• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

@sussieQQQ
thanks alot I've always had the police certificate does it mean ill have to renew it???[/QUOTE
@sussieQQQ
thanks alot I've always had the police certificate does it mean ill have to renew it???
yaap, but sometimes we are not sure of what to say cz new things come everyday. we will try to be relevant.
To stay relevant,just click on my profile - avatar( the dove) and click follow me,am sure you will be getting my post and make contribution on them

If it has expired or it may expire before your interview is scheduled. I suppose you may be forced to re-new it as you have just submitted your DS 260.
The Good conduct has a lifespan of 1year-when presented anywhere in Kenya except the Nairobi Embassy where it must NOT BE 6 MONTHS old during the interview.

Whether there is likely-hood the DV cost will go down.

It doesn't make any difference to you as you cannot choose when to pay it. KCC determines your interview date and you pay at the embassy. So you can't try to take advantage of timing it even if it does (and it has already gone down a lot from a few years ago). If you are talking about budgeting, budget for $330 (plus the $165 immigrant fee) and if it is less by the time you have your interview then you have a tiny bit extra spending money when you get to the US...

It doesn't make any difference to you as you cannot choose when to pay it. KCC determines your interview date and you pay at the embassy. So you can't try to take advantage of timing it even if it does (and it has already gone down a lot from a few years ago). If you are talking about budgeting, budget for $330 (plus the $165 immigrant fee) and if it is less by the time you have your interview then you have a tiny bit extra spending money when you get to the US...
Thank Susie,its just that a 2015 guy requested my opinion on the same and I had NONE.

Guys i submitted my forms on 19th august and made a small mistake on my marriage dates instead of filling 5th of may i filled 10th of may on my form my wifes form has the correct dates 5th of may and i hv the original documents will this affect me on my interviews or i can ask kcc to unlock my forms.
Advise plizzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hey DV2015 folks...I hope you are all doing well...if you can, please update your signature so we can respond to certain types of questions better....at least place your CN in the following format: 2015AF78***.

Guys i submitted my forms on 19th august and made a small mistake on my marriage dates instead of filling 5th of may i filled 10th of may on my form my wifes form has the correct dates 5th of may and i hv the original documents will this affect me on my interviews or i can ask kcc to unlock my forms.
Advise plizzzzzzzzzzzzz
Ask them to unlock,they will do it

W
Hey DV2015 folks...I hope you are all doing well...if you can, please update your signature so we can respond to certain types of questions better....at least place your CN in the following format: 2015AF78***.[/QUOTE
Where is the worksheet,Have no been able to trace it.Can you please indicate step-by-step process

Hi guys, concerning the interview fee($330); is it paid in cash ama ni cheque? In whatever form, is it paid in US$ or in Ksh?

Last edited:
Hello Team,

A friend wrote me this as "affidavit of support" Do you think it's strong enough to face CO on the interview day? Advice please!

Consulate General of Nairobi, Kenya
United State of America

Dear Consulate officer,
We gladly welcome Mr. Cokoth to be a guest in our humble home. We accept full responsibilities of his initial needs upon his arrival in America. We pledge to provide him with adequate accommodation, transportation resources, laundry facilities, kitchen facility, internet access, and a relaxing environment. Our home is located in the address below:

xxxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx xxxx
Nairobi,Kansas 4000
Mobile: xxx-xxxxxxxx
Mr. xxxxx xxxxx and Mrs. xxxxx xxxxx
xxx-xxx-xxxx

We willingly assume all financial expenses Mr. Cokoth
will incur as our guest. We kindly request that you issue him with the appropriate travel visa. We appreciate all efforts and courtesies your office will extend to Mr. Cokoth. If you have any questions concerning our invitation, feel free to contact us at xxxxxx@yahoo.com or telephone number+xxxxxxxxx..
Sincerely,

Mr. xxxxx and Mrs. xxxxx xxxxx

Signature . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
He didn't sign saying I can just do it myself... Not necessary!

Last edited:
Hello Team,

A friend wrote me this as "affidavit of support" Do you think it's strong enough to face CO on the interview day? Advice please!

Consulate General of Nairobi, Kenya
United State of America

Dear Consulate officer,
We gladly welcome Mr. Cokoth to be a guest in our humble home. We accept full responsibilities of his initial needs upon his arrival in America. We pledge to provide him with adequate accommodation, transportation resources, laundry facilities, kitchen facility, internet access, and a relaxing environment. Our home is located in the address below:

xxxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx xxxx
Nairobi,Kansas 4000
Mobile: xxx-xxxxxxxx
Mr. xxxxx xxxxx and Mrs. xxxxx xxxxx
xxx-xxx-xxxx

We willingly assume all financial expenses Mr. Calvin will incur as our guest. We kindly request that you issue him with the appropriate travel visa. We appreciate all efforts and courtesies your office will extend to Mr. Cokoth. If you have any questions concerning our invitation, feel free to contact us at xxxxxx@yahoo.com or telephone number+xxxxxxxxx..
Sincerely,

Mr. xxxxx and Mrs. xxxxx xxxxx

Signature . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
He didn't sign saying I can just do it myself... Not necessary!

First of all, you should never post personal information, yours or other peoples openly in a public forum. I have therefore gone ahead and x'ed all personal information contained in the letter you posted.

To address your issue, what you have here is a basic letter of invitation, it will not be accepted as an affidavit of support if the CO requires you to submit an affidavit of support.

The person writing the letter should be the one signing it, you should NOT be the one signing it. Your friend's reluctance to sign the letter is not a good sign IMO!