• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

While I will always encourage people to follow the laid down rules when it comes to immigration matters regardless, in this case, I don't think not filling the form in CAPS will create an issue. I've never heard of anyone that got denied as a result of something like this. You should be okay as long as the information on the form is legible.

Thanks Mom!

Not quite sure I understand the first part of your question - the person who helped you where? How did this person access your I-765 and I-485 forms that they were able to scan? Weren't these forms already received at the Chicago Lockbox? You already did a bio in January and got another letter for a new bio?

Yes if AOS is denied, the EAD that comes with it becomes void. Again the best way to apply for OPT is always before initiating the AOS process, I do understand it wasn't possible to do so in your case since your CN became current long before your expected graduation date. An OPT approval at this stage is dicey. Not sure why you feel your AOS petition may not be approved, not unless there's something personal pertaining to your case which you would rather not share. If it's a straight forward clean case, no reason that I know of for it to not be approved.

Hi mom!

Thanks for your reply!

I meant that on the first biometrics letter there were two barcodes and they each stood for the two applications I filed, and I saw the man scan both of these barcodes into the computer before the actual fingerprinting. However, the new biometrics letter I received on Friday also contains the same two barcodes but just a different date and time for the biometrics. Nevertheless, I will definitely be dropping by the ASC to go through with it as I don't think there is anything to lose by doing so.

The only problem I am worried about my AOS is that I've heard about the F-1 immigration intent thing but I've seen on the timeline that many others on the F-1 have successfully gone through with the AOS. In addition, since I will be graduating in May my F-1 will expire at the end of May. I was wondering if the 60 day grace period at the end of the F-1 still counts as maintaining F-1 status just in case my AOS has not been cleared yet?

Hi mom!

Thanks for your reply!

I meant that on the first biometrics letter there were two barcodes and they each stood for the two applications I filed, and I saw the man scan both of these barcodes into the computer before the actual fingerprinting. However, the new biometrics letter I received on Friday also contains the same two barcodes but just a different date and time for the biometrics. Nevertheless, I will definitely be dropping by the ASC to go through with it as I don't think there is anything to lose by doing so.

The only problem I am worried about my AOS is that I've heard about the F-1 immigration intent thing but I've seen on the timeline that many others on the F-1 have successfully gone through with the AOS. In addition, since I will be graduating in May my F-1 will expire at the end of May. I was wondering if the 60 day grace period at the end of the F-1 still counts as maintaining F-1 status just in case my AOS has not been cleared yet?

Oh, now I get it. It's possible the reason for the new biometric notice has to do with inability to read the first set of prints they took took before, they've asked people now and then to redo the biometric because of that, so it's important you redo the biometric as requested.

Yep, the grace period should still be applicable if for some wacky reason your AOS petition gets denied (assuming you've not used a DV based EAD card to take up an offer of employment in the interim or travelled out of the US and used the AP card to return while your petition is pending).

Hi again,

Sorry to keep replying here, but this just occurred to me yesterday.

Is it OK if I did not list all of my previous addresses in my DS-260? I was an intern for three summers while I was still in undergrad, and it completely slipped my mind when I was filling the form... Moreover, I do not actually still know the addresses, so they'll most likely be approximate. Do you think they want them? They were about 2 months for 3 summers, after which I returned to my previous address.

Great response, except for the part regarding not being able to travel without an AP card once the I-485 is filed. Since @Tukki is on a H4 visa, she and her husband (whom I assume is on H1B) do not need an approved AP card if they have course to travel out of the US during the process. They are on a dual intent visa, so they're free to travel, if they so desire, without the fear of their petition being considered abandoned. The AP card is for those on other types of visa outside of the H1B/H4 and L visa category.
Oh great to know, I stand corrected. That's why we are lucky to have you Mom! Thanks

Hi Mom,
I am on a H4 status and my husband is on a H1B status.
I have couple of questions regarding the I-485 filing:-
1. If I had worked in Nepal for 8 months about a year ago, do I need to attach my pay stubs with the AOS package?
2. Just to be sure, for the copy of passport- the page with the photo, the visa page has to be attached?
3. In the spread sheet in tab AOS package under forms point "g" I-797 Notice of Action-Indicating current Visa status: What do I and my husband have to submit?
4. My husband does not know his fathers dob and is not living. How do I mention that in the G-325 form?
Thanks in advance :)

Hi again,

Sorry to keep replying here, but this just occurred to me yesterday.

