• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

They probably are. The operator I talked with on Thursday was kinder than yours but mentioned she's been asked the same question multiple times already, and still had nothing better than "2-4 weeks of processing time expected."
Last Thursday was 4 weeks since the IO requested my file from the KCC. I called the KCC on Thursday and Monday and the only response was that they had not sent it and didn't know when it would be sent.

I called again this morning, the operator spoke to her manager and then told me the case would be sent out by the end of the week. I'll give them another call on Friday to make sure that's the case, but things are looking up on this front. As a reminder, the IO at USCIS said she'd approve my application once she had the file, as long as there were visa numbers avaialable; hopefully that is still the case, and the file gets to her soon.

Before the call, I actually had an infopass at the USCIS office in Newark, but the lady there wasn't very helpful, seemed doubtful when I told her what the IO had said, and said she had no additional information besides the fact that my case was not approved by the IO. Her suggestion was that I should send a letter to the (same) USCIS office with an explanation of my case and a note that the letter is in reference to AOS, and that it might take up to 45 days to get a response to that (no reaction when I explained about the Sept. 30 deadline). I might still send such a letter just in case, but hopefully the file gets to USCIS soon, and there are no further bumps on the road.

Last Thursday was 4 weeks since the IO requested my file from the KCC. I called the KCC on Thursday and Monday and the only response was that they had not sent it and didn't know when it would be sent.

I called again this morning, the operator spoke to her manager and then told me the case would be sent out by the end of the week. I'll give them another call on Friday to make sure that's the case, but things are looking up on this front. As a reminder, the IO at USCIS said she'd approve my application once she had the file, as long as there were visa numbers avaialable; hopefully that is still the case, and the file gets to her soon.

Before the call, I actually had an infopass at the USCIS office in Newark, but the lady there wasn't very helpful, seemed doubtful when I told her what the IO had said, and said she had no additional information besides the fact that my case was not approved by the IO. Her suggestion was that I should send a letter to the (same) USCIS office with an explanation of my case and a note that the letter is in reference to AOS, and that it might take up to 45 days to get a response to that (no reaction when I explained about the Sept. 30 deadline). I might still send such a letter just in case, but hopefully the file gets to USCIS soon, and there are no further bumps on the road.

Nice :). My case file got sent just last week, and I had no issues with my FO (Newark, the same as yours) approving my case immediately on receiving the file so I imagine it will be the same for you as well. My USCIS online status changed to approved one day after KCC sent my file to Newark without any additional prompting/follow ups, and I received my physical welcome notice arriving in the mail this Monday (3-4 days after approval).

Hopefully it will be smooth sailing for you from here on out!

Hi all,
I had my interview this morning. It went pretty smoothly. The officer just asked few questions about my name, address, job, etc. Didn't even look at the original documents that I had taken with me. She had my file in her hands and was marking my forms (that I sent in AOS package) as I answered At the end of the interview, she said she will recommend my case for approval. I will receive my GC in 2-6 weeks when the final decision is made. I am a bit confused if this means that my case is approved. My online case status is still in "finger print fee received". When should I expect it to update? I don't want to worry for no reason, but the case status made me nervous. Since she had my file during the interview, she should have all she needs right?

It shouldn't come as a surprise, I've always said those on student visa should be prepared to present an affidavit of support, they often request for this.

So do whatever you can to get an I-134, (I-864) is not applicable to DV cases - take a look at the AOS spreadsheet for links to documents indicating an I-864 is not applicable and you should take those documents along also just in case the IO insist it should be an I-864.

However, if your income as a research assistant is above the required minimum poverty guideline level applicable to 2 people, then you might be exempt from presenting the affidavit, but still do whatever you can to get it as a back up document.

Regarding the different interview times, you will be interviewed together even if they initially call you in one by one which is rare for DV cases.

Thank you Mom,

I got my sponsors lined-up. I will prepare both I-134 and I-864 to be safe.

