• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AP Related Cases

knowing much more than us in some subjects doesn't give you the right to speak like that! "absolute rubbish" thank you for your kindness!!

I'm sorry you were offended - but I do have the right to speak as I choose. For the record, your tone seemed to suggest indignation that the US embassy would have the audacity to do checks, and seemed to pay little attention to common sense regarding the role of the host countries or the embassy and their responsibilities. So unfortunately I found little that made any sense in your post and concluded the whole thing was rubbish - absolutely.

You're welcome for the information and my kindness.

I'm sorry you were offended - but I do have the right to speak as I choose. For the record, your tone seemed to suggest indignation that the US embassy would have the audacity to do checks, and seemed to pay little attention to common sense regarding the role of the host countries or the embassy and their responsibilities. So unfortunately I found little that made any sense in your post and concluded the whole thing was rubbish - absolutely.

You're welcome for the information and my kindness.
I'm not an expert AS YOU ARE! i just expressed my opinion. What provoked me was your words--that you just said again--there was no sense to use such words if you didn't like what i wrote. anyway, no hard feelings!

Well...
First of all, thank you @Britsimon for your deep answer. You were blunt but gentle ;)
You moderators, should always have on your mind two things - first: we are here cause we need a concrete advice and second: we need a SUPPORT not judgement. So being nice and supportive would just help us go through this process easier and less stressful... I don't want you to 'color' my situation and say something you don't mean just to make me feel better but I think that being direct, honest and polite at the same time is possible.

@Nahar333 - I was also surprised as you are, cause I have never heard something like this happened to DV winners, having on mind that users of forums in my region never mentioned case like that (and what we all do - trust posts we read on forums, and never consider something out of that). But, good to know from now on that something like this can happen.

@Sm1smom - I will try to explain the situation better. I don't know where are you from and I don't expect you to know the situation in my country - but being a student and working is something impossible here. Actually, having a job for which you were educated with a normal salary is also rare. So, very common to see here is that people being 20-30 years old live with their parents and receive a pocket money. If you want to work you cannot study. And if you choose to work you can be a waiter or security and being paid miserable. So the only thing you can do is to study and hope that you will find the job after finishing your studies. But luckily, my parents have good financial background and they forced me to study. So I have chosen a difficult one and can be paid very good in USA by working it. But also, we both like to work and have been in States for 5 months as J1 where we actually LIVED TOGETHER (which, of course, they know). We already have our friends there and a place in which we lived so that's why we didn't want to start something here but to continue there. So, I hope that becoming a public charge is not gonna happen to us :)

In the end, you asked about photos. Yes, there were a lot of them... From our vacation, from municipal wedding, from States... Our family dinners, parties with friends etc. And, also, when they surprised us with visit my husband showed photos that were made few days ago where are all our closest family members were. The officer looked satisfied :)

Anyway, hope that everything will be okay in the end and that our visa will be approved...
Thank you all, one more time!

Well...
First of all, thank you @Britsimon for your deep answer. You were blunt but gentle ;)
You moderators, should always have on your mind two things - first: we are here cause we need a concrete advice and second: we need a SUPPORT not judgement. So being nice and supportive would just help us go through this process easier and less stressful... I don't want you to 'color' my situation and say something you don't mean just to make me feel better but I think that being direct, honest and polite at the same time is possible.

@Nahar333 - I was also surprised as you are, cause I have never heard something like this happened to DV winners, having on mind that users of forums in my region never mentioned case like that (and what we all do - trust posts we read on forums, and never consider something out of that). But, good to know from now on that something like this can happen.

@Sm1smom - I will try to explain the situation better. I don't know where are you from and I don't expect you to know the situation in my country - but being a student and working is something impossible here. Actually, having a job for which you were educated with a normal salary is also rare. So, very common to see here is that people being 20-30 years old live with their parents and receive a pocket money. If you want to work you cannot study. And if you choose to work you can be a waiter or security and being paid miserable. So the only thing you can do is to study and hope that you will find the job after finishing your studies. But luckily, my parents have good financial background and they forced me to study. So I have chosen a difficult one and can be paid very good in USA by working it. But also, we both like to work and have been in States for 5 months as J1 where we actually LIVED TOGETHER (which, of course, they know). We already have our friends there and a place in which we lived so that's why we didn't want to start something here but to continue there. So, I hope that becoming a public charge is not gonna happen to us :)

In the end, you asked about photos. Yes, there were a lot of them... From our vacation, from municipal wedding, from States... Our family dinners, parties with friends etc. And, also, when they surprised us with visit my husband showed photos that were made few days ago where are all our closest family members were. The officer looked satisfied :)

Anyway, hope that everything will be okay in the end and that our visa will be approved...

I hope you get approved, it sounds good from what you have said.
Also the fact that they sent someone to check means they did not reject the marriage as a sham immediately - which they have done for others.

But maybe it's good for people to know that they can be thorough on the checks, actually it has been posted before on the forums about them doing house checks, talking to neighbors and so on.

It has also been posted before that there are a number of embassies that cooperate well with local authorities and have had people arrested for attempted fraud on their visa applications. It is good for people to be aware of this.

And quite frankly none of this should be really surprising, given the security threats the US faces, that it takes background checks for immigrant visas seriously...

My guess is that one of the reasons they came to verify your living arrangement despite having informed them you weren't living together was because you guys had told them at the time of your interview that you probably would start living together in January, (even though you both knew that wasn't going to happen). You're right I don't know where you're from or how things operate there, but I guess the CO has a decent understanding and expects married couples to be living together, regardless of how tough the economy may be. I'm thinking he/she would have expected a genuinely married couple to be living with one of the parents (just like you guys now did following the visit from the embassy) - it was a big mistake on you guys' part prior to the interview.

