• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

I
I'd be VERY surprised if November's VB was 650. I'm thinking it will be more around the 500 mark based on recent years. But then again... WHO knows. They do have a knack for keeping us on our toes.o_O
I was surprised at opening it at 400, sometimes they do tend to race out of the blocks then slow it up. I am going to put my money on 550.

you get those with low case numbers who choose not to pursue it, and those with high case numbers who would love to pursue it but miss out. For something as difficult and desirable as a Green Card it seems a bit hit or miss.

Those with low numbers who decide not to purse the visa will only allow those with higher numbers (who really need them) to be issued to them instead. I can't think of a more fair system for allocating visas with an intended quota in mind.

There is only a problem when someone who has a low number snaps up a visa but doesn't really want it.. they go for a long holiday or they pop over for a month and decide that America is not for them.. Besides this possibility, the system is fair in every way.

Applicants should be grateful that they were even allocated a number high or low in the first place. Diversity visas are a privilege not a right and US congress could put an end to the system in the twinkling of an eye.

Last edited:
Does anybody know if you can enter through Hawaii to stimulate your green card, looking to head there first but not sure if this activates the green card status?

I

I was surprised at opening it at 400, sometimes they do tend to race out of the blocks then slow it up. I am going to put my money on 550.

Given the number of people across the world who should be current in October but haven't received 2NLs, I wouldn't read too much into the high October cutoffs just yet. It may just be a way of compensating for the lower % of people actually getting interviews vs those who should be. If there is a catch-up in Nov with a lot of Oct people also getting interviews for example I wouldn't expect a big jump. Will be interesting to see what transpires.

Given the number of people across the world who should be current in October but haven't received 2NLs, I wouldn't read too much into the high October cutoffs just yet. It may just be a way of compensating for the lower % of people actually getting interviews vs those who should be. If there is a catch-up in Nov with a lot of Oct people also getting interviews for example I wouldn't expect a big jump. Will be interesting to see what transpires.

Yep agreed Susie - I think that could well be correct. It seems like DS260 is adding some delay somehow, so on the face of it there were less "processed" cases per x CNs than there should have been.

Hey Guys,

So Ive got my medical booked in 3 weeks before my interview on 28 OCtober, I'm assuming this is enough time. Ive been asked ot bring in any vaccincation records with me to the medical, has anyone ever obtained these before or am I best just to get vaccinated again at the medical to be covered?

Cheers

Hey Guys,

So Ive got my medical booked in 3 weeks before my interview on 28 OCtober, I'm assuming this is enough time. Ive been asked ot bring in any vaccincation records with me to the medical, has anyone ever obtained these before or am I best just to get vaccinated again at the medical to be covered?

Cheers

If you have a regular GP, you can ask them to print out a record of the vaccinations you've had. If not, then I don't really think there's a centralised system for recording vaccinations. Luckily for me, I have all the vaccination slips from all the scheduled vaccinations I had during school, so hopefully that will help, but there are still gaps.

What state are you having your medical in? Did they tell you what the required vaccinations were? I know there's a long list on the US website, but I remember reading somewhere that you don't actually have to have all of those and that someone who had their medical in Australia got given a list by the GP before their medical exam which said what the necessary vaccinations were. I'm also wondering whether I'm fully covered or need to top up or add to what I've already had done but not sure where to start.

If you have a regular GP, you can ask them to print out a record of the vaccinations you've had. If not, then I don't really think there's a centralised system for recording vaccinations. Luckily for me, I have all the vaccination slips from all the scheduled vaccinations I had during school, so hopefully that will help, but there are still gaps.

What state are you having your medical in? Did they tell you what the required vaccinations were? I know there's a long list on the US website, but I remember reading somewhere that you don't actually have to have all of those and that someone who had their medical in Australia got given a list by the GP before their medical exam which said what the necessary vaccinations were. I'm also wondering whether I'm fully covered or need to top up or add to what I've already had done but not sure where to start.

Hi,

Im having my medical in Sydney. Below is that they sent me in regards to vaccines.

On the day of your medical examination, you will need to bring the following:

1. Current (valid) passport (preferred) or other photo ID
2. 3 passport size photos (only 1 photo for children under age 15)
3. Spectacles/reading glasses/contact lenses if used
4. Immunisation Records as per US Consulate website for specific age groups
Mainly
• DTP (Diphtheria Tetanus Pertussis) – You need to be vaccinated unless you have a record showing you have been vaccinated within last 10 years.
• MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) if born in 1957 or later (blood tests to check for immunity if no records available)
• Chicken Pox (Varicella) (Blood tests to check for immunity if no records available
• Flu Vaccine (for Medicals during 01 Apr to 31 Oct only)
If you are unable to show proof, or the test results are negative for immunity, you
may need to be vaccinated during the Visa Medical Examination visit and extra
costs will be incurred.

Thanks Matt, that is really helpful! I'm thinking it's probably easier and cheaper to just pay for the extra vaccinations at the medical than go to the trouble of getting blood tests to check immunity for those I don't have records for such as Varicella.

