• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Egyptians meet here

Can you please explain how the KCC select the second selection? will it be for qualified principle applicants based on thier education or work experience first then they will select randomly Or no random at all? how many visas are going to be issued for principle applicants in Egypt ? I know that only 7% per each country can be issued equal to 3,500 per country , and what about the holes what does it mean ?the total chargability this year for Egypt is 4,988, does it mean that 1,488 will not be selected and the KCC will stop call the higher numbers if they completed the percentage per country? And if an applicant number become current and he is qualified by both education &work experience and finished the DV 260 early and with no change on status or any, will it guarantee a visa for this applicant?

Can you please explain how the KCC select the second selection? will it be for qualified principle applicants based on thier education or work experience first then they will select randomly Or no random at all? how many visas are going to be issued for principle applicants in Egypt ? I know that only 7% per each country can be issued equal to 3,500 per country , and what about the holes what does it mean ?the total chargability this year for Egypt is 4,988, does it mean that 1,488 will not be selected and the KCC will stop call the higher numbers if they completed the percentage per country? And if an applicant number become current and he is qualified by both education &work experience and finished the DV 260 early and with no change on status or any, will it guarantee a visa for this applicant?

OK - lots of confusion in that post...

First of all, the 4988 are selectees and family members combined. The 7% limit is not a quota for any country, it is a limit, meaning no single country can have more than 7% of the visas (including family). The cases are not selected for the 2NL on any other basis that the case number order. As cases come forward they are processed and not all will be issued visas:-
  • Some people will not submit their DS260
  • Some people will submit the DS260 but not show up for their interview.
  • Some people will show up for interview and be put on AAP (sometimes for extra background checks or they are given time to produce a document they failed to produce at the interview).
  • Some people will show up for the interview and be refused (by not meeting requirements for education etc).
  • And finally most people will show up for the interview and the visas will be issued. If the selectee has a wife and two kids, the 3500 will be reduced by 4 slots. ONce all the slots are gone, no one else chargeable to Egypt will get a visa.

To avoid the last visa running out KCC could have a cutoff number in place as they did in DV2014. Roughly speaking I expect there to be a final cutoff in place around AF27XXX. So - if your case number is below that you stand a good chance. If your number is above 26500/27000 you will have to wait and see.

Thanks for the clarification, but they may need to select randomly for people who are qualified and submited thier DS early? my CN is 15xxx from Egypt, submitted the DS 260 in May and qualified by education and work experience, is it enough for a visa issuance? I'm Expecting the interview in March or April is it correct?

Thanks for the clarification, but they may need to select randomly for people who are qualified and submited thier DS early? my CN is 15xxx from Egypt, submitted the DS 260 in May and qualified by education and work experience, is it enough for a visa issuance? I'm Expecting the interview in March or April is it correct?

I just explained there is no random selection within the selectees!

You only need to meet the education OR work experience - you don't have to prove both (easiest is proving education).

Yes your interview expectation is about right.

So if my number be current in September do you advice to change from AOS TO CP? Or its too late to do? I am 25,XXX from Egypt. The schedule in the usa embassy Cairo showed the c n is very close to each other which means a huge numbers.

Last edited:
I look at the embassy schedule and it seems there is around 135 case number last month which is x 3 at least family members so that will equal = 810 visas x 6
Or if the big number of cases are singles that will be OK if so can we know the case numbers how many singles or married.

I look at the embassy schedule and it seems there is around 135 case number last month which is x 3 at least family members so that will equal = 810 visas x 6
Or if the big number of cases are singles that will be OK if so can we know the case numbers how many singles or married.

I don't understand? You say 135 x 3 = 810 x 6????

135 case number will make the interview at usa embassy cairo egypt for February and at least the main applicant with his are 3 his or her spouse and a child which are 3 visas will be issued so the number will be 810 visas for that month not 135 right? For 6 months from October to March (6 months). Sorry for my bad english .
http://egypt.usembassy.gov/mobile/consular/iv8.html

I think the number as a 7% shouldn't be more than 3500 visas but according to the interviews cn it's a big numbers.

Last edited:
135 case number will make the interview at usa embassy cairo egypt for February and at least the main applicant with his are 3 his or her spouse and a child which are 3 visas will be issued so the number will be 810 visas for that month not 135 right? For 6 months from October to March (6 months). Sorry for my bad english .

I think the number as a 7% shouldn't be more than 3500 visas but according to the interviews cn it's a big numbers.

Your assumptions are a little off about the numbers, but you are correct that aos toward the end of the year is risky.
However with ais you can file early so you might be ok.

Your assumptions are a little off about the numbers, but you are correct that aos toward the end of the year is risky.
However with ais you can file early so you might be ok.

So if my number be current in September do you advice to change from AOS TO CP? Or its too late to do? I am 25,XXX from Egypt. The schedule in the usa embassy Cairo showed the c n is very close to each other which means a huge numbers.

Sorry, what did u mean byAOS to CP?

I'm sorry, I still don't understand. If there are 135 case numbers averaging 3 visas per case, that is 405 visas. So the 810 is for two months not one?

Susie, I'm saying the case number is numbered done visa and if my wife and I and two children that will consider one visa or 4 visas from the 3500 for the country as 7%

I was saying the embassy in egypt make appointment for 133 CNs , is that should be times one or it depends the family members ? We are 4 persons is it numbered one visa from the total or 4 visas? Thanks

Sorry, what did u mean byAOS to CP?
AOS means adjust of states for those who live inside the usa and make interview there.
Cp means consular process, for those who will make interview in their home countries like usa embassy in egypt.