Regardless though, it looks like all hope may not be completely lost at the moment since you guys had evidence of an existing relationship prior to the selection, and you took and presented those at the time of your interview. Did the CO ask any member of your family any question with regards to your marriage when the home visit was made? Same thing with your husband? Was he living alone or with other family members and where they questioned? The fact that the petition wasn't out-rightly denied/rejected at the end of the interview is encouraging. Cases of suspected fraudulent/sham marriages are usually denied on the spot, so I think their coming out to check the living arrangement was to give you both the benefit of the doubt which I think is encouraging on it's own.

Let's be optimistic in general :) hopefully, you will get approved! fingers crossed for you.

Thank you, guys... This sounds more encouraging :)
You are right, they checked us cause we said that we will live together, but my husband told translator (there were our officer and translator when visiting us) that we plan to go very soon so that's why we don't live together, and she said - well, that makes sense..
There were mother of my husband and she said everything positive and how much she likes me and that she is not surprised.. And how happy she is knowing that he won't be alone there. But at my place I was alone, all of my members were at work.

So, seriously now, do you think that prolonging the case instead of denying it immediately means that they won't reject it? Or this is a normal procedure which means that they keep you on standby and then after few weeks reject you? They could have done it on the interview day but also the day after visiting us... That's why I feel so confused..

Thank you, guys... This sounds more encouraging :)
You are right, they checked us cause we said that we will live together, but my husband told translator (there were our officer and translator when visiting us) that we plan to go very soon so that's why we don't live together, and she said - well, that makes sense..
There were mother of my husband and she said everything positive and how much she likes me and that she is not surprised.. And how happy she is knowing that he won't be alone there. But at my place I was alone, all of my members were at work.

So, seriously now, do you think that prolonging the case instead of denying it immediately means that they won't reject it? Or this is a normal procedure which means that they keep you on standby and then after few weeks reject you? They could have done it on the interview day but also the day after visiting us... That's why I feel so confused..

There isn't really a "standfad" procedure or timeline - it will take as long as they decide it will take. All you can do is wait the outcome.

Hello guys,
I just want to share my story with you... My boyfriend has been selected last year and had his interview appointed in December. We were in a relationship for one year till that and didn't want to separate, that's why we got married before his interview (which is, as I heard, very common to happen to DV lottery winners cause being selected is not something that you can plan). As you guess, we attended the interview together and everything was going well, we were asked common questions about our relationship.. But we told that we don't live together which is truth and we didn't want to lie. The officer asked if we plan so and we answered that we will probably live together after New Year (but we've also known that this is not probably possible cause we had a plan to go to States a month or two after the interview). He also asked for a wedding and we told that we also plan to make it in spring or in autumn 2015. He was very polite all the time and in the end we were told that everything seems fine, it's just that my husband has to send a new birth certificate to the embassy. We got a white paper named as 221(g) and beside was written Birth.Cert. We sent it the same day.
A week after nothing happened and than one day my husband called me and told that the officer WAS AT his HOME! We were shocked, cause we haven't any idea that something like this can happen cause we were honest all the time and didn't expect that we will be checked. Also, I have never hear that living together is something that is needed... Like what?! Does it mean that their policy is: if a couple live together - they are truly married, if don't - they are not?! DV lottery winners can be students or young people in their 20s so how do they expect us to live together if we don't have our own money yet?! I am really disappointed in all this procedure because I thought that being honest is something they appreciate, but obviously you should lie and say things they want to hear... After couple minutes they also visited me and asked the same questions related about living together and our future plans.
It's been a second week now and nothing happened. In a meanwhile, my husband moved into my apartment where I live with my parents and siblings.

So, If somebody can tell me if something similar happened to you or somebody you know. And what should we do: contact embassy and inform about our case and mention that we live together now or just wait on their mail... We don't want to force them, but also we are very worried and don't know what is the best to do.
I'm really sorry you had to go through this. I really hope things work in your favor. May I ask which embassy you had your interview at?

Although I have shared my AP in another thread and had comments from Sussie and others, I will do it here too, cos this is an AP thread.

I had my interview in 15th of Jan in Yerevan, Armenia. The CO was nice and calm, he checked everything and asked questions and it was all smooth. He asked for one more copy of our marriage certificate, and another copy of my hub's military booklet, as it had a missing page in it and says "We will be able complete you case as soon as we get the missing docs." We have dropped the missing docs and passports the same day. The status at ceac showed AP on the 15th, and it got updated as AP again on the 16th. It's the 3rd week I am still waiting................. :oops:............................................................ and it seems like centuries.

Although I have shared my AP in another thread and had comments from Sussie and others, I will do it here too, cos this is an AP thread.

I had my interview in 15th of Jan in Yerevan, Armenia. The CO was nice and calm, he checked everything and asked questions and it was all smooth. He asked for one more copy of our marriage certificate, and another copy of my hub's military booklet, as it had a missing page in it and says "We will be able complete you case as soon as we get the missing docs." We have dropped the missing docs and passports the same day. The status at ceac showed AP on the 15th, and it got updated as AP again on the 16th. It's the 3rd week I am still waiting................. :oops:............................................................ and it seems like centuries.
Try to be patient. There is nothing we can do about it, this can't be waived or expedited, just waiting!! they say each case is different but according to my own observation, the average time could take 2-3 months and sometimes even more based on many factors. However, they mention the waiting as"within 60 days for the most of the cases." Some embassies are publishing the cases that finished AP regularly on their websites. If you compare the numbers, you would estimate the average time. Good luck to all of us!