• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

So - when did you submit your DS260? Did you unlock it at any point and if you did, what did you change?
Submitted on July 3rd, received the Adjustment Notification Letter on July 10th, letter was dated July 3rd.

Letters starts with the "Thank you for informing us of your intention to apply for adjustment of status with the Department of Homeland
Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
" so I assume this to be like the 2NL ?

Submitted on July 3rd, received the Adjustment Notification Letter on July 10th, letter was dated July 3rd.

Letters starts with the "Thank you for informing us of your intention to apply for adjustment of status with the Department of Homeland
Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
" so I assume this to be like the 2NL ?

Yes that was the 2NL.

There has been a backlog of processing the DS260 forms. So - it is not a total surprise that yours aren't completed yet. Once they are completed KCC are normally very responsive to the requests made by the FO. The length of time it takes to process the DS260 will vary by case, but the latest info shows some people with submission dates around yours are just now being completed. So - it won't be 3 months from now - hopefully it will be done soon. Wait a week or two and check again with KCC.

Yes that was the 2NL.

There has been a backlog of processing the DS260 forms. So - it is not a total surprise that yours aren't completed yet. Once they are completed KCC are normally very responsive to the requests made by the FO. The length of time it takes to process the DS260 will vary by case, but the latest info shows some people with submission dates around yours are just now being completed. So - it won't be 3 months from now - hopefully it will be done soon. Wait a week or two and check again with KCC.

Thanks Britsimon

What do you mean by unlock it? (Sorry if that is a silly question)

If you need to make a change to the DS260 after you initially submit it, you write to KCC and ask them to unlock it - and that allows you to modify the data you previously submitted.

If you need to make a change to the DS260 after you initially submit it, you write to KCC and ask them to unlock it - and that allows you to modify the data you previously submitted.
Gotcha, thanks :) I think I entered a different address on form DS260 compared to the AOS form when I completed the mailing address for the green card section - do I need to unlock and amend or will the address on the AOS form take precedence?

Gotcha, thanks :) I think I entered a different address on form DS260 compared to the AOS form when I completed the mailing address for the green card section - do I need to unlock and amend or will the address on the AOS form take precedence?

No need to unlock. The address on the I-485 will be used, and you can verify that at the time of your interview.

Hello All,

This wait is killing me, is already two weeks since my interview and my case status hasn't change yet. Did anybody else receive interview appointment letter yet??

Hello
Hello All,

This wait is killing me, is already two weeks since my interview and my case status hasn't change yet. Did anybody else receive interview appointment letter yet??
Hello,
I did not receive the interview letter yet. I went to my biometrics just last week but seeing other people still waiting for their interview letters is a little bit stressful. Although I checked last year's spreadsheet and they were on the same page. So, it does seem normal I guess. Any idea?

Hi, I just submitted our (me and my wife's) online DS 260 (selected USCIS, i.e. AOS) and I am now going to prepare a money order for DV fee. I think it is pretty clear about the amount ($330 per person) but I just wanted to double check by asking you guys, because it says on the DOS website: per person applying as a DV program selectee (as I am the selectee and my wife is the accompany.) What do you think? I read terrible stories on rejected visas because of wrong payments, etc.
Thanks,

Hi, I just submitted our (me and my wife's) online DS 260 (selected USCIS, i.e. AOS) and I am now going to prepare a money order for DV fee. I think it is pretty clear about the amount ($330 per person) but I just wanted to double check by asking you guys, because it says on the DOS website: per person applying as a DV program selectee (as I am the selectee and my wife is the accompany.) What do you think? I read terrible stories on rejected visas because of wrong payments, etc.
Thanks,

Please go to the first post on this thread and check out the link. There are full instructions there which will stop you from making a mistake or worrying that you made a mistake....

Hello everyone,
Thanks for being helpful and responsive.
Last week, I asked my attorney to follow up my case status with the FO and she only received a general answer more like a template stating that we will flag DV cases and expedite the procedure. Then we will arrange interview for them as soon as possible. They also mentioned that you will receive the interview letter two weeks prior to the date.
Then I called KCC and asked if the field office has requested my file or not. The answer was not yet and the lady told me that she will follow it up and put a note or something. I did not quite understood that what she meant exactly by following up and writing a note for them. Does anyone know what it can mean?
I also called USCIS customer service and it only gave general information the same as their online status check website. Assuming that my case is in hands of NBC. I was wondering if NCB has any customer service number/email to ask the exact status my case.
Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone.
I finally got my 2nd NL today, even though the date on it it's three days ago.
Anyway, I have a question about it (I tried looking at past posts but could not find it), where it says:
"You must submit the Diversity Visa (DV) "Notification Letter" we sent you to the USCIS office nearest your
place of residence in order to apply for adjustment of status."
What exactly does it mean?
I am following the spreadsheet and I know that after the 2nd NL and paying the DV fee, there is not much I need to do besides medical and putting together the package, until my number comes up in the VB. So... what are they talking about there?
Thanks!

