• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

You can also try emailing them at Medical_melbourne@medibank.com.au when I called them to make my appointment at the start of the month they advised me to email our names, DOB, what the medical was for and when we wanted it to that address and they confirmed it same day.

awesome thanks so much, Ive just shot them off an email now as I have been calling every hour and still no answer.

Good luck with your medical tomorrow!

The embassy was closed yesterday due to the siege in Martin Place. I'm expecting that the only people who got through were ones who were there prior to 10am.

I don't think there was anyone from our group who was scheduled for yesterday.

The embassy was closed yesterday due to the siege in Martin Place. I'm expecting that the only people who got through were ones who were there prior to 10am.

I don't think there was anyone from our group who was scheduled for yesterday.

I think they only do interviews in Sydney on Tuesdays, so I doubt there would have been any on Monday at all. Lucky none of this group were affected by the closure, would have been a stressful time for anyone who had an interview. I wonder if they just rescheduled them for Wednesday. Would have really affected anyone coming from interstate I imagine.

Just had my medical in Melbourne - was scheduled for 905am and 2+ hours was spent waiting around :/ I don't get why appointment times are made if they don't really stick to them :p
Just need to get the X-ray now.
Also, for anyone interested the Medibank website lists the price as $471.60 but then they also charge another $47.16 as GST hence the total being $518.76.

Just had my medical in Melbourne - was scheduled for 905am and 2+ hours was spent waiting around :/ I don't get why appointment times are made if they don't really stick to them :p
Also, for anyone interested the Medibank website lists the price as $471.60 but then they also charge another $47.16 as GST hence the total being $518.76.
Gotta love a 2+ hour wait at the doctors! Do they tell you what they are going to put into the report ie.that you are in good health and have passed the medical or do you have to wait for your interview at the embassy to find out?

Gotta love a 2+ hour wait at the doctors! Do they tell you what they are going to put into the report ie.that you are in good health and have passed the medical or do you have to wait for your interview at the embassy to find out?

You get a stack of forms to fill out - one which has a bunch of yes no questions about general health and medical history, one is the tuberculosis one that goes to the xray people to fill in and the other is the vaccination form.
In the actual medical, first they took a blood sample and took blood pressure weight and height. Then the doctor checked my vaccination records and filled in the vaccination form, and I had everything required-she noted a few as not age appropriate (including polio (didn't have my records from when I was a kid) and meningococcal ) then listened to my heart lungs etc, checked ears eyes and mouth, took my pulse, got me to do some stretches/movements and a quick look under my skirt but that was it! Very simple and easy.
Obviously it depends on your medical history but I didn't have anything to mention apart from one surgery with no further implications.
Hope that helps!
I imagine if there was anything major that was a risk for your medical/interview they'd mention it to you.

Interestingly my husband went to a different doctor at the same time and he got made to have polio and meningococcal vaccines..

You get a stack of forms to fill out - one which has a bunch of yes no questions about general health and medical history, one is the tuberculosis one that goes to the xray people to fill in and the other is the vaccination form.
In the actual medical, first they took a blood sample and took blood pressure weight and height. Then the doctor checked my vaccination records and filled in the vaccination form, and I had everything required-she noted a few as not age appropriate (including polio (didn't have my records from when I was a kid) and meningococcal ) then listened to my heart lungs etc, checked ears eyes and mouth, took my pulse, got me to do some stretches/movements and a quick look under my skirt but that was it! Very simple and easy.
Obviously it depends on your medical history but I didn't have anything to mention apart from one surgery with no further implications.
Hope that helps!
I imagine if there was anything major that was a risk for your medical/interview they'd mention it to you.

Interestingly my husband went to a different doctor at the same time and he got made to have polio and meningococcal vaccines..

Awesome thanks for letting me know :)

Ohhhhh so THAT'S what that was! I questioned it several times at Medibank and they couldn't tell me why the prices were different. Don't know why they don't just advertise the full price, it's not the the US!

Ohhhhh so THAT'S what that was! I questioned it several times at Medibank and they couldn't tell me why the prices were different. Don't know why they don't just advertise the full price, it's not the the US!

Weird! Mine has it clearly on the receipt that's how I figured it out :p

Just had our interview and we were accepted! Expecting the passports back in the next few weeks.

Congrats Indiollie :) How did the interview go? My number is 6xx also but I have not received anything... I have checked the online status check as I heard they post the 2nl there but still nothing for me. I hope my number hasn't slipped through the cracks.

How were you notified of your interview?

Thanks

Congrats Indiollie :) How did the interview go? My number is 6xx also but I have not received anything... I have checked the online status check as I heard they post the 2nl there but still nothing for me. I hope my number hasn't slipped through the cracks.

How were you notified of your interview?

Thanks

THe 2NL is an email which tells you to check the ESC site for the appointment details. When did you submit your DS260?

Hi Britsimon

I completed it on 16 August 14. I hope it wasn't too late. I have been checking my emails and junk but sadly nothing.

Hi Britsimon

I completed it on 16 August 14. I hope it wasn't too late. I have been checking my emails and junk but sadly nothing.

OK that was too late for the February interviews. You might be completed in time for the March interviews - which would mean getting an email notification (2NL) in 3 to 4 weeks time.

OK that was too late for the February interviews. You might be completed in time for the March interviews - which would mean getting an email notification (2NL) in 3 to 4 weeks time.

Thank you Britsimon

I am kicking myself for not getting it in sooner. I really hope I haven't ruined my chances of the green card. I didn't realise that submitting the DS260 early would determine the interview date.

Hi Britsimon

I am in the same boat. I put my ds260 in on the 7th August and am still waiting. So it's just a delay. Frustrating but all good. Hopefully get a March date which will be great. I been meaning to ring kcc this week. But haven't got around to it.