Is it OK if I did not list all of my previous addresses in my DS-260? I was an intern for three summers while I was still in undergrad, and it completely slipped my mind when I was filling the form... Moreover, I do not actually still know the addresses, so they'll most likely be approximate. Do you think they want them? They were about 2 months for 3 summers, after which I returned to my previous address.

Shouldn't be a problem. You will have the opportunity of listing them on your G-325 when it's time to file your AOS.

Hi Mom,
I am on a H4 status and my husband is on a H1B status.
I have couple of questions regarding the I-485 filing:-
1. If I had worked in Nepal for 8 months about a year ago, do I need to attach my pay stubs with the AOS package?
2. Just to be sure, for the copy of passport- the page with the photo, the visa page has to be attached?
3. In the spread sheet in tab AOS package under forms point "g" I-797 Notice of Action-Indicating current Visa status: What do I and my husband have to submit?
4. My husband does not know his fathers dob and is not living. How do I mention that in the G-325 form?
Thanks in advance :)

1. No
2. Yes
3. If you guys haven't sort an immigration benefit such as changed status or extended current status from within the US in the past, you wouldn't have an I-797. So does not apply to you.
4. Under DOB, put unknown; and under 'Place and Country of Residence' put "Deceased"

Hello,
I have a few questions now that I am preparing the AOS package.
My wife and I both do AOS. She is the lottery winner but she does not work.
1. I don’t have to file an affidavit of support for her, right ?
2. In that case do I simply include my W2, employment letter, tax return, pay slips and bank accounts as a proof of financial support ? And if so should I paper clip these documents with her own application or with mine ?
3. Just to be sure, we we make the medical exam this month ? (AF46XXX)
4. Can I make two-sided copies (especially for bank statements or for the USCIS memo) or is it better to do one-sided copy all the time.
5 .Should I only make black and white copies of all documents including passports ?

Thank you so much for your help.

Hello,
2. In that case do I simply include my W2, employment letter, tax return, pay slips and bank accounts as a proof of financial support ? And if so should I paper clip these documents with her own application or with mine ?
4. Can I make two-sided copies (especially for bank statements or for the USCIS memo) or is it better to do one-sided copy all the time.
5 .Should I only make black and white copies of all documents including passports ?

1. No affidavit required if your income meets the required poverty income guide level applicable to both of you.
2. Yes. Include them with your package
3. Yes
4. It really doesn't matter, as long as the copy is clear and legible
5. Same as 4 above

Hello,

Thanks Mom! :0)

Hello, I have a question. I am moving out state for a new job next month, and I noted Mom's caution about changing your address with the USCIS. What would you advise be in terms of ensuring that the change of address has been made? Infopass appointment? Also, do the online alerts that we sign up for alert you when an interview letter has been sent? I'm already starting to worry about my case since it's been 5 months since I did fingerprints and I am yet to receive the IL (an infopass to follow up a couple of weeks ago was not very helpful). Thanks!

Hello, I have a question. I am moving out state for a new job next month, and I noted Mom's caution about changing your address with the USCIS. What would you advise be in terms of ensuring that the change of address has been made? Infopass appointment? Also, do the online alerts that we sign up for alert you when an interview letter has been sent? I'm already starting to worry about my case since it's been 5 months since I did fingerprints and I am yet to receive the IL (an infopass to follow up a couple of weeks ago was not very helpful). Thanks!

You go online and fill in a form. Check the box that asks if you want an email confirmation.

https://egov.uscis.gov/coa/displayCOAForm.do

Unfortunately, an INFOPASS cannot make a change of address effective. Yes, USCIS requires all none USC to update their address within 10 days of moving to a new place. However, it takes some time for the change of address to be noted by USCIS, DV based AOS applicants who did so after filing their AOS package have reported about the mail still being sent to the old address. This is why I encourage people to have stick with their old address or have some form of personal arrangement in place if they're moving to a new place. Mail from USCIS is still likely to go to the old address.

In the past, once something is mailed out, the online alert would send text/email, depending on the option chosen - I'm not quite sure how reliable it still is. Regardless of the outcome of the last INFOPASS, I think you need to initiate another one.

Hello, My CN is AS000057** Is it the right time to the medicals? TIA

Medical is valid for 6 months effective Mar. 1st, 2015. You can either go ahead and do it now, or wait a couple of days for the next VB to come out and decide whether to go ahead and do it or not - your call.

Mom,

I have my interview scheduled for March 20th. I have my College Transcripts for Undergraduate and Graduate School, but I don't have my High School transcript. Is that going to be required for the interview?