• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...ntry/AS.html#policecertificatesallaustralia-4

'National Police Certificates based on fingerprints are preferred, but a certificate not based on fingerprints is acceptable if it shows all aliases ever used. When applying for the certificate, indicate that it is “for immigration purpose” and must be “full disclosure”.

Applicants who are required to provide an Australian police certificate should present it at the time of interview or request that it be sent directly to the Consulate where they will apply.

Police certificates are valid for 12 months from the date of issue.'​

Bolding is mine. This is new though on the site. Previously, it was where you applied through your state's police.

Hi All,

I heard back from the AFP with regard to the police check.

This was their response with regard to "full disclosure".

"If you require a complete disclosure you will need to select Commonwealth Purpose- code 33 Immigration/Citizenship."

So that's nice and clear. Also, there is a section for my wife to put her maiden name as well.

Thanks for that, I will apply for that now. Cheers!!!

Thanks for the info Emily, I am/was having a panic attack over this seeing our interview is only 12 days away.

We have National Police Certificates dated 10 November 2014. So the 'full disclosure' bit has been added since then. The form states 'Reason for Check - Application for an overseas Visa' - this doesn't state Immigration. It does have my maiden and married name. We used the link provided on the website.

Not sure what to do now? Apply again and hope they come in time or try with the ones we have, both are risky. Any advice would be appreciated!

This is absolutely new information (I found it perhaps two weeks ago) so I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Thanks for the info Emily, I am/was having a panic attack over this seeing our interview is only 12 days away.

We have National Police Certificates dated 10 November 2014. So the 'full disclosure' bit has been added since then. The form states 'Reason for Check - Application for an overseas Visa' - this doesn't state Immigration. It does have my maiden and married name. We used the link provided on the website.

Not sure what to do now? Apply again and hope they come in time or try with the ones we have, both are risky. Any advice would be appreciated!

I wouldn't worry about it. The main reason I brought it up was the maiden name thing which wasn't on my wife's initial police check. If you have your maiden name on yours, you will be absolutely fine.

It's weird because the same site is contradicting itself.

Might this one be a question for the embassy itself perhaps?

When I look at that site, I don't think it's a contradiction, I think it's just multiple avenues for the same thing. What I get from that is that you can do it through your state or you can do it nationally. You should be covered regardless.

Well mine is all uploaded and paid for . So I will have 2 police checks to show. Hopefully that should be enough to cover my sinful ass.
Thank god for this forum or I would have attended my interview so ill-prepared.
Thanks guys for all your input. I hope to help someone one day instead of just taking all the advice. :)

What two did you get? Local and Federal?

I'm going to call Sydney tomorrow to confirm, it should be okay but I need to know for sure. Will post here after I call them, thanks everyone!

What two did you get? Local and Federal?

I'm going to call Sydney tomorrow to confirm, it should be okay but I need to know for sure. Will post here after I call them, thanks everyone!
Yeah I got a local one done ages ago but it doesn't have my maiden name so I followed Gandts instructions for the full disclosure federal one....sans fingerprints

We just had the National Police Checks (mine from October) applied for through Vic Police for our interview a few weeks ago and they were fine. If it shows all your names I believe it will be fine :)

I just called them and they only accept questions via email: support-australia@ustraveldocs.com. My hubby ordered the Fed full disclosure certificate last night. It's a 10 business day turnaround time so probably won't make the interview date. I'm not going to order it, Suicideblonde said she was fine in Jan but if they have changed the rule only 2 weeks ago?? The actual link for police checks still points to the process we followed going thru Vic Police.

It's a strange one because the Sydney embassy advice points through going through state police whereas the more general advice for Australia points to AFP. The general advice is the one that has changed in the last few weeks so maybe the Sydney embassy have not updated their advice?

At any rate, I really don't think it makes a difference. A national policy check with all aliases should be fine.

Thanks Gemma.

Good point Emily, I'm going to print off the page from the Sydney consulate referring to State police and take it to the interview incase there are any issues

Is the the medical valid for 3 months or 6 months? As the medical envelope was sealed that I took to my Sydney interview, now the envelope I need to take to the US is sealed. I will be going to activate 5 months after my medical and 1 month before my activation visa expires what will happen if my medical was only for 3 months and has expired when I land in the US to activate?