Oh my goodness, we just got our Visas for Canada today. Very excited !! and it makes up a bit for thinking I had won a green card and then realising I hadn't really at all ! Flying out Just before Christmas, so will be quite a shock to arrive in an Ontario Winter I should think.

Oh my goodness, we just got our Visas for Canada today. Very excited !! and it makes up a bit for thinking I had won a green card and then realising I hadn't really at all ! Flying out Just before Christmas, so will be quite a shock to arrive in an Ontario Winter I should think.
Working holiday visa??

Working holiday visa??
Student. My husband wants to retrain and the course he is doing is not readily available in New Zealand. Its a 2 year visa for study, and then ( assuming he finishes and passes) that automatically entitles us to a 3 year work visa. By then we will either love it there, or hopefully we'll have won another chance at a green card. Very nervous about arriving in winter though :)
Sorry, off topic.

Student. My husband wants to retrain and the course he is doing is not readily available in New Zealand. Its a 2 year visa for study, and then ( assuming he finishes and passes) that automatically entitles us to a 3 year work visa. By then we will either love it there, or hopefully we'll have won another chance at a green card. Very nervous about arriving in winter though :)
Sorry, off topic.
Yeah make sure you keep entering, I visited Toronto in a heatwave in 2012 and just loved it, I know winter is tough but its tough in New York, Chicago, Detroit etc, I was reading up on the student visa as well this week, well done.

Hubby and I have been having our vaccinations, not cheap at $77 for Boostrix (Pertussis, Diphtheria, Tetanus, Polio) and $77 for Twinrix (Hep A & B) which we need 3 of. Make sure you start the Hep ones early cause you need one then one a month later then one 5 months later. There is a shorter course but I don't know the details.

Just wanted to let everyone know that your f1 police form from NZ has to be accompanied by a cover letter from you to them stating you need this police check for immigration to the US purposes as it needs to be on letterhead and signed in pen from them, still trying to figure out if the police then send it back to me or send it straight to the US consular in Sydney , does anybody know who has been thru this before??

Hubby and I have been having our vaccinations, not cheap at $77 for Boostrix (Pertussis, Diphtheria, Tetanus, Polio) and $77 for Twinrix (Hep A & B) which we need 3 of. Make sure you start the Hep ones early cause you need one then one a month later then one 5 months later. There is a shorter course but I don't know the details.
I will need to get a few vaccinations as I haven't had any since childhood, the receptionist at the doctor in Brisbane has told me I only need to get a few, she said they could do it all there as long as we bring our immunisations records for our 19 year old daughter who has lived here since she was 1 years old, I think we may also need the flu jab as will be travelling over in winter, she said nothing about a course of injections so now I'm a bit confused???

Just wanted to let everyone know that your f1 police form from NZ has to be accompanied by a cover letter from you to them stating you need this police check for immigration to the US purposes as it needs to be on letterhead and signed in pen from them, still trying to figure out if the police then send it back to me or send it straight to the US consular in Sydney , does anybody know who has been thru this before??

The instructions are on their web page!
see below....... a direct cut and paste............... make sure you read the last 3 lines!

Get a copy of your criminal record
If you are an individual and you want a copy of your own criminal record, you need to:

1. Complete the Request by individual for a copy of any criminal convictions (Priv/F1) form. You will need to print and sign it.
  2. Attach a copy of your valid drivers’ licence OR passport showing a current signature for verification purposes. Do not send original identification. If you do not have a valid drivers' licence or passport, you will need to ask someone to confirm your identity, using Section 2 of the form. Note: Parents or caregivers completing the form on behalf of children aged 16 and under must provide a signed copy of their own passport or drivers licence and include this with the childs' application.
  3. If your application is for a visa to travel overseas or apply for citizenship in another country, please attach a coversheet stating you will require the result to be on original letterhead with ink signature.
    Note: This is NOT required for Australia.
  4. Send us your completed form and copy of identification. You can either:
What happens next?
We will post you a copy of your criminal record within 20 working days of the date we receive your completed form and identification.

(Please note that this does not include postage time.)

Ok
The instructions are on their web page!
see below....... a direct cut and paste............... make sure you read the last 3 lines!

Get a copy of your criminal record
If you are an individual and you want a copy of your own criminal record, you need to:

1. Complete the Request by individual for a copy of any criminal convictions (Priv/F1) form. You will need to print and sign it.
  2. Attach a copy of your valid drivers’ licence OR passport showing a current signature for verification purposes. Do not send original identification. If you do not have a valid drivers' licence or passport, you will need to ask someone to confirm your identity, using Section 2 of the form. Note: Parents or caregivers completing the form on behalf of children aged 16 and under must provide a signed copy of their own passport or drivers licence and include this with the childs' application.
  3. If your application is for a visa to travel overseas or apply for citizenship in another country, please attach a coversheet stating you will require the result to be on original letterhead with ink signature.
    Note: This is NOT required for Australia.
  4. Send us your completed form and copy of identification. You can either:
What happens next?
We will post you a copy of your criminal record within 20 working days of the date we receive your completed form and identification.

(Please note that this does not include postage time.)
ell now I feel stupid, thanks for that