• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Hmmmm.... to avoid unnecessary stress, it is best to not try and plan around USCIS....
Hellooo,
I just did my bio yesterday. Thank you all for answering my questions.
I was just curious about a few things. Why all of the cases listed on the spreadsheet have not received an interview letter yet? Isn't it something new that is happening this year? And can I call KCC to check if the field office has requested my file? I am not sure if it is KCC :D probably any organization to call? :D

Hellooo,
I was just curious about a few things. Why all of the cases listed on the spreadsheet have not received an interview letter yet? Isn't it something new that is happening this year? And can I call KCC to check if the field office has requested my file? I am not sure if it is KCC :D probably any organization to call? :D

It might simply be that people are not updating their status. We tend to get more AoSers later in the year as they sit and wonder what is going on....

Yes you can call KCC to see if the FO have asked for your file - generally that won't happen that early - but varies by FO.

It might simply be that people are not updating their status. We tend to get more AoSers later in the year as they sit and wonder what is going on....

Yes you can call KCC to see if the FO have asked for your file - generally that won't happen that early - but varies by FO.
Thank you Simon :) Your comments are always helpful. I have to be patient till the time I receive the interview letter. Thanks again...

Hellooo,
I was wondering about the same thing. I saw that in prior year people current Oct-Nov started to get letters around January-March. However, I was also wondering if the immigration reform can result in delays. In October there were news around the net about USCIS getting ready for the immigration amnesty.

I was wondering about the same thing. I saw that in prior year people current Oct-Nov started to get letters around January-March. However, I was also wondering if the immigration reform can result in delays. In October there were news around the net about USCIS getting ready for the immigration amnesty.

DV processing is handled by a special department (KCC). So any immigration reform or even amnesty will not have a short term impact to the DV process.

And lawyer wanted 4000 dollars for canada process
http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/87872.pdf Tanfoglio, I would refer to this document, especially the part that states that embassies can, at their discretion, accept a case especially if it involves hardship. I don't know though if your case would count as hardship, but it's worth a try. I have been researching that process too, because I have been debating whether to do AOS or CP..

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/87872.pdf Tanfoglio, I would refer to this document, especially the part that states that embassies can, at their discretion, accept a case especially if it involves hardship. I don't know though if your case would count as hardship, but it's worth a try. I have been researching that process too, because I have been debating whether to do AOS or CP..

I should think the onus of proving hardship is quite high, particularly for someone actually resident in the US, and with DV being time sensitive may use up too much time. The same type of problem with people trying to get for example waivers for medicals etc. No time. That's even before you think about the logistics of getting KCC to schedule it.

As an aside, re your suggestion to tanfoglio, I wonder if a US embassy would see trying to escape conscription at home necessarily being a hardship. I guess it depends on which country the person is from. A situation where one would get immediately drafted on setting foot in the country, well, sounds like someone has ignored compulsory conscription orders then. I would certainly think you might need a lawyer to be helping define why trying to avoid obligations at home is hardship, again I am sure this is a grey area and better chance if the country is hostile to the U.S., but... Is it something you want to be spending time doing while the clock is ticking down?

DV processing is handled by a special department (KCC). So any immigration reform or even amnesty will not have a short term impact to the DV process.
I am a bit confused. I understand that KCC is the one administering the DV program. However, I was under the impression that the AoS cases are transferred to USCIS field offices for processing. So right now we are actually waiting on KCC to make the move? I thought it was the FO. Anyway, I hope you are right!

I am a bit confused. I understand that KCC is the one administering the DV program. However, I was under the impression that the AoS cases are transferred to USCIS field offices for processing. So right now we are actually waiting on KCC to make the move? I thought it was the FO. Anyway, I hope you are right!

Ahhhh - I see your point - the concern being about AoS cases. Well yes I suppose that could impact processing at FOs, and conceivably they would have more people looking for the appointments so delays could build up BUT DV cases already get special processing timelines, and I would expect that to continue. DV cases (especially AoS) are a TINY proportion of the cases for any FO - so it isn't hard to maintain the fastrack for DV...

Hi Britsimon,
Thanks for your efforts to help with your experience,
I have a question relating to the AOS: is the 2nd letter of email we have to receive after submitting thd DS-260 relating to the case number? Or do you suggest to send email to Kcc asking about the 2nd email or letter?
As I sent you before I'm AF25,xxx from Egypt, submitted Ds -260 on June !! 13th.
God bless you all

Last edited:
Hi Britsimon,
Thanks for your efforts to help with your experience,
I have a question relating to the AOS: is the 2nd letter of email we have to receive after submitting thd DS-260 relating to the case number? Or do you suggest to send email to Kcc asking about the 2nd email or letter?
As I sent you before I'm AF25,xxx from Egypt, submitted Ds -260 on June !! 13th.
God bless you all

I just replied to your PM. Yes contact KCC to see where you stand.

