• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

just curious how you did this, as from what I recall one usually has a 6-month maximum stay per entry when entering on B1/B2?

We went to Canada for 3 weeks and the Visa was reset when we re-entered the USA. We have a 5 year B1/B2 Visa which I assume will get cancelled when we get our Greencard.

There was some talk on the 2014 thread that if you have had a name change you would need the fingerprint check. I don't think it applied to name change when married? Can someone confirm?

There was some talk on the 2014 thread that if you have had a name change you would need the fingerprint check. I don't think it applied to name change when married? Can someone confirm?
I have a married name and it wasn't needed, Name check only:)

AimLK, because the education/work experience thing is one of the two basic requirements, it would be best to present the most complete case possible at the interview. A nice thick well organised file will be more than the interviewer wants to deal with in the interview slot, so once they see you have done your homework and have a great case, they will tick that box mentally or literally and move on. Don't give them an excuse to pass the buck, and if it doesn't go we'll, ask them if a supervisor is available to look at your proof there and then.

Thanks Simon. Good advice as I do think we are over thinking the whole thing. Do you think a letter from a US evaluator offering a letter of opinion saying that my husband's role complies with the O*Net requirements holds some weight? We also have letter from fellow Company Director/Accountant, selected suppliers, industrial designers, machinery/equipment supplier etc all stating my husbands role in the company. Plus financials plus list of notable commerical customers (RBA, Coke, GSK etc).

On a super side note, the US National Boards of Pharmacy will not accept my qualifications as an Australian pharmacist and have refused to allow me to sit the foreign grad board exam and hence not register in the US. I ask on here as there is so little info of the www about Australian Pharms in the US (on the off chance there is anyone else out there!!).

Thanks Simon. Good advice as I do think we are over thinking the whole thing. Do you think a letter from a US evaluator offering a letter of opinion saying that my husband's role complies with the O*Net requirements holds some weight? We also have letter from fellow Company Director/Accountant, selected suppliers, industrial designers, machinery/equipment supplier etc all stating my husbands role in the company. Plus financials plus list of notable commerical customers (RBA, Coke, GSK etc).

On a super side note, the US National Boards of Pharmacy will not accept my qualifications as an Australian pharmacist and have refused to allow me to sit the foreign grad board exam and hence not register in the US. I ask on here as there is so little info of the www about Australian Pharms in the US (on the off chance there is anyone else out there!!).

Are you saying they won't allow you to convert your Aussie pharmacy qualification at all? That sounds bizarre. Can you contact someone at your local association as they may know what approach to follow?

OK so I just called KCC and.... I finally have an interview date! 23 December 2014, two days before Christmas so fingers crossed for an early Christmas present. Was kinda hoping for earlier in the month, but I am not complaining! They said I should get an email in the next 2 weeks and I would find out the time then. @SuicideBlonde how did you go when you called KCC?

Like everything else here each state will control their own rules but a good way to start these things is often through the national umbrella organizations.

For Pharmacists this might be a good route and this particular webpage discusses the route/timeline quite well.

http://www.nabp.net/programs/examination/fpgec

OK so I just called KCC and.... I finally have an interview date! 23 December 2014, two days before Christmas so fingers crossed for an early Christmas present. Was kinda hoping for earlier in the month, but I am not complaining! They said I should get an email in the next 2 weeks and I would find out the time then. @SuicideBlonde how did you go when you called KCC?

Congratulations! No one ever gets refused in Christmas week - I think that is a law somewhere!

Really odd they haven't sent 2NLs...

Congratulations! No one ever gets refused in Christmas week - I think that is a law somewhere!

Really odd they haven't sent 2NLs...

Thanks! It's a relief to finally get a date and I hope you're right about Christmas week! I am wondering whether this will hold up the return of my passport - I read on Crawf's blog that he got his back the Friday of the same week as his Tuesday interview, but because the following week is Christmas/New Year's period, I'm thinking this will delay the process. I was planning to take an activation trip asap after I get the passport back and was hoping to go as early as the first week of January but I will have to hold off plans for now. I guess I'll be able to ask them on the day if I'm approved.

Britsimon what a good news!! :D I have my interview on 22th of December!
Essey I'm keeping finger crossed for you,but my interview is about 16 000 km from Sydney! Hope we'll meet in USA asap. :)

I just phoned and our DS260 are still being processed. I was told interview most likely January which is disappointing. Still I'm grateful we have a low CN so I shouldn't be complaining.

Last edited:
Congrats Essey, I've updated the spreadsheet to show your date.

Good on you Kiwione, it must be nice to get that 2NL.

Hi, congrats to everyone who has been successful so far!

I had a slight panic attack today - I realised that within my DS-260 (which I originally submitted in May - unlocked and resubmitted in July) I have forgotten to include my address from when I lived/studied in Switzerland for 3 months.

I probably wouldn't worry but I have stated in my education section that I studied in Switzerland. I guess my question is in 2 parts:

Am I being silly and they probably won't worry or make the connection because it was only 3 months and was more of a temporary situation?

If I do ask to have my form unlocked again to update it will my husband and I be penalised for having it unlocked more than once? Would it also delay our chances of getting an interview (case # 11XX)

Many thanks

Hi, congrats to everyone who has been successful so far!

I had a slight panic attack today - I realised that within my DS-260 (which I originally submitted in May - unlocked and resubmitted in July) I have forgotten to include my address from when I lived/studied in Switzerland for 3 months.

I probably wouldn't worry but I have stated in my education section that I studied in Switzerland. I guess my question is in 2 parts:

Am I being silly and they probably won't worry or make the connection because it was only 3 months and was more of a temporary situation?

If I do ask to have my form unlocked again to update it will my husband and I be penalised for having it unlocked more than once? Would it also delay our chances of getting an interview (case # 11XX)

Many thanks

Unlock it and correct it - you have time before you are current and on that it is best to be accurate since it will tie with education.