• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Thats strange, I tried again the second time and it gave a message that the confirmation email as been sent. I used the same email address, if it did register it then it would have threw up an error that the email address has been used or such.

Thats strange, I tried again the second time and it gave a message that the confirmation email as been sent. I used the same email address, if it did register it then it would have threw up an error that the email address has been used or such.

Really.. now this is crazy... I tried for the third time.. And used another browser - Internet Explorer this time in case it was a browser thing but no luck.. I sent email to them.. Lets see what the outcome is..

Really.. now this is crazy... I tried for the third time.. And used another browser - Internet Explorer this time in case it was a browser thing but no luck.. I sent email to them.. Lets see what the outcome is..
Did you check your spam folder?
Try using a trusted domain email to register. I know from past experience that Hotmail and live mail had a few issues when used to register on some sites and forums.

Hi all. I am fortunate to get an interview September 1st in Singapore. I really wasn't sure if I would get it or not and my case number is so close to the cut off. Anyway, I didn't get my police certificate yet. I am overseas and so will need to apply as soon as possible but I wasn't sure if I need to apply for one with fingerprints or just a name check. Does anyone know? Thanks in advance.

Did you check your spam folder?
Try using a trusted domain email to register. I know from past experience that Hotmail and live mail had a few issues when used to register on some sites and forums.

Hi @LazyDoggie I cross checked all folders in the email account - we're using Gmail which I confidently know is more than trusted. I will wait for a bit longer to see if USCIS replies to my email.. day is almost over in US..

If not then I will create another account and use that to see if anything happens.

- Since you updated your address at the POE, your SSN will be sent to the new address.
- Your visa upon endorsement at the POE has now become your GC, it's valid for one year. You simply present your passport with the currently endorsed visa on it should you need to use it in place of your plastic GC. You don't get a new visa or any other update.

Thank you mom and susie, you have both been so helpful throughout this process.

I will be back in the states before the year is up hopefully. I actually met a taxi driver there who won the DV lottery and we got chatting about it.. He said that he never received his plastic GC in the post and had to organize for a replacement to be sent (the cost of this was huge, something like $700 he said!!) so I hope mine actually shows up. I have heard that a lot go missing or are un-deliverable.

Again, thank you

Updating address at POE:

The address on the data sheet stuck to the front fo the yellow envelopes for POE is now incorrect - my wife's sister moved. Can we just (neatly) hand write the updated address on it? So that when we present to immigration they can just read it off? Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance. (POE coming shortly). Martin

I would not touch and/or tamper with that envelope at all. Just inform the guys at POE that the address is no longer correct and let them make the change.

@EmilyW Thank you Emily - nice to hear from you :)

We will type out a copy of the new address - (consider this insurance against the Aussie accent being misunderstood) - and wife will hand it to the officer.

Hi Guys!! Starting to stress again... I got my Police check in March.. it says on the check "As at March 24th 2015". My Interview is August 28th. Should I do my police check again? How long are they considered valid? I literally have not been in Australia since January... so it obviously covers the whole period I was there..

Any ideas? or reassurances?

Steph...

Hi Guys!! Starting to stress again... I got my Police check in March.. it says on the check "As at March 24th 2015". My Interview is August 28th. Should I do my police check again? How long are they considered valid? I literally have not been in Australia since January... so it obviously covers the whole period I was there..

Steph...

I'd get a new one. $42 to reduce the risk to zero is $42 well spent.

IMHO Australia has the most efficient police clearance in the world. They have it ready to send in one day. Amazing.

Steph...

btw I notice that the Sydney Consultate says: "An Australian police certificate from the Australian Federal Police is required for all applicants 16
and older. National Police Certificates based on fingerprints are preferred, but a certificate not based on fingerprints is acceptable if it shows all aliases ever used. Note: Australian police certificates are valid for 12 months from the date of issue."

However since you are going via Singapore I'd still get a new Police Certificate. You might get a CO who doesn't know Australia well and wants all certificates < 3 months old.

Quick question for experienced applicants.

Just going through the Sydney Pre-requisites list and I saw this:

"26) FORM DS-260 IMMIGRANT VISA ELECTRONIC APPLICATION
Each applicant, including dependents, must complete Form DS-260 Immigrant Visa Electronic Application online. Bring a copy of the DS-260 confirmation page, which should have a bar code and the applicant’s picture."

My DS-260 confirmation doesn't have my picture?

btw I notice that the Sydney Consultate says: "An Australian police certificate from the Australian Federal Police is required for all applicants 16
and older. National Police Certificates based on fingerprints are preferred, but a certificate not based on fingerprints is acceptable if it shows all aliases ever used. Note: Australian police certificates are valid for 12 months from the date of issue."

However since you are going via Singapore I'd still get a new Police Certificate. You might get a CO who doesn't know Australia well and wants all certificates < 3 months old.
sorry, what do you mean "Via Singapore". I'm having my interview in Sydney.

Quick question for experienced applicants.

Just going through the Sydney Pre-requisites list and I saw this:

"26) FORM DS-260 IMMIGRANT VISA ELECTRONIC APPLICATION
Each applicant, including dependents, must complete Form DS-260 Immigrant Visa Electronic Application online. Bring a copy of the DS-260 confirmation page, which should have a bar code and the applicant’s picture."

My DS-260 confirmation doesn't have my picture?

None of them have the picture.

I did my police check on 14/07/15 and my interview is not yet scheduled, I don't think you need a new one at all. The website clearly states that it is valid for 12 months and has to be valid when you enter the United States. If I was you I won't even bother:)[/QUOTE]