• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

The individual ASC isn't responsible for sending out the bio letter, it's done for everyone by NBC (National Benefits Centre), and going by your posted timeline, the bio letter receipt doesn't seem unusually delayed IMO.

It's hard for anyone here to say precisely how long it might take for your case to get approved following your interview, and yes, your being Iranian could possibly delay your interview letter itself or the final case approval, it depends on how quickly you're able to clear the background check. This is a good instance where trying a bio walk in would have been a very good idea, instead of waiting until the actual scheduled date like you did.
Thanks for the quick reply, mom and hazelnutButter. I didn't know a walk-in would speed up the process (I vaguely remember reading somewhere on the forum that it wouldn't speed things up, but now I see how it can affect the process).

How long do you think I should wait before getting an infopass? I'm thinking I'll give it a month and half to two months.

Thanks for the quick reply, mom and hazelnutButter. I didn't know a walk-in would speed up the process (I vaguely remember reading somewhere on the forum that it wouldn't speed things up, but now I see how it can affect the process).

How long do you think I should wait before getting an infopass? I'm thinking I'll give it a month and half to two months.

Before you decide how long to wait, log on to infopass and see how long the wait is. I made the mistake of waiting till I actually needed an infopass before booking one, only to find out that there was a loooooong wait at the New York FO. If your FO is less backed-up, you can afford to wait, if not book one a few weeks in advance of the date you think you'll need it. (The security guard at the New York FO told me they release new slots every morning, so trying early in the morning is likely to work best).

Also, I seem to remember reading somewhere that you can call the people who run the background checks directly and ask them if they've completed your background check and sent it to the FO. Perhaps someone here remembers the phone number and can give it to ArminJason? That way, you can turn up to your infopass knowing that the background check is done.

I never said a bio walk-in will or could speed up the processing. It however helps in cases where a prolonged or additional background check could be required. The background check is initiated immediately following the completion of the bio appointment. Give it like a month, then go for an infopass.

Also, I seem to remember reading somewhere that you can call the people who run the background checks directly and ask them if they've completed your background check and sent it to the FO. Perhaps someone here remembers the phone number and can give it to ArminJason? That way, you can turn up to your infopass knowing that the background check is done.

That information is no longer being provided to applicants.

Thanks for the prompt response guys. This may sound like a stupid question, but when getting an infopass, should I choose "You need information or other services" or "You need Service on a case that has already been filed"?

Thanks again.

I picked "you need service on a case that has already been filed".

Mom has previously told me that it doesn't really matter so much what you pick - they'll usually listen to your question regardless.

How many days it takes to send text message or email for received or accepted the case?
The post office services showed it's delievred to their mail box.

We had our interview yesterday. Things went well but at the end the lady gave us a notice stating we the interview is complete but the case is not approved yet. We were told that the visa package from Kentucky is in another office in the same building. While doing the interview, she went out to grab that but the people in that office were busy with other stuff. She said she will request visas from department of state. there is no update on our case since then...I thought requesting visa was quiet easy. I appreciate any such past experiences.

We had our interview yesterday. Things went well but at the end the lady gave us a notice stating we the interview is complete but the case is not approved yet. We were told that the visa package from Kentucky is in another office in the same building. While doing the interview, she went out to grab that but the people in that office were busy with other stuff. She said she will request visas from department of state. there is no update on our case since then...I thought requesting visa was quiet easy. I appreciate any such past experiences.

Yes, making the visa request is an easy straight forward part of the process. There's really no need to start getting worked up or worried about no case update at this stage, you only had your interview yesterday.

How many days it takes to send text message or email for received or accepted the case?
The post office services showed it's delievred to their mail box.

Take a look at the timelines posted on the AOS spreadsheet to get an idea of the processing time.

Hello @Sm1smom ,
Today was my interview day. at 1 pm. Interview took just 10 minutes. He asked some questions from I-485. Where was my country, etc. but not too many questions. and he told me I will review ur documents one more time and decicde. After decision you will have it in mail. Well I went out and started to drive back to my city. and in 20 minutes I got a text saying your status changed. I opened my case and saw this note." we ordered your new card ....and will mail it to the address you gave us.."
So does it mean I get it? was it approved? Am still not sure..
thanks

Hello @Sm1smom ,
Today was my interview day. at 1 pm. Interview took just 10 minutes. He asked some questions from I-485. Where was my country, etc. but not too many questions. and he told me I will review ur documents one more time and decicde. After decision you will have it in mail. Well I went out and started to drive back to my city. and in 20 minutes I got a text saying your status changed. I opened my case and saw this note." we ordered your new card ....and will mail it to the address you gave us.."
So does it mean I get it? was it approved? Am still not sure..
thanks

Yeeeesssssss! It means your case has been approved. Congratulations!!

HI,
I am preparing my AOS package and am confused with the address. I plan to post in USPS priority mail envelop. It does not say express so should I post it to the adrress for IS Postal service? or is it for the express mail and couries deliveries? I know the question is kind of dumb but just checking all my bases here. Thanks

USCIS Chicago Lockbox
For U.S. Postal Service:

USCIS
P.O. Box 804625
Chicago, IL 60680-4107

For Express mail and courier deliveries:

USCIS
Attn: I-130
131 South Dearborn-3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

HI,
I am preparing my AOS package and am confused with the address. I plan to post in USPS priority mail envelop. It does not say express so should I post it to the adrress for IS Postal service? or is it for the express mail and couries deliveries? I know the question is kind of dumb but just checking all my bases here. Thanks

USCIS Chicago Lockbox
For U.S. Postal Service:

USCIS
P.O. Box 804625
Chicago, IL 60680-4107

For Express mail and courier deliveries:

USCIS
Attn: I-130
131 South Dearborn-3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

I'm not sure where you got the posted address from. If sending by USPS priority mail, this is the address you're supposed to use:

USCIS Chicago Lockbox

For U.S. Postal Service (USPS) deliveries:

USCIS
PO Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

http://www.uscis.gov/i-485-addresses

Yeeeesssssss! It means your case has been approved. Congratulations!!
Yeayyyyy!!!
First of all, really thank you for your help @Sm1smom !!! If it was not this forum I would be lost during the process! And the spreadsheet was perfect! I sent all documents listed there, and on interview he just asked for passport, nothing else, so apparently your guide was perfect from beginning.
Really appreciated your time and help. :) Can not believe it is over :)
And one last question,
after receiving the card I can travel anytime right? or is there a waiting time for travel?
thanks again have a good day ALL

I'm not sure where you got the posted address from. If sending by USPS priority mail, this is the address you're supposed to use:

USCIS Chicago Lockbox

For U.S. Postal Service (USPS) deliveries:

USCIS
PO Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

http://www.uscis.gov/i-485-addresses

I didn't write USCIS Chicago Lockbox , I wrote only
USCIS
PO Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120
Is it correct? I'm confused?

Last edited:
Yeayyyyy!!!
First of all, really thank you for your help @Sm1smom !!! If it was not this forum I would be lost during the process! And the spreadsheet was perfect! I sent all documents listed there, and on interview he just asked for passport, nothing else, so apparently your guide was perfect from beginning.
Really appreciated your time and help. :) Can not believe it is over :)
And one last question,
after receiving the card I can travel anytime right? or is there a waiting time for travel?
thanks again have a good day ALL

Glad to have been of help :) And yes, you're as free as a bird once you receive your GC. You can travel out the minute you receive it or whenever you feel like, no waiting period/requirement to fulfill.