• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

My interview is in a week. I have few questions:

1) On average, how long after the interview I'd wait to actually receive green card?

2) Do they give the green card right away after the interview? Also, are there any restrictions on leaving the country after you get the green card (adjust status)?
Probably this is not the most important thing, however would you guys please update the spreadsheet with your status when you have a chance? I guess some of us haven't heard anything from USCIS for a couple of months now so it would be helpful to see where others are in the process. Thank you!

Probably this is not the most important thing, however would you guys please update the spreadsheet with your status when you have a chance? I guess some of us haven't heard anything from USCIS for a couple of months now so it would be helpful to see where others are in the process. Thank you!
I have not heard from USCIS, I called the contact (FO supervisor for DV cases) I had there to enquire about our case and when we'd be interviewed- left a message last Friday but she hasn't called me back. Also called KCC to see if our files have been requested by the Newark office. They weren't so it doesn't look like any movement is happening on my side. Will just have to wait some more...

I have not heard from USCIS, I called the contact (FO supervisor for DV cases) I had there to enquire about our case and when we'd be interviewed- left a message last Friday but she hasn't called me back. Also called KCC to see if our files have been requested by the Newark office. They weren't so it doesn't look like any movement is happening on my side. Will just have to wait some more...

Waiting sucks.

I'm in the same boat. :(

I am panicking. I just realized I forgot to include a self-addressed stamped envelope when I sent out my DV fee... what can I do about it now??
The DV fee receipt is the only thing I need to complete my AOS package so I can send it.

Last edited:
I am panicking. I just realized I forgot to include a self-addressed stamped envelope when I sent out my DV fee... what can I do about it now??
The DV fee receipt is the only thing I need to complete my AOS package so I can send it.
Hmm Mom or Simon probably will know more but did you include the AOS fee payment page when you sent it? If so, you would have completed your address there so there may be a chance they could still return it to you - I couldn't see a contact number for them either, if you don't receive it soon you may have to resubmit which sucks - this is a bit of a long shot but you could try sending the form again with a self addressed stamped envelope included and a note/letter to explain that you already submitted payment on such and such date but didn't include the envelope so here it is now, something along those lines

Hmm Mom or Simon probably will know more but did you include the AOS fee payment page when you sent it? If so, you would have completed your address there so there may be a chance they could still return it to you - I couldn't see a contact number for them either, if you don't receive it soon you may have to resubmit which sucks - this is a bit of a long shot but you could try sending the form again with a self addressed stamped envelope included and a note/letter to explain that you already submitted payment on such and such date but didn't include the envelope so here it is now, something along those lines

I had missed this. To be honest there is not much you can do at all. I'm not sure the long shot would work. Personally I would just wait - you can always show the check was cashed from statements, and they may send you the receipt anyway...

I had missed this. To be honest there is not much you can do at all. I'm not sure the long shot would work. Personally I would just wait - you can always show the check was cashed from statements, and they may send you the receipt anyway...

Well considering for the DVfee they only take money orders, I only have my copy of the receipt from the original postal money order I sent to them so there is no statements. And yes, I have included the payment form with all my info in the envelope that was delivered to them and noted my case number on the money order as well.
I was thinking of doing something like ndubs suggested, sending an envelope and explaining but... Idk. It just sucks cause I am current in Feb and I really wanted to send this package out this month :/ How could I be so stupid to leave the return envelope out? -.-
There is one more thing I could try, I learned that I can go to the post office with my receipt of the money order and they will be able to give me info about when it was cashed and by whom. If I include that in the package would it work? Of course I am gonna wait a little bit longer to see if I receive the original receipt from the Department of State but this is just to save my application in case I get nothing in the mail from them. What do you think?

