• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

Am really sorry, sorry for asking this, I thought Nairobi embassy agreed for results to be sent in separately. Who cancelled interview, was it Kcc, Your interview was supposed to be early next month.
I thought Kcc responsible for scheduling interviews. From reading about your hubby chest x-ray results, I got a bit worried and had one done by my private doctor.
Maybe all is not lost, let's hear what britsimonsays.com got to say

The IOM told me they would send in my results and Us embassy told me it is IOMs discretion. To be honest I don't want this as much as a lot of people because I have a lot going on for me in Kenya in the first place. I am tired of fighting the bureaucracy of the process when I don't care enough for the end result.

Hi all, so the Embassy has cancelled my DV interview slot. There is nothing I can do about it. I guess this means it is the end of the line for me. It is a stupid policy, It is discrimination and not in line with standard operating procedures, but it is a policy for the Nairobi Consulate. It was nice having the DV family here for over a year and I would like to thank you for all the support and encouragement. FYI, this was because my husband's Xray had a scar. You'd think with all these precautions he was a confirmed ebola case or something.

The local embassy was very helpful and responsive and I encourage all applicants to ask your questions well in advance so you aren't stuck in a situation like me.

Good luck guys.

So sorry to hear that :(

The IOM told me they would send in my results and Us embassy told me it is IOMs discretion. To be honest I don't want this as much as a lot of people because I have a lot going on for me in Kenya in the first place. I am tired of fighting the bureaucracy of the process when I don't care enough for the end result.

:(:eek:
cancellation of the visa interview before the date has lapsed? in the event that you cannot attend fro whatever reson, the case remains in ready state. Something interesting here.

sorry.the whole thing doesnt sound right but better things wil come up

Cancellation of visa interview- does this happen often especially when the op has not interviewed?

No but this is clearly the strange way Nairobi approaches medicals. Clearly they decided the case could not be approved. I guess there is an upside for someone else as they would only have done this if they wanted to reallocate the slots and visa numbers to someone else. Still this is not the way it should be done.

Hi all, so the Embassy has cancelled my DV interview slot. There is nothing I can do about it. I guess this means it is the end of the line for me. It is a stupid policy, It is discrimination and not in line with standard operating procedures, but it is a policy for the Nairobi Consulate. It was nice having the DV family here for over a year and I would like to thank you for all the support and encouragement. FYI, this was because my husband's Xray had a scar. You'd think with all these precautions he was a confirmed ebola case or something.

The local embassy was very helpful and responsive and I encourage all applicants to ask your questions well in advance so you aren't stuck in a situation like me.

Good luck guys.

It's not right at all. Whether you feel like it is over or not - I think it would be important to contact KCC in writing and inform them of this "policy". Other people may get treated the same way and they may have less ability to fight.

Good luck guys.

That sucks! All the best as you move on.

No but this is clearly the strange way Nairobi approaches medicals. Clearly they decided the case could not be approved. I guess there is an upside for someone else as they would only have done this if they wanted to reallocate the slots and visa numbers to someone else. Still this is not the way it should be done.
Honestly, this coming from an American (the global champion of justice) government arm of all places?
Is it not about being arrested in advance because you will commit a crime some day in the distant future?
So no more rules in there, only a good crystal bal!
@usamommy2015 , do you want to splash this up in the social media.
I also still feel that your lawyer should be talking to IOM by now.

Honestly, this coming from an American (the global champion of justice) government arm of all places?
Is it not about being arrested in advance because you will commit a crime some day in the distant future?
So no more rules in there, only a good crystal bal!
@usamommy2015 , do you want to splash this up in the social media.
I also still feel that your lawyer should be talking to IOM by now.

Did you follow the earlier discussion? It is not about a crystal ball, it is about her husband not being able to have the medicals cleared before Sept 30, so they have just disregarded the whole family. It sounds like IOM is the main problem as well as the embassy not following the usual rules for such cases. There is a thread on another forum where someone also has his appointment cancelled by IOM !!! and now he can't get another one even though his medicals have cleared.

It Is a straightforward case- the husband ALONE would skip or get AP which at this time is a denial.

Iom trashed the rights of this family. A lawsuit is a good posibility here

The embassy disregarded the rules in cancelling the interviews even though the date is still ahead.

It Is a straightforward case- the husband ALONE would skip or get AP which at this time is a denial.

Iom trashed the rights of this family. A lawsuit is a good posibility here

The embassy disregarded the rules in cancelling the interviews even though the date is still ahead.
To be ready to take legal action and to sue someone will bring you a long way here in the U S of A, no doubt :)
Whether outlined legal action in this specific situation would in any way help to further usamommy2015's IV case, I seriously doubt however :(

To be ready to take legal action and to sue someone will bring you a long way here in the U S of A, no doubt :)
Whether outlined legal action in this specific situation would in any way help to further usamommy2015's IV case, I seriously doubt however :(
This is not so much about the visas per see. Its about how she and her family have been treated. To be frank, it sets a new low in mistreatment by IOM. Note that I have not asked her to sue the embassy.To the extent that we know about this case, they are also wrong in cancelling. Here we talk of approvals, AP, and denials but Cancellation?? @Msm1mom, any input on rules guiding cancellation of interviews?
A good lawyer should easily nudge IOM out their slumber. Voices of disagreement mine being among the first ones to KCC especially through the social media must also reach the embassy.

