• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Excellent! is this for Syd?
Hi!! Yes this is for Syd. We are at 10:30am look for the couple with the 2 year old (who I prays behaves on the day!).

I understand that there is no further mail/correspondence till the interview. I was not expecting anything further in the mail. We have had our medical, done the police checks and just collating the work experience docs.

Yeah. Rescheduling sounds like the best option.

Just one last question. If I chose to reschedule. Do they give you a date straight away. Or. Do they just put you back in the pool and then you have to hope for the best? Having a definate date would be ideal. Again we would only want to push it a month to mid January early February.

Once KCC schedules an interview, your file gets sent to the embassy and from that point KCC have nothing further to do with the application. Any rescheduling is thus between you and the embassy. Maybe someone who has rescheduled with Sydney can tell you how they do it. There is no global norm - some embassies do not allow rescheduling at all other than for documented emergencies, some will reschedule but you lose your original slot without knowing when your new appointment date will be for a while yet, others will be able to give you a date immediately.

Ok stupid question, but are all of you receiving your 2NLs by mail or by email? I presumed it was by email but some of you are mentioning the postal mail so I just want to confirm.

Ok stupid question, but are all of you receiving your 2NLs by mail or by email? I presumed it was by email but some of you are mentioning the postal mail so I just want to confirm.

Email Essey. I believe it is just email.
It seems some of the NZ crew are receiving further paper work via snail mail after their 2NL notice. Doesnt appear to be the norm for SYD thus far.

The rules are that you have successfully completed, not just completed. The level they are looking for is the point at which you could enrol in a university degree course without further study or examinations. Since your interview is soon, have you thought about a work experience option as a backup plan (just in case).
Are you 100% certain on this as if you are I may as well not bother going to the interview or do the medicals as we are doing this for 3 people, I have worked as a Sales Manager but only for 18 months, do they check the amount of time you have performed those duties, I have my contract with job description etc, which I could take along to the interview if required but I have since left that position to work in a casual Sales Consultant position so I can finish my Diploma of Management

Are you 100% certain on this as if you are I may as well not bother going to the interview or do the medicals as we are doing this for 3 people, I have worked as a Sales Manager but only for 18 months, do they check the amount of time you have performed those duties, I have my contract with job description etc, which I could take along to the interview if required but I have since left that position to work in a casual Sales Consultant position so I can finish my Diploma of Management

When they say "do they check", what exactly are you planning to say in the interview? Pretend you've worked longer than you have, or do I misunderstand?

I haven't followed all the details of this conversation (were you the one who wasn't actually sure if you passed high school or not?) but your consulate should be able to tell you if your high school is sufficient for the requirements. If it's not, and you don't have the work experience, then yes I'm afraid there is no point doing the interview. If your high school is sufficient then you are ok. Britsimon is correct in that the field manual for COs specifies the high school equivalency is determined by being able to enter university without anything further.

When they say "do they check", what exactly are you planning to say in the interview? Pretend you've worked longer than you have, or do I misunderstand?

I haven't followed all the details of this conversation (were you the one who wasn't actually sure if you passed high school or not?) but your consulate should be able to tell you if your high school is sufficient for the requirements. If it's not, and you don't have the work experience, then yes I'm afraid there is no point doing the interview. If your high school is sufficient then you are ok. Britsimon is correct in that the field manual for COs specifies the high school equivalency is determined by being able to enter university without anything further.
I shall ring the Consulate on Monday to see if my study certificate of 12 years of formal education is enough to qualify if not that is my Visa experience ended

Ok so now I am feeling reallllllllllllllllllllllly silly. Ill blame it on my head being full of snot with this bloody cold I have.
Ive completely blanked on how to start/send a personal message. Can someone please refresh my memory.
Ta muchly

Ok so now I am feeling reallllllllllllllllllllllly silly. Ill blame it on my head being full of snot with this bloody cold I have.
Ive completely blanked on how to start/send a personal message. Can someone please refresh my memory.
Ta muchly

Pick the member and start a conversation.

Yeah. Rescheduling sounds like the best option.

Just one last question. If I chose to reschedule. Do they give you a date straight away. Or. Do they just put you back in the pool and then you have to hope for the best? Having a definate date would be ideal. Again we would only want to push it a month to mid January early February.

KCC scheduled the original interview following which they have nothing else to do with your case. If you need to reschedule (which can only be done after the initial date is known), then you contact your applicable embassy and they'll let you know their rescheduling procedure.

Most will basically direct you to a dedicated website for rescheduling. You may be required to cancel the initial date before the system allows you to see whatever next date may be available. And once you drop the initial date you most likely wouldn't be able to select it again if you don't find another one or something else that you like. Again be aware you may not have a choice as to how soon or how late a new date may be available if you cancel your original date.

