• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Good on you, OC - thanks for helping! The might of grateful OC2015-ers is behind you friend.
Emily if you were directing to me, Thank you so much. not sure what I did to help?
If you werent directing to me THANK YOU for all your help ;):D

So my CN number is 40x and my interview is probably the last in Nov. Makes me wonder about the higher 400's current in Nov.

The dates are not by CN order within the month - their scheduling within the same embassy is a bit of a mystery.

I do hope so. It would stop a lot of issues.

Now we just have to see what we can do regarding going into the US separately.
Obviously this is only if we get through the interview. Which I don't think us having an issue with.

It was on the assumption that we would be interviewed before the 15th. When we planned all this holiday / second marriage we did it before may this year so had no idea we would get the green card selection. Now we couldn't put our DS-260 form in straight away as we had to get married which we organised. So it ended up going in a bit later.

Now if the interview is for before the 15th there may be still time to both of us get over there quickly. Its gonna be very tight though. As I work on a Fly in/ Fly out Rotation and its quite difficult to change dates.

If we get an interview date around the 15th it will be pretty much a matter or leaving Sydney flying to US together and I would return the next day back to Australia for Work then go back again before new year.

Its getting a bit messy and its a bit frustrating that our holiday is planned for the US then this comes along. Here is hoping that we could still get a november date. or early December. If its anywhere between the 15th december and the 10th January we are going to be in trouble.

Our only other option is to push it back to january some time. But would this make our chances less of getting another interview?
Our case number is 2015OC000001xx

Cheers

OK Mom has answered your earlier questions. About re-scheduling - yes you might have to do that. So early in the year that isn't too bad. Late in the year it is much more risky. What and see when you get an appointment and then reschedule with the embassy if needed.

Dear Ms Happy Pants,

This is the official notice for you to pursue your application for a DV-2015 visa. An appointment has been scheduled for you at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate stated below. You and all members of your family must appear at the appointed date and time for your interview. Please notify the office listed if you cannot keep the appointment.

You and any eligible family members will be required to submit sufficient proof of identity upon arrival. If you fail to obtain a DV-2015 visa by September 30, 2015, your registration will expire. Your family members must also obtain their visas prior to September 30, 2015, or they will not be permitted to join you in the United States under the DV-2015 program.

Please follow the instructions provided in Step 4 at http://www.dvselectee.state.gov for Interview Preparation and Fee Payments. It is very important that you follow the guidelines carefully in preparation for your interview. The Diversity Lottery Fee for each applicant and each member of the family must be paid in full before the visa interview and is non-refundable, even if the visa is refused for any reason.

Interview Appointment

SYDNEY
CONSULATE GENERAL OF THE UNITED STATES
VISA UNIT
LEVEL 59 MLC CENTRE
19-29 MARTIN PLACE
SYDNEY
AUSTRALIA
02-373-9200
November 25, 2014 10:45 AM

The Kentucky Consular Center has completed the processing of your case and forwarded it to the interviewing office. Further inquiries should be addressed to the interviewing office listed above. When communicating with the Embassy/Consulate either by telephone or letter, always refer to your name and case number exactly as they appear below.

Yeap, mine is exactly the same.
Did anyone get the instructions posted to them from the Consulate? It contained the medical forms etc......

Boo I haven't got mine yet, I'm worried I'm going to get bumped to December. My CN is very low 400s and I submitted DS260 on 26 May so I thought I would have been safe. Kind of defeats the purpose of the Visa Bulletin if they can't manage the numbers in each current month.

Yeap, mine is exactly the same.
Did anyone get the instructions posted to them from the Consulate? It contained the medical forms etc......
Nope nothing to date but the letter. Did you receive other forms/instruction via email/post?
I just skipped back in the forum and now see what you are referring to. Hmmmmm interesting.... wonder what that is about?
It seems that it varies depending on the consulate. You Auckland, me Sydney.

Anyone else received the SYD 2NL for Nov?

Nope nothing to date but the letter. Did you receive other forms/instruction via email/post?
I just skipped back in the forum and now see what you are referring to. Hmmmmm interesting.... wonder what that is about?

Yes, seems like it, however Auckland said they couldn't post them out because they only had the names of the selectees but no addresses. Apparently they wont get the addresses from KCC till after 1 October which is no good for me. They posted the paperwork to me early only because I had contacted them and gave them my address.
One week till we fly to NZ in preparation for our interview :)

Anyone else received the SYD 2NL for Nov?

Yes, seems like it, however Auckland said they couldn't post them out because they only had the names of the selectees but no addresses. Apparently they wont get the addresses from KCC till after 1 October which is no good for me. They posted the paperwork to me early only because I had contacted them and gave them my address.
One week till we fly to NZ in preparation for our interview :)

Boo I haven't got mine yet, I'm worried I'm going to get bumped to December. My CN is very low 400s and I submitted DS260 on 26 May so I thought I would have been safe. Kind of defeats the purpose of the Visa Bulletin if they can't manage the numbers in each current month.

Yeah it doesn't make much sense for them to put out the VBs with such high numbers if they can't keep up... especially cause they started out so much higher than the last few years!

Hey Guys,

So Ive got my medical booked in 3 weeks before my interview on 28 OCtober, I'm assuming this is enough time. Ive been asked ot bring in any vaccincation records with me to the medical, has anyone ever obtained these before or am I best just to get vaccinated again at the medical to be covered?

Cheers

Hey Matt,

Has the consulate or anyone mailed you any info as in forms etc since you received your 2NL notification?
You are attending the SYD consulate correct?

Does anyone know if forms will be sent out via snail mail to those of us attending interviews in SYD?
My address has changed since submitting my application and the mail re direction ends on Monday.
Spose I should just fork out to AU Post for another 3 months and be done with.

Does anyone know if forms will be sent out via snail mail to those of us attending interviews in SYD?
My address has changed since submitting my application and the mail re direction ends on Monday.
Spose I should just fork out to AU Post for another 3 months and be done with.

Maybe you could call the Consulate and change your address with them, if there are forms to be sent?

Maybe you could call the Consulate and change your address with them, if there are forms to be sent?

Yeah I thought about emailing them (you cant phone them). To be honest I think the less contact and requests to change things, the better.
In the grand scheme of things whats another 3 month fee to AU Post?
Thanks for your thoughts Blondie

Emily if you were directing to me, Thank you so much. not sure what I did to help?
If you werent directing to me THANK YOU for all your help ;):D

Just sharing the 2NL was helping. It helps to demystify the process for the rest of us. And it exemplifies what this thread is all about - give and take.

OK Mom has answered your earlier questions. About re-scheduling - yes you might have to do that. So early in the year that isn't too bad. Late in the year it is much more risky. What and see when you get an appointment and then reschedule with the embassy if needed.
Yeah. Rescheduling sounds like the best option.

Just one last question. If I chose to reschedule. Do they give you a date straight away. Or. Do they just put you back in the pool and then you have to hope for the best? Having a definate date would be ideal. Again we would only want to push it a month to mid January early February.

Just sharing the 2NL was helping. It helps to demystify the process for the rest of us. And it exemplifies what this thread is all about - give and take.
Gotcha......... yes every bit of help lightens the load a little :D