to disorganized people too....

Just woke up to this. WTF??????????????????

Last edited:
I was wondering about this, whether to bother bringing my degrees or not as well, even though I have my VCE Certificate and results. So basically would you say don't bother with the tertiary education documents if you've met the normal education requirements?

Yep, I always knew what documents to provide.

Thanks to OC_EMS and CC1, I now also know the order in which they are to be provided, that it is original and copy. That the principal goes first and the derivative documents next.

Not an issue when you are one person. But when there are four people applying, it helps and I'm grateful for this forum providing that help / advice.

Hi everyone - it's been ages since I've come and said hello. Aside from being totally snowed under at work I have also been quietly freaking out about completely picking up my life and moving to the US so I had to stay away for a while....any one else get moments of 'oh my god, i'm actually doing this?' (I'm more excited than freaking out, but still).
Anyway, today is a slight freak out day...I just re-read the instructions on the DS-260 again for the 1000th time and one of the instructions is:
  1. If your case IS processing electronically, please scan and email your documents to:KCCDV@state.gov
Given we are all submitting the DS 260 electronically I'm confused at to whether or not this applies to me? I've search for the answer and I've read every single post on here and other threads...no luck.
Thanks for your help

Yahoo, we've just been pre approved for a mortgage when we arrive in the US next January!
Just shows it can be done, even with no credit rating.
Will just have to pay mortgage insurance for the first year, and after 12months and a decent credit score we will refinance :)

Yep, I always knew what documents to provide.

Thanks to OC_EMS and CC1, I now also know the order in which they are to be provided, that it is original and copy. That the principal goes first and the derivative documents next.

Not an issue when you are one person. But when there are four people applying, it helps and I'm grateful for this forum providing that help / advice.

Thanks Emily, glad the letter helped. All SYD interviewees should have received the letter I posted. The main reason I posted it was to help others especially those with families. I was fully aware it contained info we all already knew but rather than cut and paste bits it is always good to see the entire thing from the horses mouth. I thought the check list prior to arrival was very helpful. Personally I like to fold my clothes not throw them in the drawer. (If you get my meaning) We are all different and operate in different ways a bit like 5+4=9 as does 6+3=9. At the end hopefully we will all have the same successful result.:)

Hi everyone - it's been ages since I've come and said hello. Aside from being totally snowed under at work I have also been quietly freaking out about completely picking up my life and moving to the US so I had to stay away for a while....any one else get moments of 'oh my god, i'm actually doing this?' (I'm more excited than freaking out, but still).
Anyway, today is a slight freak out day...I just re-read the instructions on the DS-260 again for the 1000th time and one of the instructions is:
  1. If your case IS processing electronically, please scan and email your documents to:KCCDV@state.gov
Given we are all submitting the DS 260 electronically I'm confused at to whether or not this applies to me? I've search for the answer and I've read every single post on here and other threads...no luck.
Thanks for your help

Where in Gods name did you read you had to scan and send??????????
Settle petal and go back to that page, take a big sip of coffee and re read slowly and calmly.
Remember to read the instructions that apply to 2015 applicants NOT 2014. If I remember correctly the are listed on the same page

Also you may find Britsimons web page helpful. He's done an awesome job. Im going to nominate hime for a Nobel prize:D http://britsimonsays.com/

Last edited: