• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Egyptians meet here

Hi .. may I ask you which documents can be translated in the ministry of justic ? And how long it takes ? Thank u in advance
Thank you Bass-monore37 for your clear reply. I have already translated all my civil doc in the ministry of Justice in LAZOGHLY then notarized by ministry of foreign affairs any way. Hv u heard about any interviews have done in Cairo till now? Seems going very slowly this year because of the backlog they are facing, hoping they will adjust and add good numbers of current selectees in the coming months.

Ma
Hi .. may I ask you which documents can be translated in the ministry of justic ? And how long it takes ? Thank u in advance

Marriage certificates, birth certificates for parents & kids as well, no criminal records also,and high school certificate, maybe i translate more to be in the safe side.

Orlando, Florida. Everything is clean and safe, driving is an absolute joy, people are friendly (except in certain areas that you should avoid), and dealing with government offices to get any documentation or even registering your car will leave you laughing hysterically because of how easy and quick it is! Nothing like the struggling and fighting and bribe payments that we have to do all the time in Egypt :D
Thanks for insight information and hoping for the best in your life, life is really getting hard in Egypt to live a decent life with dignity, of course living in USA is not a piece of cake but at least you have your dignity reserved.

hello Egyptians DV 2015 - any news from people who already went current and passed interviews ? can you share with us some information ?

Hi, if you please tell why the cut off number announced 2 months in advance , so if I am expecting that my CN will be considered in next March should the interview be in March or later on in April or May? Should they start selecting 2 months before or just when they will be current ?

Hi, if you please tell why the cut off number announced 2 months in advance , so if I am expecting that my CN will be considered in next March should the interview be in March or later on in April or May? Should they start selecting 2 months before or just when they will be current ?
Sorry didn't get what you mean exactly? they announce the bulletin before the actual month with 2 months earlier so you could prepare your docs and get the medical examination so for march you need to wait until January to know if you got current or not.

• Thanks Sheri1983 for your reply, I mean if I am expecting that my CN will be considered by next March so my interview can't be known before March and my interview may be in April or May and not in March in itself (same month of selection) just to prepare documents in January and receive the second selection on March but for the interview 1 month to a month and half from selection date(March)

But I can't make the medical examination before getting the interview date, so you mean in January we need to prepare for translated docs but not the medical and I think we can't make the police docs as well as it will expire after a month

In general you can prepare every document prior to 2NL, except police and medical certificates which need 2NL. Once you receive 2NL, you will have around six weeks to go for interview date. Note that you will know if your case number becomes one to two weeks before you receive 2NL

Last edited:
Thanks ,but the 2NL will be only when my CN is on current status and the interview date cant be at the same month of the selection.
and do you know the minimum required dollars per adult person to proof the financial ability to live in the USA with no support from the government?

Last edited:
Thanks ,but the 2NL will be only when my CN is on current status and the interview date cant be at the same month of the selection.
and do you know the minimum required dollars per adult person to proof the financial ability to live in the USA with no support from the government?

The minimum amount per person for a DV selectee should be tied to the US Poverty Line. In 2014 this has been set to $11,670 for the first person, plus $4,060 for any additional person. If you can prove any amount over this you should be fine.

Sorry ,what did you mean by you will know if your case number becomes one to two weeks before you receive 2NL?
And regarding the minmum amount to prove the financial ability requirments ,should it be ok if owned by the spouse (not the primary applicant)?

Last edited:
Regarding the English birth certificate should it be fine to translate it at any approved translator office or it needs to be an English one from Health Ministry?

Sorry ,what did you mean by you will know if your case number becomes one to two weeks before you receive 2NL?
And regarding the minmum amount to prove the financial ability requirments ,should it be ok if owned by the spouse (not the primary applicant)?
Let me try to explain through an example.
'December' visa bulletin was released on 7th November. It has the cut off numbers for January interview (means, case numbers which are below the cut of number are said to be current for January). Then 2NL was released on 24th of November for those who are going to be interviewed on January. I think it is clear now.
About the financial proof, yes you can show both yours and spouse's bank statement and assets.

Regarding the English birth certificate should it be fine to translate it at any approved translator office or it needs to be an English one from Health Ministry?

I'm not sure about specific cases of Egypt.
But, in general, if you can submit English version of documents (if it is from recognized office to issue), it is good to present English version. If not, you can present translated documents.
The following link may help you for documents preparation.
www.travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/diversity-visa/if-you-are-selected/prepare-supporting-documents.html