• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Had my interview today. It went well, she only asked me questions that are in my I-465 and asked to see my education diplomas, I-20s, employment letter, passport, OPT. The interview was smooth and fast, I think we were done in 15 minutes. The officer told me that everything is OK and that she will approve my application but she cannot make a decision yet, because a visa number has not been issued for me. Apparently, KCC or the State department has not sent my initial application to UCSIS (i.e., the one you pay 300$ for and you send to KCC). She said that there will be no other interviews and that we have to wait for the visa number, before she makes a decision on my case. Is this how it usually works? Should I be calling KCC and ask why there is no visa number for me yet? I am a bit worried because my OPT expires in Feb. 2015

Any thoughts or suggestions are more than welcome?
We did our interview last week. It went smooth and took only 10 minutes for both of us. After the oath, the officer went through I-485 and confirmed all of the information. Then she said that we are okay on the education and income side. And finally, she said she will approve us after she receives our file from KCC. I asked KCC and they told me that they have requested our files immediately after the interview date but KCC have not send it to the field office yet. I asked for an estimation, the representative said she cannot tell me any exact time.

THe FO is supposed to request your file from KCC - typically that happens before the interview. In the past KCC seemed very good in sending that file, but something about the DS260 implementation seems to be causing issues. Some selectees have been told that these "issues" have been resolved - but still people are waiting for what used to be a simple process. I suggest you call KCC and ask them if they have sent the file, or even if the FO have requested it.

IF they have sent it then they could be talking about the final step in the process which is where the CO is supposed to check that a visa exists for you and "checks out" a number for you from a system called IVAMS-web. Some COs don't know how to do that step so they give you waffle about needing to "run some checks blah blah" and the visa then gets approved once they work out what they are supposed to do. So - call KCC first and if they have done their job you can either wait patiently or book an INFOPASS for a couple of weeks time (giving them time to sort themselves out).

THe FO is supposed to request your file from KCC - typically that happens before the interview. In the past KCC seemed very good in sending that file, but something about the DS260 implementation seems to be causing issues. Some selectees have been told that these "issues" have been resolved - but still people are waiting for what used to be a simple process. I suggest you call KCC and ask them if they have sent the file, or even if the FO have requested it.

IF they have sent it then they could be talking about the final step in the process which is where the CO is supposed to check that a visa exists for you and "checks out" a number for you from a system called IVAMS-web. Some COs don't know how to do that step so they give you waffle about needing to "run some checks blah blah" and the visa then gets approved once they work out what they are supposed to do. So - call KCC first and if they have done their job you can either wait patiently or book an INFOPASS for a couple of weeks time (giving them time to sort themselves out).
I called them yesterday, KCC representative said that the FO has requested my file but KCC has not sent it yet! I asked when, and I got no specific answer. The representative said that there are a large number of files to be processes and she cannot give me any estimations.

Hi guys,

Today both my husband and I received our EAD cards, but unfortunately the date of birth on my husband's card is incorrect. We checked our I-765 forms and figured out that we have entered the year incorrect only on that form of my husband. :( But it is luckily correct on I-485. :)
I was wondering if anyone has any idea about what should I do and is there any fee to ask for a replacement.
Does anybody have any suggestion? I am panicking

I submitted the Typographic Error e-request to their website and I hope they will not charge us the fee. Does anyone have any experience on this? I really do not want to pay an extra $380 for only on digit error in the date of birth :((

I submitted the Typographic Error e-request to their website and I hope they will not charge us the fee. Does anyone have any experience on this? I really do not want to pay an extra $380 for only on digit error in the date of birth :((

A replacement card will cost you in terms of time and money. Because the error wasn't don't by USCIS, you will need to pay for a replacement card to be issued:

Replacement EAD
If the card issued to you contains incorrect information that is not attributed to USCIS error, a new Form I-765 and filing fee are required as well as any documents specified in the form instructions. The Form I-765 must be accompanied by the card containing the error.
http://www.uscis.gov/green-card/gre...-procedures/employment-authorization-document

Considering the fact that you've already done you interview, I would have suggested you forget about the EAD card and wait for the GC approval to come true. A replacement application is treated more or less like a new application.

Had my interview today. It went well, she only asked me questions that are in my I-465 and asked to see my education diplomas, I-20s, employment letter, passport, OPT. The interview was smooth and fast, I think we were done in 15 minutes. The officer told me that everything is OK and that she will approve my application but she cannot make a decision yet, because a visa number has not been issued for me. Apparently, KCC or the State department has not sent my initial application to UCSIS (i.e., the one you pay 300$ for and you send to KCC). She said that there will be no other interviews and that we have to wait for the visa number, before she makes a decision on my case. Is this how it usually works? Should I be calling KCC and ask why there is no visa number for me yet? I am a bit worried because my OPT expires in Feb. 2015

Any thoughts or suggestions are more than welcome?

