• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

Hello guys it's been long. I wanted to come back here and offer inspiration to anyone who might need it. We were able to get a home to stay. In four days me and my wife had got temporary work it was all over. And I have been able to get an engineering job in onenof the largest companies in the world. The Lord has been good to us. It's all about keeping your faith working hard and believing.

Thank you so much mods. @Sm1smom, @Britsimon @SusieQQQ and the others thank you so much.

Hello guys it's been long. I wanted to come back here and offer inspiration to anyone who might need it. We were able to get a home to stay. In four days me and my wife had got temporary work it was all over. And I have been able to get an engineering job in onenof the largest companies in the world. The Lord has been good to us. It's all about keeping your faith working hard and believing.

Thank you so much mods. @Sm1smom, @Britsimon @SusieQQQ and the others thank you so much.

Happy to hear it's all working out well!

That's great. Happy to hear things are falling in place for you. Thanks for coming back to share and encourage others.

You beta start working on gettin a DL... Network alot esp with folks from church.... Wishing you all the best in this new phase... what state you in?
In Maryland, in a suburb of Washington DC metro area.

I wanted to know how schools are around here and they quite OK. It's Montgomery County-any comment about their schools guys?
The cost of living is a bit steep but services look , only that their road surfaces could be better

thanks Shorrie for the networking tip but that only gets to happen after church, very briefly as people are rushing to get on with their lives.

So far so good. I got the note to await SSN in two weeks which is key anything else. Also went to Capital One Bank and they need to types of ID's to open an account. My target today is a bank account and a Bike

In Maryland, in a suburb of Washington DC metro area.

I wanted to know how schools are around here and they quite OK. It's Montgomery County-any comment about their schools guys?
The cost of living is a bit steep but services look , only that their road surfaces could be better

thanks Shorrie for the networking tip but that only gets to happen after church, very briefly as people are rushing to get on with their lives.

So far so good. I got the note to await SSN in two weeks which is key anything else. Also went to Capital One Bank and they need to types of ID's to open an account. My target today is a bank account and a Bike

Did you look here about schools? Good place to start -
http://www.greatschools.org/maryland/rockville/montgomery-county-public-schools/

RegionAll DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 44,250 Except:
Egypt: 28,700
ASIA 7,650 Except:
Nepal: 7,150
EUROPE 39,750
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 8
OCEANIA 1,325
SOUTH AMERICA,
and the CARIBBEAN 1,350

I am happy.
It shall be well.

The struggle of sitting duck continues.
At least now I can call a cab but Cycling is not very popular here,the place is simply a mesh of high speed highways.
Two giant hurdles clouding the horizon: a DL and a house contract near the good schools. I was lucky enough to attend my host's son's colouful graduation - kid now going to middle school
Could do with a smile from Lady luck, may it come.IMG_20150610_100136.jpg

Last edited:
usamommy looks like you will go current in September. I hope i do too. With September though we have to make sure all our docs e.t.c are in order as there is no chance of going into AP!

Thank God we're not in Ghana. Those guys have it rough man! Yes likely we go current next month for September. I'll make sure I have all my documents and then some.

It's always fun to hang around this fantastic e-corner.

Lazing around the lounges of JKIA, hoping to be in Washington in the next 24 hrs.

Thanks super team- the tireless trio of two Mom, B.Simon and Susieqqq for ,being the auto pilot since day one, thanks one and all.

Will see what life keeps throwing at me and keep you posted.

To the guys still in various stages of the DV marathon all the best. May happen
Welcome to the US...USKAN...I am in Virginia although I work in DC