I'm DV 2015 selected, I'm in M-1 student visa, my wife and the children are M-2 visa. We will make re-extension for our visa, is there any advice according to form I-539? Is that needs to mention the dv lottery?

We submitted DS-260 on June 11th, and will make AOS, cn af 25,000 from Egypt.
I appreciate your help.

I'm DV 2015 selected, I'm in M-1 student visa, my wife and the children are M-2 visa. We will make re-extension for our visa, is there any advice according to form I-539? Is that needs to mention the dv lottery?

We submitted DS-260 on June 11th, and will make AOS, cn af 25,000 from Egypt.
I appreciate your help.

Didn't we already go over this a couple of pages back (page 41, post #813 to be precise) when you first brought up this issue?

Yes you did, I'm just worry because I'm applying the extension this week, some people said I have to explain in a septet sheep that I'm dv selected and other said don't talk about that at all, I just feel confused. That's all, but I wish to have a very clear answer, or it's clear that the extension will be denied?
Sorry again of that make bothering you

Yes you did, I'm just worry because I'm applying the extension this week, some people said I have to explain in a septet sheep that I'm dv selected and other said don't talk about that at all, I just feel confused. That's all, but I wish to have a very clear answer, or it's clear that the extension will be denied?
Sorry again of that make bothering you

It's not like I feel bothered, I just thought you had asked about this before and we answered as best as we could. I understand you're worried, but at the end of the day, none of us here work for USCIS and we can't say for certain if your application will be denied or that.

Like I answered before, I believe you're required to answer "YES" to the question: "Has an immigration petition ever been filed for you ..." in view of the fact that you've already submitted form DS-260. And the instruction on the I-539 is that if you answer "Yes" to any question from Section 3A to 3H, you're to provide a detailed explanation of the circumstance on a separate sheet of paper. So are you supposed to talk about being a DV selectee when you send in this I-539? My answer is yes, since you've already indicated you intend to pursue your DV selection with the DS-260 submission. There wouldn't have been any need to provide additional information or to answer "Yes" if you hadn't already submitted the DS-form.

Thanks Simon for your big heart, really I appreciate you and all of you.

I will do and pray for His good will.
God bless you .

Ahhhh - I see your point - the concern being about AoS cases. Well yes I suppose that could impact processing at FOs, and conceivably they would have more people looking for the appointments so delays could build up BUT DV cases already get special processing timelines, and I would expect that to continue. DV cases (especially AoS) are a TINY proportion of the cases for any FO - so it isn't hard to maintain the fastrack for DV...
Yeah I see that. With that and yet another government shutdown looming I hope the effects won't be significant...:(
Obviously as we are pressed for time we are more sensitive to everything and think too much into things.
I saw in prior years' timelines that it is faster and depends on the FOs as well. However, when you are referring to special processing times, do you guys base that on historical experience, or is there another USCIS memo, rule, commitment etc that implies it or talks about it, just in case? With my recent experience, I was wondering if I had to contact USCIS about the case again, would there be anything I can refer to. Thanks!

Yeah I see that. With that and yet another government shutdown looming I hope the effects won't be significant...:(
Obviously as we are pressed for time we are more sensitive to everything and think too much into things.
I saw in prior years' timelines that it is faster and depends on the FOs as well. However, when you are referring to special processing times, do you guys base that on historical experience, or is there another USCIS memo, rule, commitment etc that implies it or talks about it, just in case? With my recent experience, I was wondering if I had to contact USCIS about the case again, would there be anything I can refer to. Thanks!

The special processing is stated policy (http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/...013/August/DV-Related I-485 Applications .pdf) and historically proven - check the previous years processing timelines in Moms spreadsheets.

Found out that our case which has been at the USCIS FO is pending receipt of our files from KCC hence no interview letter, my wife called and spoke with the KCC officer and was told it has only been 2+ weeks waiting on KCC and that they may take up to 3 months to forward the file to the local FO. Any idea of what a reasonable time frame is for KCC to review/process the file and secondly anyone got ideas on how one could encourage KCC to forward the files more quickly?

Found out that our case which has been at the USCIS FO is pending receipt of our files from KCC hence no interview letter, my wife called and spoke with the KCC officer and was told it has only been 2+ weeks waiting on KCC and that they may take up to 3 months to forward the file to the local FO. Any idea of what a reasonable time frame is for KCC to review/process the file and secondly anyone got ideas on how one could encourage KCC to forward the files more quickly?

So - when did you submit your DS260? Did you unlock it at any point and if you did, what did you change?