• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

Haiya Africa is 14,200 Missed by a whisker!! Have to wait till November then if am not wrong

No, you wait till Dec. The numbers they just released are for those current in November, so if you narrowly missed that then your CN will fall within those that will be released in Sept for December interview.

@Sm1smom ...thanks for reply/advice. Anyway, the information I posted there was not real! Like names, mobile and address. So you mean for DV this letter will not be allowed? How should Affidavit of support look like?

Thanks in advance.
@Cokoth as most experienced forumites will tell you having an AOS is good just in case they decide to ask for it. It depends from CO to CO. However, mostly in Nairobi, rarely do they ask DV applicants for this AOS. However, it does not mean that you cannot be asked for it. The most important things for you are the Medicals, Police CERT, have a valid passport (6 months atleast) and KNEC Notification of your KCSE and Birth Cert and 2*2 passport pic with White background. End of. Other papers like undergrad, diploma etc is good to have but they may not even ask for them.

Simon I have heard that DV fees might be reviewed down to 120$ from 330$ but form I-134 becomes a requirement (affidavit of support )in Nairobi .
\

There have been some revisions to some of the visa fees when I last visited the Website. However, sadly for DV there was no change that i saw

\

There have been some revisions to some of the visa fees when I last visited the Website. However, sadly for DV there was no change that i saw
pose congrats for giving dv2015 advice its great to share knowledge and i believe that with tyme members of dv2014 will share their experience with DV 2015,congrats to folks who are goin for their medical and guys dont forget that the journey is long and you need each other till the end ,be blessed house 2015 and remember all this is Gods work

Pos
@Cokoth as most experienced forumites will tell you having an AOS is good just in case they decide to ask for it. It depends from CO to CO. However, mostly in Nairobi, rarely do they ask DV applicants for this AOS. However, it does not mean that you cannot be asked for it. The most important things for you are the Medicals, Police CERT, have a valid passport (6 months atleast) and KNEC Notification of your KCSE and Birth Cert and 2*2 passport pic with White background. End of. Other papers like undergrad, diploma etc is good to have but they may not even ask for them.

@pose thanks so much for the advice, how long it takes KNEC to send the Notification to the embassy :)?

"AOS"means what in full please

Depends on the context. It can mean "Affidavit of Support" or "Adjustment of Status".

Adjustment of Status is done by people already in the USA from one visa type to another - in our case onto Green Card.

Depends on the context. It can mean "Affidavit of Support" or "Adjustment of Status".

Adjustment of Status is done by people already in the USA from one visa type to another - in our case onto Green Card.
THANK YOU SIR NOW AM A STEP A HEAD

@Britsimon,what are the common questions they ask during the interview?

@Britsimon,what are the common questions they ask during the interview?

Very simple, where was your school, have you ever been married, what will you do in the States, and if you are from a country where it is common to stay with a host, they will ask your relationship to that host or a person that completes an I134 for you.

Very simple stuff.

I was eagerly waiting for the 2nl today as my number AF.......2xxx was current in October and did not bear fruit. Today appears still there will be possibly nothing to smile about. Wah! In the meantime, let me focus on my business, as it appears I may lose focus in the name of DV. Please if anyone has gotten I would like to hear from you. Seems I have to be patient with this American Dream.

10 working days is the standard time as per their website and even when you go there.

be patient. you will probably fall current before the year ends. you can imagine those of us who had to wait since last year oct 2013 till sept2014 to get current. one month or two is bearable to an extent.

has any one received the 2nl................am a dv2015af00012***
submitted on 21st june when should i expect interview........

has any one received the 2nl................am a dv2015af00012***
submitted on 21st june when should i expect interview........
A few received for October Interview (infact they have already gone for medicals kshs 19,800/=)The second lot of 2nl Next week.That's what they have told me

Hey friends from DV2015,

as Pose insinuated, patience is one quality you MUST have. Try to research by going through the DV2014 thread it has a wealth of information. You will discover that simple mistakes which are avoidable can cause a lot of heartache and sleepless nights. Otherwise all the best and I hope you have already started saving.