You should contact your embassy though to find out their exact procedure for rescheduling an interview.

Well yes I am 100% certain of the rules. However, the rules are not always adhered to 100% by the COs and, for education at least, there is an interpretation involved at the embassy level. Some embassies describe that very well - NZ embassy have not. I'll see if I can find more info on their standards. Obviously it would help if you can determine your grades exactly.

Well yes I am 100% certain of the rules. However, the rules are not always adhered to 100% by the COs and, for education at least, there is an interpretation involved at the embassy level. Some embassies describe that very well - NZ embassy have not. I'll see if I can find more info on their standards. Obviously it would help if you can determine your grades exactly.

The NZ website just says completion of sixth form/year 12.
"the applicant must have completed a minimum of twelve years education including four years of high school which must be the equivalent of a U.S. High School diploma (e.g. completion of 6th Form/year 12 in New Zealand or Australia)"
But why does it say the DV fee is US$420????
http://newzealand.usembassy.gov/mobile//dv_lottery.html

The NZ website just says completion of sixth form/year 12.
"the applicant must have completed a minimum of twelve years education including four years of high school which must be the equivalent of a U.S. High School diploma (e.g. completion of 6th Form/year 12 in New Zealand or Australia)"
But why does it say the DV fee is US$420????
http://newzealand.usembassy.gov/mobile//dv_lottery.html

Many of the site just say "completion" but the rules talk about "successful completion" and this has been explained as achieving the standard to allow entry to a US college (university). That is why the above mentions the high school diploma. It is possible to attend US high school for 12 years and not graduate - i.e. not get the diploma. Several embassies around the world make this clearer by publishing the expected passing grades - for instance:-

http://nairobi.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas2.html

Hi! I've been selected for DV2015 OC. I'm an Australian, currently living in the UK.
I have five main questions for the forum:
1: With regards to police checks, I have applied for an AFP certificate for myself and my husband (who I married after the initial DV application but before my selection). Do we need the fingerprint checks version? We have both lived in various Australian states since we were 16. I applied for these without the fingerprints and have received them a few months ago. Is there also an expiry that I have to be mindful of?
2: I've received my police checks for the UK as well. Do they also have an expiry for the interview?
3: I lived in Japan for 11 months when I was 18. I have not applied for a certificate here as it's under 12 months - is that right?
4: I'm applying for a certified replacement high school certificate through the Victorian Board of Education. I don't need the same for my husband do I, as I'm the primary applicant?
5: I also have 2 tertiary degrees which I have mentioned on the application. Do I need to bring these certificates as well, or just the high school certificate which is the minimum requirement?
Thanks so much!

1. This has been discussed many times in the OC threads - not sure what the consensus is currently - check the DV2014 thread for people that have actually gone through the process.
2. Yes they should not be too old at the interview - although there is not a definition of what is "too old" or expired. Best to get them once you get the 2NL.
3. Yes
4. Correct
5. Take them also - it may help with the case for the public charge grounds.

1. This has been discussed many times in the OC threads - not sure what the consensus is currently - check the DV2014 thread for people that have actually gone through the process.
2. Yes they should not be too old at the interview - although there is not a definition of what is "too old" or expired. Best to get them once you get the 2NL.
3. Yes
4. Correct
5. Take them also - it may help with the case for the public charge grounds.

Thanks so much!
Also - I'm pretty sure my husband doesn't need his high school certificate right? Just me as the primary applicant?
Really appreciate your advice! I've gone through hell with British naturalisation and I know these processes can trip you up with the smallest detail.

Thanks so much!
Also - I'm pretty sure my husband doesn't need his high school certificate right? Just me as the primary applicant?
Really appreciate your advice! I've gone through hell with British naturalisation and I know these processes can trip you up with the smallest detail.

Isn't that what you asked in number 4? The answer hasn't changed because your reasoning is correct - only the principal applicant has to show education proof (unless you were cross charging to his country of birth)

Welcome Indieollie to the forum. Let me know your case number (eg like mine 2015OC9XX) and I'll add you to our list of OCers.

I'll suggest you read through this thread as well as the 2014 OC thread as both have a wealth of information. And they're both great reads in terms of learning about the processes from other OCers.

Welcome Indieollie to the forum. Let me know your case number (eg like mine 2015OC9XX) and I'll add you to the list.

I'll suggest you read through this thread as well as the 2014 OC thread as both have a wealth of information. And they're both great reads in terms of learning about the processes from other OCers.

Fixed your number.

Isn't that what you asked in number 4? The answer hasn't changed because your reasoning is correct - only the principal applicant has to show education proof (unless you were cross charging to his country of birth)

Have no idea how I wrote that twice. It has been a long day! Thanks again for being patient. eeeek.