• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Thanks for your time and your reply, I believe I will be in July VB.

So you believe even if the next July VB comes it doesn't mean I will interview in July? Even if we sent the file to Chicago in. May 15th ?

That is correct. For AOS, I don't believe, I know for a fact that being current in a particular month doesn't equate to getting interviewed in that same month. For instance, for someone who is current in July, interview could be scheduled in August, or as late as September. Interview date is FO dependent. Take a look at the posted timelines (links to Timelines, both for DV2015 and past years can be found on the AOS spreadsheet) to get an idea of how long it takes each FO to schedule an interview.

Hi Sm1smom,

A couple more of "I'm probably overthinking this" questions:

Can we print both sides of paper (for example I printed my I-20s two-sided, since there's so much paper!
Can we staple stuff?
What service should I use to mail this to the Chicago Lockbox?

Thank you!

Yes double-sided printing is okay.
No, I wouldn't recommend using staples. I would suggest paper clips.
Delivery service is a matter of preference, although I would suggest using a courier delivery. My personal favorite is FedEx - that's not to say one couldn't use any other form of courier delivery of course.

It is the TB test, I got that the vaccine in 30 years ago but the doctor said if we make the skin test and showed positive you can't apply for AOS until you finish medical treatment and he suggested to do the blood teats which is cost $100 for each one of us. Please advise ? Is it true if the skin test showed positive we can't go in AOS?

The doctor either lied in order to get your money, or he's a quack! You can still do AOS even if the TB skin test result comes up as (false) positive like in the case of someone who received the BCG vaccine as a child, like in your case. The next step in such a situation would be for a knowledgeable doctor to recommend a chest x-ray to rule out an actual TB infection.

The doctor either lied in order to get your money, or he's a quack! You can still do AOS even if the TB skin test result comes up as (false) positive like in the case of someone who received the BCG vaccine as a child, like in your case. The next step in such a situation would be for a knowledgeable doctor to recommend a chest x-ray to rule out an actual TB infection.
You are so great people, thanks for your help.
I'm going to find another doctor.
Many thanks

That is correct. For AOS, I don't believe, I know for a fact that being current in a particular month doesn't equate to getting interviewed in that same month. For instance, for someone who is current in July, interview could be scheduled in August, or as late as September. Interview date is FO dependent. Take a look at the posted timelines (links to Timelines, both for DV2015 and past years can be found on the AOS spreadsheet) to get an idea of how long it takes each FO to schedule an interview.
In the sheet, First 2 people waived from the interview and got the GC?

You are so great people, thanks for your help.
I'm going to find another doctor.
Many thanks
Find a doctor that's willing to just do the X-Rays to start with perhaps? My doctor said that I need to come earlier in the day for the result because they may have to take an X-Ray in case the test was positive. Also, I'm pretty sure you can continue with the AOS process but would have to get treatment for TB while doing so if the X-Ray is also positive. At least that's what other (non-DV) people I know had to do.

Hello,
I am planning to pay the AOS fees by money order for 2 people. Do I have to make two money orders or just the one? what should I mention in the money order?
Thnaks!

Find a doctor that's willing to just do the X-Rays to start with perhaps? My doctor said that I need to come earlier in the day for the result because they may have to take an X-Ray in case the test was positive. Also, I'm pretty sure you can continue with the AOS process but would have to get treatment for TB while doing so if the X-Ray is also positive. At least that's what other (non-DV) people I know had to do.

Most doctors will not agree to start with an X-ray unless you're able to show them the previous reading with the false positive result. They're required to have on record an actual reading of the skin test, unless they're using the blood test option in place of the skin test.

Hello,
I am planning to pay the AOS fees by money order for 2 people. Do I have to make two money orders or just the one? what should I mention in the money order?
Thnaks!

It is advisable to have a separate money order for each person - that makes it possible for them to keep processing if there's an issue with one application and it needs to be sent back. Put the CN on the memo line of both.

It is advisable to have a separate money order for each person - that makes it possible for them to keep processing if there's an issue with one application and it needs to be sent back. Put the CN on the memo line of both.
Ok Thank you.. I shall follow that

Hi Mom,

I was on Interview today. Officer asked me small questions about my application, supporting documents and my current status. Then he told me that everything is good and he is going to send fax to KCC to request the number of GCs available at this moment. When he receives the answer he will approve my AOS and will send the card. I think everything is normal, right?

Hi Mom,

I was on Interview today. Officer asked me small questions about my application, supporting documents and my current status. Then he told me that everything is good and he is going to send fax to KCC to request the number of GCs available at this moment. When he receives the answer he will approve my AOS and will send the card. I think everything is normal, right?

Seems like the IO isn't qualified to approve the case on his own and needs to consult with a supervisor first, I'm deducing this from the crap he said about consulting KCC regarding the number of GCs currently available as there's no such thing as that. He get's case file from KCC and logs into IVANSWEB to get a visa number. Anyway, nothing to worry about from your end, they will get things resolved. Congratulations on coming this far, hopefully you will get a CPO notification soon.

Congratulations to your wife, and by extension to you too - things are gradually getting to the desired end for you both.

1. Disregard what that message says, it's a generic information which gets sent out, not relevant to your case.

2. I would suggest you wait for the actual Welcome Notice to arrive (and possibly the GC itself) following which you can send copies of those to your IO.
Thanks Mom, I will just wait for the original paper based Welcome Notice and GC. It's just in my paper from IO, it is mentioned that no later than 30 days of the actual approval date of primary applicant, i need to submit it.

Thank you
Xenon_Writer

Thanks Mom, I will just wait for the original paper based Welcome Notice and GC. It's just in my paper from IO, it is mentioned that no later than 30 days of the actual approval date of primary applicant, i need to submit it.

Thank you
Xenon_Writer

I understand. The Welcome Letter and actual GC should show up within the next 1 - 2 weeks, which should be less than 30 days from the actual date of approval.

Thanks all for the responses. My lawyer dropped off an inquiry this morning at USCIS, I'll let you all know how it goes.

Another random question - does anyone know what explains inconsistencies in the online case status system? I've seen some people on here say that the system updates for them every step of the way; initially, then when they have their interview, then when they get an RFE, etc... Mine, on the other hand, has stayed stuck on "received fingerprint fees" in December and nothing since. Does the system malfunction? Does it indicate a different way the application is processed? Does this mean I won't get a CPO and I'll have to wait for the welcome letter? (I think Mom previously said that it will eventually update regardless, but the computer scientist in me wants to understand why some applications work differently if there's a reason!)

Thanks all for the responses. My lawyer dropped off an inquiry this morning at USCIS, I'll let you all know how it goes.

Another random question - does anyone know what explains inconsistencies in the online case status system? I've seen some people on here say that the system updates for them every step of the way; initially, then when they have their interview, then when they get an RFE, etc... Mine, on the other hand, has stayed stuck on "received fingerprint fees" in December and nothing since. Does the system malfunction? Does it indicate a different way the application is processed? Does this mean I won't get a CPO and I'll have to wait for the welcome letter? (I think Mom previously said that it will eventually update regardless, but the computer scientist in me wants to understand why some applications work differently if there's a reason!)

AFAIK, for DV based AOS, the status does not change until after the case gets adjudicated one way or the other. Never read/heard of any DV based AOSer stating it has ever changed every step of the way for them prior to being approved, so I'm not sure which "people on here" you're referring to.