Hi all,
I had my interview this morning. It went pretty smoothly. The officer just asked few questions about my name, address, job, etc. Didn't even look at the original documents that I had taken with me. She had my file in her hands and was marking my forms (that I sent in AOS package) as I answered At the end of the interview, she said she will recommend my case for approval. I will receive my GC in 2-6 weeks when the final decision is made. I am a bit confused if this means that my case is approved. My online case status is still in "finger print fee received". When should I expect it to update? I don't want to worry for no reason, but the case status made me nervous. Since she had my file during the interview, she should have all she needs right?

The case status updates following the IO's approval - case approval is IO dependent, so no one knows precisely when the updates will happen.

Did you confirm from the IO if your KCC file had been recieved? This is not the same as the file containing the AOS package you mailed in.

The case status updates following the IO's approval - case approval is IO dependent, so no one knows precisely when the updates will happen.

Did you confirm from the IO if your KCC file had been recieved? This is not the same as the file containing the AOS package you mailed in.
No I didn't. Should I call KCC to ask if they have sent my file?

@Sm1smom I was looking through the DV AOS timelines for both 2014 and 2015, and noticed that every single entry has a CPO date before the welcome letter date.

I had my USCIS status change to "welcome notice mailed" on the 20th, and received the physical letter in the mail 3 days later. However, my status never changed to CPO at any point - it just went straight from fingerprint fee received to welcome notice mailed once KCC sent my file over to my FO.

Would you have any advice on if I should do anything at this point, or just wait? I feel like i'm almost definitely being overly paranoid, but as things are so close to being completely done I want to make sure I haven't overlooked anything / have followed up on everything I needed to.

Hello

My number is current for August 42 XXX. I file I-485 July first. Then I got biometric letter july 8,2015. I walk in for biometric July 20,2015. I would like to know when I should get interview letter.Note My USCIS Office st. louis.

Sincerely,,,
mouzb

@Sm1smom I was looking through the DV AOS timelines for both 2014 and 2015, and noticed that every single entry has a CPO date before the welcome letter date.

I had my USCIS status change to "welcome notice mailed" on the 20th, and received the physical letter in the mail 3 days later. However, my status never changed to CPO at any point - it just went straight from fingerprint fee received to welcome notice mailed once KCC sent my file over to my FO.

Would you have any advice on if I should do anything at this point, or just wait? I feel like i'm almost definitely being overly paranoid, but as things are so close to being completely done I want to make sure I haven't overlooked anything / have followed up on everything I needed to.

You can call the USCIS 1800 number to find out if your GC has been ordered/mailed. My guess is the first rep you speak with will basically read out the same information you see if you check the case yourself, however, you could request to speak with a L2 officer who may be able to provide you with more information or basically tell you to keep waiting.

Can someone tell me about the US certification of the degree. I can certify my high school certificate but what about the BS certificate. Do I have to send in the transcript or the degree certificate for this?

You can call the USCIS 1800 number to find out if your GC has been ordered/mailed. My guess is the first rep you speak with will basically read out the same information you see if you check the case yourself, however, you could request to speak with a L2 officer who may be able to provide you with more information or basically tell you to keep waiting.
Thank you mom. I called USCIS and asked to speak to a L2 officer. After just over an hour on hold, I finally got a chance to speak to one and was told I need to wait 60 days before the green card will be sent. She confirmed that my case update only had "welcome notice has been set" on it but said she didn't even know what I meant by a CPO or Card Production Ordered notice, and that I should just refer to the welcome letter update's estimate (60 days). This does not seem entirely correct based on other people's experiences - I hope this doesn't mean something that should have happened didn't happen with my case, as just about everything i've read both here and about general AOS cases indicates that a CPO notice should occur.

Just to double check - as I have already gotten my welcome letter which states my case has been approved, if there happens to be an issue will I still have to get this resolved by Sept 30 or will I have more time?

Hello

My number is current for August 42 XXX. I file I-485 July first. Then I got biometric letter july 8,2015. I walk in for biometric July 20,2015. I would like to know when I should get interview letter.Note My USCIS Office st. louis.

Sincerely,,,
mouzb

IL is FO dependent, no one knows for certain when you're likely to receive it. You can schedule an INFOPASS with your FO to find out the status of your petition/IL.