Hello everyone,
Thanks for being helpful and responsive.
Last week, I asked my attorney to follow up my case status with the FO and she only received a general answer more like a template stating that we will flag DV cases and expedite the procedure. Then we will arrange interview for them as soon as possible. They also mentioned that you will receive the interview letter two weeks prior to the date.
Then I called KCC and asked if the field office has requested my file or not. The answer was not yet and the lady told me that she will follow it up and put a note or something. I did not quite understood that what she meant exactly by following up and writing a note for them. Does anyone know what it can mean?
I also called USCIS customer service and it only gave general information the same as their online status check website. Assuming that my case is in hands of NBC. I was wondering if NCB has any customer service number/email to ask the exact status my case.
Thanks in advance.

Your file most likely has been forwarded to your FO, not unless your package included an application for an EAD and/or AP card in which case NBC will adjudicate on the EAD/AP card application while the actual AOS application gets forwarded to your FO. Since you've already received your Bio notice which is handled by NBC, I see no reason why NBC will be holding on to your file.

What the FO told your attorney may sound like the standard response, but it is the right one. The fact that a case is identified as a DV case does not necessarily mean it automatically gets placed in the next available interview slot, however the FOs will nonetheless prioritize the interview schedule and it still takes some time. As for the KCC person and her I will "follow it up and put a note" is basically her way of getting your off the phone IMO. KCC, AFAIK does not initiate contact with FOs to prompt them aboust requesting for a case file. It's a request that comes from the FO when the FO is ready. All contacts with USCIS is done via the 1-800 number you find on the correspondence from when your application got accepted. Unfortunately, the standard response from the customer rep usually isn't of any help as they basically tell you the same thing you can see regarding your case online. If you think your case has been pending more than necessary, then book an infopass appointment with your FO so that you can go in and speak with someone in person.

Hi everyone.
I finally got my 2nd NL today, even though the date on it it's three days ago.
Anyway, I have a question about it (I tried looking at past posts but could not find it), where it says:
"You must submit the Diversity Visa (DV) "Notification Letter" we sent you to the USCIS office nearest your
place of residence in order to apply for adjustment of status."
What exactly does it mean?
I am following the spreadsheet and I know that after the 2nd NL and paying the DV fee, there is not much I need to do besides medical and putting together the package, until my number comes up in the VB. So... what are they talking about there?
Thanks!

It means exactly what you already know, except the information isn't put together in anyway that can provide you with the correct guidance you need. It just means you need to include your DV NL with your I-485 package when your CN becomes current - everyone who has gone through the process know by now know that you cannot send your application directly to "the USCIS office nearest your place of residence in order to apply for adjustment of status" - the application has to be submitted through the Chicago Lockbox.

Hi,
I am 2015 DV selectee and doing AOS. I have a question about the financial documents. I am a graduate student pursuing a PhD degree. So I have full scholarship plus stipend ($26000/year). I was wondering if anyone has suggestions on the bank balance I would need to show in addition to my pay stubs. I am the only applicant.

Hi,
I am 2015 DV selectee and doing AOS. I have a question about the financial documents. I am a graduate student pursuing a PhD degree. So I have full scholarship plus stipend ($26000/year). I was wondering if anyone has suggestions on the bank balance I would need to show in addition to my pay stubs. I am the only applicant.

The stipend you mention exceeds the federal poverty guideline - so you should be ok.

Hi Y'all. This is my first post, I've been reading the material on this forum for a week now. Thanks to all of you I know a lot more now.
My case # is AS3*** and hopefully will become current in February. I have been in the US for 3 years on F-1 visa and am currently living in Texas. I have a few questions:

1- The website for department of state (travel.state.gov) suggests a list of documents one should bring to the interview, including police records. However this was not listed on USCIS website. I am filing AOS application, so is it correct to assume that I won't need police record from either US or my country?

2- A student visa is (in my case) valid for 2 years. My visa is currently expired but I have maintained my student status valid and lawful. I have a valid I-20 right now. Is this OK?

3- I have used OPT EAD for one full year. That EAD expired in summer and I went back to school (actually new school). Do I need to include a copy of that EAD?

4- I have held on-campus jobs for the past 3 years. I have filed taxes. Do I really need to include a proof of tax return transactions in my package? What about pay stubs? I mean my question is that I am a student not someone who's working professionally. (I have half time graduate assistant appointment at school.)

5- I checked the spreadsheet. Thanks for all the info. But there are many documents listed there that are not listed on USCIS website to be included in the application package. Can I bring those to my interview?

Thanks

Hi,

Your stipend is certainly above the poverty guideline for one person, so the balance in your account isn't likely to be what the IO will be focusing on. However, because you're in F1 status, my suggestion would be to get an I-134 as a back up financial evidence. IOs have been known to be request an affidavit of support especial from those in F1 status. This does not have to be included with your I-485 package, only present it if requested at your interview.