Last edited:
Well considering for the DVfee they only take money orders, I only have my copy of the receipt from the original postal money order I sent to them so there is no statements. And yes, I have included the payment form with all my info in the envelope that was delivered to them and noted my case number on the money order as well.
I was thinking of doing something like ndubs suggested, sending an envelope and explaining but... Idk. It just sucks cause I am current in Feb and I really wanted to send this package out this month :/ How could I be so stupid to leave the return envelope out? -.-
There is one more thing I could try, I learned that I can go to the post office with my receipt of the money order and they will be able to give me info about when it was cashed and by whom. If I include that in the package would it work? Of course I am gonna wait a little bit longer to see if I receive the original receipt from the Department of State but this is just to save my application in case I get nothing in the mail from them. What do you think?

For starters, considering the situation you've now found yourself, you can go ahead and send the AOS package while trying to sort the issue of the DV receipt - fingers crossed the folks at the Chicago Lockbox will accept the package without the receipt, you can always present the receipt at the time of your interview. Yes, a couple of past selectees have found themselves in a similar situation and this is what they did.

Then you need to email KCC and inform them about the non-inclusion of a SAE with your payment and request for them to email it back to you. Stress the urgency involved with regards to your CN being current in February.

For starters, considering the situation you've now found yourself, you can go ahead and send the AOS package while trying to sort the issue of the DV receipt - fingers crossed the folks at the Chicago Lockbox will accept the package without the receipt, you can always present the receipt at the time of your interview. Yes, a couple of past selectees have found themselves in a similar situation and this is what they did.

Then you need to email KCC and inform them about the non-inclusion of a SAE with your payment and request for them to email it back to you. Stress the urgency involved with regards to your CN being current in February.

Okay, I will send the package then... would it help to include the money order receipt and the copy of the inquiry from the post office that shows the DOS actually cashed it? And in my cover letter should I include a short explanation?

I will e-mail KCC about this right away as well. So KCC can actually send me a receipt?

Okay, I will send the package then... would it help to include the money order receipt and the copy of the inquiry from the post office that shows the DOS actually cashed it? And in my cover letter should I include a short explanation?

I will e-mail KCC about this right away as well. So KCC can actually send me a receipt?
SAE = self addressed envelope

Wouldn't hurt to include all of that, and yes KCC can arrange for the receipt to be sent/emailed to you.

Hi guys,

Today both my husband and I received our EAD cards, but unfortunately the date of birth on my husband's card is incorrect. We checked our I-765 forms and figured out that we have entered the year incorrect only on that form of my husband. :( But it is luckily correct on I-485. :)
I was wondering if anyone has any idea about what should I do and is there any fee to ask for a replacement.

I submitted the Typographic Error e-request to their website and I hope they will not charge us the fee. Does anyone have any experience on this? I really do not want to pay an extra $380 for only on digit error in the date of birth :((

Had my interview today. It went well, she only asked me questions that are in my I-465 and asked to see my education diplomas, I-20s, employment letter, passport, OPT. The interview was smooth and fast, I think we were done in 15 minutes. The officer told me that everything is OK and that she will approve my application but she cannot make a decision yet, because a visa number has not been issued for me. Apparently, KCC or the State department has not sent my initial application to UCSIS (i.e., the one you pay 300$ for and you send to KCC). She said that there will be no other interviews and that we have to wait for the visa number, before she makes a decision on my case. Is this how it usually works? Should I be calling KCC and ask why there is no visa number for me yet? I am a bit worried because my OPT expires in Feb. 2015

Any thoughts or suggestions are more than welcome?

Had my interview today. It went well, she only asked me questions that are in my I-465 and asked to see my education diplomas, I-20s, employment letter, passport, OPT. The interview was smooth and fast, I think we were done in 15 minutes. The officer told me that everything is OK and that she will approve my application but she cannot make a decision yet, because a visa number has not been issued for me. Apparently, KCC or the State department has not sent my initial application to UCSIS (i.e., the one you pay 300$ for and you send to KCC). She said that there will be no other interviews and that we have to wait for the visa number, before she makes a decision on my case. Is this how it usually works? Should I be calling KCC and ask why there is no visa number for me yet? I am a bit worried because my OPT expires in Feb. 2015

Any thoughts or suggestions are more than welcome?
Same thing was told me, i'm almost 2 month waiting