It's not right at all. Whether you feel like it is over or not - I think it would be important to contact KCC in writing and inform them of this "policy". Other people may get treated the same way and they may have less ability to fight.
@Britsimon, KCC seems to always respond when you talk to them. Do you mind taking up this one?
May be time you did a blog about the IOM medical station here.

I have written to KCC. I know it won't help my case but hopefully there is someone there who regards the law and maybe it will help DV2016. Thank you all for your prayers.

@Britsimon, KCC seems to always respond when you talk to them. Do you mind taking up this one?
May be time you did a blog about the IOM medical station here.
KCC is just an administrative entity with no oversight over the US Consulate network. Consulates are part of the US Department of State. If you have a bone with local IOM services in Kenya, why not focus your Social Organizer (what does this seem to remind me of?) Energy on that entity if this is where the problem originates from? Just wondering. Best!

I have written to KCC. I know it won't help my case but hopefully there is someone there who regards the law and maybe it will help DV2016. Thank you all for your prayers.

I did not say too much before because you seemed to have accepted the fate. IF you do want to fight this for yourself. Here is what I would advise.

1. Contact the embassy in writing and inform them (not ask) that you will be attending your original appointment. You point out that you are qualified, prepared and point out that you waited over a year, your number was made current, and that KCC have scheduled the interview date. Point out that you are entitled to have your interview. Copy KCC on that correspondence. Also, copy the most senior official at the embassy you can find by name.
2. Regardless of the response from the embassy, on the given date, turn up. Be as prepared as you can be. IOM agreed to split the cases - so the medical should be available.
3. Up to you whether your husband goes or not. If there is absolutely no chance of his results being available then his interview is a waste of money - BUT maybe you want to take him for support.

FYI, I dealt with another case where the visa unit were messing around and favoring other interviewed selectees over a forum member. The embassy were delaying the issuance of the visas, whilst continuing to issue to later cases. A well worded email to the senior official at the embassy got the visas interviewed within a few hours. Often the visa unit at the embassy are very used to wielding their power and need a kick up the backside from their bosses to do things right.

This is not so much about the visas per see. Its about how she and her family have been treated. To be frank, it sets a new low in mistreatment by IOM. Note that I have not asked her to sue the embassy.To the extent that we know about this case, they are also wrong in cancelling. Here we talk of approvals, AP, and denials but Cancellation?? @Msm1mom, any input on rules guiding cancellation of interviews?
A good lawyer should easily nudge IOM out their slumber. Voices of disagreement mine being among the first ones to KCC especially through the social media must also reach the embassy.

Right now, nothing readily comes to mind regarding interview cancellation. I'm however thinking both the IOM and the embassy went by this section of 9 FAM 40:11

Section 40.11 Medical grounds of ineligibility.

"Decision on eligibility based on findings of medical doctor. A finding of a panel physician designated by the post in whose jurisdiction the examination is performed pursuant to INA 212(a)(1) shall be binding on the consular officer, except that the officer may refer a panel physician finding in an individual case to USPHS for review"

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/86935.pdf (p.6)

Since IOM is required to send the medical exam directly to the embassy, I suspect they informed the embassy the family wasn't medically cleared especially with the likelihood of the political(?) pressure brought to bear on them to split the medical reports and forward the one that was ready. With the end of the FY fast approaching and the possibility of someone waiting for an interview slot to open up, I suspect the embassy had no choice but to cancel usamommy's interview based on the erroneous report from IOM.

I did not say too much before because you seemed to have accepted the fate. IF you do want to fight this for yourself. Here is what I would advise.

1. Contact the embassy in writing and inform them (not ask) that you will be attending your original appointment. You point out that you are qualified, prepared and point out that you waited over a year, your number was made current, and that KCC have scheduled the interview date. Point out that you are entitled to have your interview. Copy KCC on that correspondence. Also, copy the most senior official at the embassy you can find by name.
2. Regardless of the response from the embassy, on the given date, turn up. Be as prepared as you can be. IOM agreed to split the cases - so the medical should be available.
3. Up to you whether your husband goes or not. If there is absolutely no chance of his results being available then his interview is a waste of money - BUT maybe you want to take him for support.

FYI, I dealt with another case where the visa unit were messing around and favoring other interviewed selectees over a forum member. The embassy were delaying the issuance of the visas, whilst continuing to issue to later cases. A well worded email to the senior official at the embassy got the visas interviewed within a few hours. Often the visa unit at the embassy are very used to wielding their power and need a kick up the backside from their bosses to do things right.
The ambassador, Mr Godec seems keen on doing a good job here.
You (usamommy) will likely get his email from a contact at MOFA.
My concern on turning out for a cancelled appointment id is that they might ask security to turn you away. Do email prior to that day as adviced above
Very good advice