Congratulations on coming this far. Just hang in there for the final step which unfortunately is taking a bit longer this year because of the new online system initiated by KCC. Now even if a decision is not made by Feb 2015 when your OPT comes to an end, you will still be in status. If you applied for a DV based EAD card, you can switch to that and continue working. But if you did not apply for an EAD card, then you unfortunately will have to stop working until your AOS application is approved.

We did our interview last week. It went smooth and took only 10 minutes for both of us. After the oath, the officer went through I-485 and confirmed all of the information. Then she said that we are okay on the education and income side. And finally, she said she will approve us after she receives our file from KCC. I asked KCC and they told me that they have requested our files immediately after the interview date but KCC have not send it to the field office yet. I asked for an estimation, the representative said she cannot tell me any exact time.

I was on the phone with KCC a minute ago. My FO asked for my forms but KCC has not sent them yet. Apparently the DS-260 aplication is electronic starting this year and KCC is not sure how to send it to the field office. She said I should call back again after few weeks.

I was on the phone with KCC a minute ago. My FO asked for my forms but KCC has not sent them yet. Apparently the DS-260 aplication is electronic starting this year and KCC is not sure how to send it to the field office. She said I should call back again after few weeks.
Yeah, exactly what I heard from them. I hope few weeks is enough for them to send the files.

Yup - about the same thing they told people a month ago. Amazing.

Congratulations on coming this far. Just hang in there for the final step which unfortunately is taking a bit longer this year because of the new online system initiated by KCC. Now even if a decision is not made by Feb 2015 when your OPT comes to an end, you will still be in status. If you applied for a DV based EAD card, you can switch to that and continue working. But if you did not apply for an EAD card, then you unfortunately will have to stop working until your AOS application is approved.

Thanks Sm1smom, in my AOS application I did include the form I-765. I have not received a new EAD card though. Is that OK?

A replacement card will cost you in terms of time and money. Because the error wasn't don't by USCIS, you will need to pay for a replacement card to be issued:

Replacement EAD
If the card issued to you contains incorrect information that is not attributed to USCIS error, a new Form I-765 and filing fee are required as well as any documents specified in the form instructions. The Form I-765 must be accompanied by the card containing the error.
http://www.uscis.gov/green-card/gre...-procedures/employment-authorization-document

Considering the fact that you've already done you interview, I would have suggested you forget about the EAD card and wait for the GC approval to come true. A replacement application is treated more or less like a new application.

Sounds good. Thank you so much mom :) I have two questions about the relationship of EAD and GC.
1) Does the information on EAD affect GC anyway? I double checked both I-485 and they are correct.
2) AED does not have any use when I get the GD. Is that right?
Thank you in advance for answering.

Sounds good. Thank you so much mom :) I have two questions about the relationship of EAD and GC.
1) Does the information on EAD affect GC anyway? I double checked both I-485 and they are correct.
2) AED does not have any use when I get the GD. Is that right?
Thank you in advance for answering.

1. The GC production should be based on the information provided on your I-485, so I think you should be fine. Of course it means your husband can't use his EAD card as it is.

2. Yes. The EAD is of no use once you become a LPR.

Thanks Sm1smom, in my AOS application I did include the form I-765. I have not received a new EAD card though. Is that OK?

Then you should be fine work wise even if your OPT expires before a decision is made. Just present the EAD card when OPT is about to expire. The EAD card will still be sent.

Wow…this year seems to be quite the challenge for the KCC…I hope they figure themselves out soon, before they delay all of us on AOS…it seems no one's been issued AOS green cards as yet, even those who have been current since October…hopefully it all gets sorted out soon.

Wow…this year seems to be quite the challenge for the KCC…I hope they figure themselves out soon, before they delay all of us on AOS…it seems no one's been issued AOS green cards as yet, even those who have been current since October…hopefully it all gets sorted out soon.
I hope so :) I was thinking what would happen if they delay the process too much an loose the FY2015. It seems stupid but do you think that it is possible at all?

I called USCIS to ask about my I-765 since next week it will be almost 75 days since I sent the form with AOS. They contacted the field office and here is the response I got via e-mail:

"Your case is currently under review with an adjudicator. You should receive a decision or notice of other action within 60 days of the date of this letter."

60 days is too late for me. I wonder why they are taking so long for my EAD. I need it so that I can continue working after my OPT expires in February. I wonder if there is anything I can do for the EAD card to be issed?

I mean how hard can it be, all KCC needs to do is print our applications, send them to the FO and that is it. There is no point in delaying our AOS. I agree, it does look like nobody has adjusted status yet this year.