• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

Kindly clarify, the photo rejected is it the one we applied with at first or the one we will carry to the embassy. @Kenyan gal ???
a good example is ....i have a relative who went to us with no money and now his doing very well in usa and he told me its the kind of friends you have and not keeping to yourself that made him who he is...........

P
Thanks suzy. But I really think geting a dv does noy mean I have no strong ties. The B requires proof that am not intending to stay. I would be damb to go live a life of running around the streets having left a job. Tjose were the 80's when people took such silly risks to lean the streets of us.

What Susie wrote about B1/B2 visa is right. COs are generally trained to perceive all NIV applicants as having immigrant intent until proven otherwise. So it's not a matter of you being dumb 'to live a life of running around having left a job'. Yes you may not have that plan but the CO isn't going to take your words at face value. And proving one has no immigrant intent is a lot harder once one has attempted or gone through the process of applying for an IV.

So like Susie, if for any reason your IV application is denied in Nov, I strongly believe the NIV application will equally be denied in Dec. You shouldn't have put in a NIV application when you did, the only thing such a move tells the CO is that you're desperate to go to the U.S. even if that is not your original intention. That move was a bad one.

a good example is ....i have a relative who went to us with no money and now his doing very well in usa and he told me its the kind of friends you have and not keeping to yourself that made him who he is...........

I think the thing is you go there and do your thing to the best of your ability and all will be good.

We all joke that if you have hacked here(a 3rd world country) u can hack anywhere. This is so true. As long as you are focused and determined to be a better person then there will be nothing to stop you from being successful despite the fact that hustling is real there:)

P
Thanks suzy. But I really think geting a dv does noy mean I have no strong ties. The B requires proof that am not intending to stay. I would be damb to go live a life of running around the streets having left a job. Tjose were the 80's when people took such silly risks to lean the streets of us.

You have been well advised but you don;t seem to understand what you are being told. You asked a question and sought help from those with a bit of knowledge about these immigration matters. What I see you do is try defend your actions though they might cost you; and might even lead you to being put on AP or even being refused a visa. Only you know the real truth about your case. So if you don;t intend on moving to US as i perceive from your answer above why then go through the DV process. This is a process that even the slightest omission, or mistake can cost you your visa.

What Susie wrote about B1/B2 visa is right. COs are generally trained to perceive all NIV applicants as having immigrant intent until proven otherwise. So it's not a matter of you being dumb 'to live a life of running around having left a job'. Yes you may not have that plan but the CO isn't going to take your words at face value. And proving one has no immigrant intent is a lot harder once one has attempted or gone through the process of applying for an IV.

So like Susie, if for any reason your IV application is denied in Nov, I strongly believe the NIV application will equally be denied in Dec. You shouldn't have put in a NIV application when you did, the only thing such a move tells the CO is that you're desperate to go to the U.S. even if that is not your original intention. That move was a bad one.
Mom-I happened to meet him during my medicals and he is a cool and humble guy and am sure he has a Job that can support what he is saying(proof) of no immigrating.That aside-my advice to him was that he register on this forum for expert advice.Am very interested to know the best advice since myself I had none.Am not holding brief for him but kindly what is he supposed to do from the position he is now..

You have been well advised but you don;t seem to understand what you are being told. You asked a question and sought help from those with a bit of knowledge about these immigration matters. What I see you do is try defend your actions though they might cost you; and might even lead you to being put on AP or even being refused a visa. Only you know the real truth about your case. So if you don;t intend on moving to US as i perceive from your answer above why then go through the DV process. This is a process that even the slightest omission, or mistake can cost you your visa.
Can I stop having sny more advice from any other person who thinks they have a slightest idea if whats going on. Before anyone wastes yime commenting I suggest you read the previous podts uou will get more sense.
Fyi... I got perfect information from @Sm1smom and that has been very good. I don't need anymore. Please keep it to yourselves because you are confusing everyone. I will contact whoever I need to get advice . At the moment let me stick with the experts only.

