• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Yeah that list is not related to DV.. I asked a previous DV2014 winner.. But if the CO wana fire those questions to my missus then bring it!! She can answer all of that lol... Even the underwear part! Hahahaha... White one which has Monday on it... (Since Interview is on a Monday)... Just kiddin guys! But @Maisy I do appreciate the look out for me! I'm Gona get her to have 2 red bulls before interview...
You give your wife Red Bulls, thats funny... she will be fine... you all will be okay.... Trust God He always looks out for us.

Damm that list had me worried. I said to the mrs we better prepare. An Indian and kiwi couple are sure to raise suspicion lol.
All of a sudden I started asking her what day does the rubbish get picked up ? She thought I woke up on the wrong side of the bed .....
yeah we are mixed race marriage as well, I say onion he thinks I'm talking about butter chicken ( you get the idea)!! :) I want samosas for lunch he wants cheese on toast.

Did the friend go through a DV based CP? What Em and I are trying to pass across is that they relate more to someone attending a marriage based GC interview, and it's not limited to Fiji people or those interviewing in Fiji alone as a matter of fact.
thinking about it now, it could have been for spousal visas.. some people got together in Nadi in a school hall and shared these questions for- dv lottery.

Last edited:
Hahahahaha
apparently Fijian friends crop up in the oddest places (like Lagos, probably one of the consulates with the highest ever refusal rates for green card marriages)
Look about half way down the page, post by darhmee at 8:55am On Oct 21, 2013 , for a very familiar looking list of questions...
http://www.nairaland.com/1275397/dv-2014-winners-meet-here/107
you are correct, 50 % of the time its genuine marriage, however the political system is so bad in Fiji that Indians just want to get out of the country. People will conveniently get married to cousins and second cousins to help them out. I've heard stories.

Yes...and of course China has not been eligible for DV for years and this clearly says it's for a marriage visa, no relation to DV at all.

Right, so I guess we can properly now disregard the misleading scare stories about how "tough" the Fiji interviewers are ...
my intentions are good- Susie- there is not a bad bone in me, I honestly can tell you that people are getting them asked in Fiji and Dv selectees', spouses are being asked. Honestly. I know it because my uncle ( dads brother) was second in charge in the US Embassy in Suva, Fiji, he used to approve visas- he passed away a few years back. He worked for the US Embassy from the early 1980's to early 2000's. I do not wish to name him out of respect.

Ma bad! I meant to write Fiji DV selectees.
no worries, I understood what you were meaning to say.

Sorry for late replies, I started work last week after being on maternity leave for so long and now only have time to come on the forum once a day, mostly in the evenings... cheers.

my intentions are good- Susie- there is not a bad bone in me, I honestly can tell you that people are getting them asked in Fiji and Dv selectees', spouses are being asked. Honestly. I know it because my uncle ( dads brother) was second in charge in the US Embassy in Suva, Fiji, he used to approve visas- he passed away a few years back. He worked for the US Embassy from the early 1980's to early 2000's. I do not wish to name him out of respect.

Maisy, I don't want to prolong this, but please be honest. You presented that list as coming from a friend in Fiji based on the DV questions the tough CO asked there. It is word for word identical to lists published on a Nigerian forum a few years ago and a Chinese immigration attorney website about spousal visas. A long list like that being absolutely identical? You understand my issue with how you presented it? If not, never mind. I'm sure your intentions were good, but maybe you need to think things through a bit too.

This is very obviously a set of questions aimed at determining if a marriage is genuine. So I can see some of them might be asked in the case of someone who got married after selection, but considering most DV interviews are 2-5 minutes this is clearly not a DV list and no reason to ask them for anyone who didn't get married after selection.
Or some bore CO doing a study about courtship, family habits etc.
It isn't worth it for that kind of grilling.

