• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AP Related Cases

Hi All,
My friend is currently in AP. How can he check the status? From ceac he types his case number and chooses immigrant visa, but it says that the case number is invalid, but he is sure that the case number is correct. Maybe there is another possibility to check his visa status?
Use the case number without zeroes in the middle.

Hi All,
My friend is currently in AP. How can he check the status? From ceac he types his case number and chooses immigrant visa, but it says that the case number is invalid, but he is sure that the case number is correct. Maybe there is another possibility to check his visa status?

He needs to take out the leading zeros.

So - if his number is 2015AF00012345 he would enter 2015AF12345

Hi guys i am also in AP. I wanted to know how long does it take usually. Its already been three months and still no response. I am too frustrated. How long do i need to wait?

In Iran last night we had big update in ceac site :)
most cases from ABU embassy with interview in March April May.

I took an extract in the evening of July 22 (so July 23 in Asia) - that showed 544 issued in ABD embassy. Because of your statement I extracted again just now, and the extract shows the same issued number exactly. So - by big update - I assume you don't mean AP to issued - more like AP to AP update - is that right?

Or perhaps the "last night" actually meant just before my July 22 extract. That would make more sense because the ABD issued number was 487 on July 10.

I took an extract in the evening of July 22 (so July 23 in Asia) - that showed 544 issued in ABD embassy. Because of your statement I extracted again just now, and the extract shows the same issued number exactly. So - by big update - I assume you don't mean AP to issued - more like AP to AP update - is that right?

Or perhaps the "last night" actually meant just before my July 22 extract. That would make more sense because the ABD issued number was 487 on July 10.

Yes,most update received on 24 July ,some cases in ANK & YRV also updated,We learned from june , some cace get update on 25 june and then clear on 2July.
by the way big update is not a huge case! about 50 cases ! but thanks god .
Do you have any prediction on Iranian AP related case?
Some case have not updated from Nov or Dec ! these case are frizzed ?

Can you publish just the latest ceac table for visa issue on your website until 23 July?

Last edited:
Yes,most update received on 24 July ,some cases in ANK & YRV also updated,We learned from june , some cace get update on 25 june and then clear on 2July.
by the way big update is not a huge case! about 50 case ! but thanks god .
Do you have any prediction on Iranian AP related case?
Some case have not updated from Nov or Dec ! these case are frizzed ?

I think you know as much or more than I do about the Iranian AP cases!

If you get placed on AP but have to head over to the U.S. Immediately for emergency family reasons can you go over if one has a valid tourist visa (B1/2) and a return ticket home. Then can finish the process of The DV upon arrival?

If you get placed on AP but have to head over to the U.S. Immediately for emergency family reasons can you go over if one has a valid tourist visa (B1/2) and a return ticket home. Then can finish the process of The DV upon arrival?
I don't see a reason why this should not be a workable option for effectively dealing with a family emergency situation. The risk of being rejected by US Immigration at entry should be small, in my opinion.

If a person is on AP due to a pending background check clearance, I would expect the person to be flagged and for their information to immediately show up if they try to enter the U.S. during that process, which may sound some sort of alarm bell for the admitting CBP officer and ultimately lead to an admission denial.

Of course no one here can outrightly tell you if you will be denied entry or not. Ultimately, it's the CBP officer that can make that call.

So , we had call from ABU embassy to some cases that have update on 24 June to get visa directly!
the sound like last year for Iranian that embassies call for issuing the latest visa!
It's possible to stop visa issue 2 months before 30 September? any body know that still exist about minimum 2K visa for Asia ! :(

So , we had call from ABU embassy to some cases that have update on 24 June to get visa directly!
the sound like last year for Iranian that embassies call for issuing the latest visa!
It's possible to stop visa issue 2 months before 30 September? any body know that still exist about minimum 2K visa for Asia ! :(
I personally do not think so, as low September ROA CN progression presumably benefitted AS AP clearance process. However, please keep in mind that "minimum 2K visa for Asia" (or whatever the regional objective is "meant to be") is not an official number at all.

Been on AP since mid May, Have contacted embassy today and they have mentioned:
We have no control over this legally mandated process and we have no way to predict how much longer it will take before the Administrative Processing is complete.

Good knows when it gets released! :confused::(

Been on AP since mid May, Have contacted embassy today and they have mentioned:
We have no control over this legally mandated process and we have no way to predict how much longer it will take before the Administrative Processing is complete.

Good knows when it gets released! :confused::(

Dont worry , its not too late for you :)

It see that embassies in ANK YRV ABU make group update on ceac file
last one was in 6 aug.
Hope to clear soon for Iranian AP :)
@Britsimon ,Can you provide the ceac file in each 10 days ? ;) just for asia