Can I stop having sny more advice from any other person who thinks they have a slightest idea if whats going on. Before anyone wastes yime commenting I suggest you read the previous podts uou will get more sense.
Fyi... I got perfect information from @Sm1smom and that has been very good. I don't need anymore. Please keep it to yourselves because you are confusing everyone. I will contact whoever I need to get advice . At the moment let me stick with the experts only.
rude ur dude

Mom-I happened to meet him during my medicals and he is a cool and humble guy and am sure he has a Job that can support what he is saying(proof) of no immigrating.That aside-my advice to him was that he register on this forum for expert advice.Am very interested to know the best advice since myself I had none.Am not holding brief for him but kindly what is he supposed to do from the position he is now..

Read my post again. It's not a matter of him having a great job or being able to show the CO proof of a job. The fact is the CO will not even wait for the proof to be presented, they most likely will not request to see any evidence for that matter before a denial response is issued. All that will be taken into consideration is that in Nov a person showed up saying issues me with an immigrant visa, I want to live in the US and that application is denied for one reason or the other. Then this same person shows up at another US embassy a month later saying I need a non-immigrant visa, I'm not interested in living in the US. They just don't work like that!

I'm flattered that you feel you're getting useful information from me with regards to your case. However I would caution you not get too prickly with input from other forum members. Truth is I wouldn't always be around to answer people's questions and there are so many others with great understanding of the U.S. immigration system who have been helping forum members and who can equally provide further guidance on your case. Asking people to buzz off your case is not the best way to get help, almost everyone in the forum is greatly interested in helping one another succeed.

I'm flattered that you feel you're getting useful information from me with regards to your case. However I would caution you not get too prickly with input from other forum members. Truth is I wouldn't always be around to answer people's questions and there are so many others with great understanding of the U.S. immigration system who have been helping forum members and who can equally provide further guidance on your case. Asking people to buzz off your case is not the best way to get help, almost everyone in the forum is greatly interested in helping one another succeed.
Thanks mom. Just that some guys can really be annoying even those without an idea of whats going on.
Otherwise sorry for that.
Remember this is a public forum not everyone has positive intent or good intentions.
But for tge genuine ones thanks for your help.

Can I stop having sny more advice from any other person who thinks they have a slightest idea if whats going on. ..
Please keep it to yourselves because you are confusing everyone. I will contact whoever I need to get advice . At the moment let me stick with the experts only.

Tell you what, if you don't want advice then best you don't come on the Internet and ask for it.
This is a forum. You don't get to pick and choose who posts and comments on threads.

Well I choose to ignore the bad blood.... This is a forum that has really helped many get through their immigration positively. Its always good to have an open mind, think through the different opinions shared. I will not let one negative comment cower me. Am here to learn and to help where i can... :):):)

Sh
Well I choose to ignore the bad blood.... This is a forum that has really helped many get through their immigration positively. Its always good to have an open mind, think through the different opinions shared. I will not let one negative comment cower me. Am here to learn and to help where i can... :):):)
Shorrie sorry about what I said nothing personal. It was a bad day perhaps.

Reeeeeeally!!! even you??:p

Reeeeeeallly nothing is more irritating on a forum than people who come to ask for advice then are rude to people who try help them, because they don't like what they are told. The advice you get will not always be what you want to hear. So yes if you don't want to hear the truth or you don't realise that by posting on a forum anyone is able to answer, maybe it's better to not be here in the first place.

Hello mates,

I don't know if this is the right time to ask such a question, maybe its a little too early but I thought advice from you guys might put at ease my wandering mind :p .

I am in my very early twenties, if I do get the visa then going to the USA alone. I'm not married yet but would be getting married in a couple of years time. Understand that it takes 5years to attain citizenship for a green card holder. Can a green card holder get married to a non US citizen between those 5 years ? If yes, then how does the spouse come to the US ? and how long does it take for the spouse to get citizenship also ?

Advices from forum mates are most welcomed, experts ( @Britsimon @Sm1smom @SusieQQQ ) kindly guide me.

Thanks in advance.