Hi! I activated my visa today and all went well. Landed in Newark from Toronto (no processing there as I didn't leave from the main airport) and stood in the non-resident line. Handed my passport and secret envelope over, did the normal fingerprint/eye scan thing and then got taken to a room out the back. An officer asked me to sign a piece of paper, I gave ink fingerprints then I was on my way. Entire process from arriving at customs to leaving took less than 10 mins.
I'm now in a hotel on 8th Ave trying to figure out where we are going to live!
Thanks so much to @SusieQQQ @Britsimon and the other mods for your advice and your levelheaded ways and thanks to the OC class of 2015 for your support and stories. Good luck to everyone and I wish you all the best. I won't visit here too often but will definitely keep up to date with the VB and keep everything crossed that as many of us make it as possible. Bye for now! X

Maisy, I don't want to prolong this, but please be honest. You presented that list as coming from a friend in Fiji based on the DV questions the tough CO asked there. It is word for word identical to lists published on a Nigerian forum a few years ago and a Chinese immigration attorney website about spousal visas. A long list like that being absolutely identical? You understand my issue with how you presented it? If not, never mind. I'm sure your intentions were good, but maybe you need to think things through a bit too.
Susie, I had a list I shared it. I don't know the origins of it, but I thought it could help someone, it made sense to me. However, what I think makes sense, might not be of value to others, and that's ok. People have their own way of thinking, that's why they say: we agree to disagree. I admire you and Brit, an d Mom for your countless time spent here, helping others, I've benefited from your post, loads of respect for you three. So thank you, you do make a difference here on this forum in peoples lives, you three are truly amazing. When I win my lottery in the future, it will be all because of you three and your factual information here. hats off to you. Bless your day and your lives with beautiful opportunities, things and people, Blessings to you. Take care

Last edited:
Susie, I had a list I shared it. I don't know the origins of it, but I thought it could help someone, it made sense to me. However, what I think makes sense, might not be of value to others, and that's ok. People have their own way of thinking, that's why they say: we agree to disagree. I admire you and Brit, an d Mom for your countless time spent here, helping others, I've benefited from your post, loads of respect for you three. So thank you, you do make a difference here on this forum in peoples lives, you three are truly amazing. When I win my lottery in the future, it will be all because of you three and your factual information here. hats off to you. Bless your day and your lives with beautiful opportunities, things and people, Blessings to you. Take care

Now you say you don't know the origins, before you told us it reliably came from a close friend, or something like that.
This is how urban legends get started, anyway... people can judge as to how reliable sources from different posters are I guess. Wanting to help is one thing, needless scaremongering is something else. People taking responsibility for what they do/post rather than 15 excuses after the fact is nice too, if rare. Blessings to you too.

Now you say you don't know the origins, before you told us it reliably came from a close friend, or something like that.
This is how urban legends get started, anyway... people can judge as to how reliable sources from different posters are I guess. Wanting to help is one thing, needless scaremongering is something else. People taking responsibility for what they do/post rather than 15 excuses after the fact is nice too, if rare. Blessings to you too.
Yeah, I did get it from a friend but then you are saying its from some forum, so yeah I don't know where it originated from all I know that I got it from someone- but where
did they get from, I do not know. cheers.

Plus if you are in a genuine relationship- then those things are something every wife or husband would know.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

I'm sure this has been answered before so I apologize if this is a repeat, but how long after the interview in Sydney did people get their passports back? The website says 1-2 weeks, but a friend has his returned that same week.

Thanks !

I got mine back on the Thursday (so two days). People in Sydney can and do get theirs back the next day.

Hey All!

Hope things are smooth around here on this forum :) Guess what! I'd like to witness that prayer works :)

I prayed about the Brisbane trip clashing with the Interview and just left worrying about it... Guess what?? I won't be going to Brisbane! Instead the workshop/course will be done online at work here in Fiji :-D

So.... I get to go for the Interview.. and do the course! AMEN!!

Hows my ladys been doing? @EmilyW @SusieQQQ @Maisy

Love and blessings to you all!!

Hey All!

Hope things are smooth around here on this forum :) Guess what! I'd like to witness that prayer works :)

I prayed about the Brisbane trip clashing with the Interview and just left worrying about it... Guess what?? I won't be going to Brisbane! Instead the workshop/course will be done online at work here in Fiji :-D

So.... I get to go for the Interview.. and do the course! AMEN!!

Hows my ladys been doing? @EmilyW @SusieQQQ @Maisy

Love and blessings to you all!!

Oh also in my thoughts when I mentioned "Hows my ladys been doing? @Sm1smom @eskimokisses