• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Newark FO has been one of the more satisfactory FOs for DV-2014. They definitely know the specifics of the DV process (which is a huge plus) and have been average or better than average in how long it takes them to schedule the interview. DV selectees assigned to Newark have not reported any headaches.

They were not so much satisfactory before 2013.
Thanks so much for this c1984! Helps a lot!

Hi all,
My CN is AS17xxx and already submitted DS-260 form, and got my 2NL recently (AOS route, am already living in the US under H1-B).

After seeing the last visa bulletin, the CN cut-off for Asia is 13350,
most likely my CN will never get to the review phase, I'm reluctant to pay the $330 DV fee right away, and I don't see any deadline (right?).

Can I wait till maybe March 2015 and see if there is a chance? Or that would be a bad idea because its too late to pay the DV fee?

Last edited:
Hi all,
My CN is AS17xxx and already submitted DS-260 form, and got my 2NL recently (AOS route, am already living in the US under H1-B).

After seeing the last visa bulletin, the CN cut-off for Asia is 13350,
most likely my CN will never get to the review phase, I'm reluctant to pay the $330 DV fee right away, and I don't see any deadline (right?).

Can I wait till maybe March 2015 and see if there is a chance? Or that would be a bad idea because its too late to pay the DV fee?

Yes you can wait until then, and you are right to do so.

All AOS applicants who submit the DS-260 will get the type of email confirmation from KCC that you received as soon as KCC is done going over their form, and it is not CN based. This is what is refered to as the 2NL for AOS applicants.

The process is slightly different for CP applicants, they may get a submission confirmation email upon submitting the DS-260 form if they activate the send me an email option, they may also get a confirmation email if they initiate contact with KCC by emailing and asking to confirm their application has been submitted or it's in order. This of course is not the 2NL for CP, that is only sent when the CN becomes current.

Hi Mom, I am new in this forum but I went thru your spreadsheet. Its very informative..Thanks a lot :)

I am selected for DV 2015...My case no is AS2014000086xx, I have submitted my DS-260 on Jun 20th and received the email confirmation with the barcode right away. Now I am waiting to receive the 2nd confirmation from KCC.
1. When do you think my case no will be current as I am from Nepal?
2. Shall I go ahead and pay the AOS fee and start preparing docs as I am currently residing in US under H1B Visa?
3. What will be the possibilities of me getting the 2nd email/letter from KCC coz without that there is no use to moving forward and I believe here is a quota unto 50,000 only?
4. Lastly, even if I get the 2nd email/letter from KCC, and I process all the needed docs, when do you think I can get the Green Card in my hand?

I really appreciate your time in responding me. Thanks :)

Hi Mom, I am new in this forum but I went thru your spreadsheet. Its very informative..Thanks a lot :)

I am selected for DV 2015...My case no is AS2014000086xx, I have submitted my DS-260 on Jun 20th and received the email confirmation with the barcode right away. Now I am waiting to receive the 2nd confirmation from KCC.
1. When do you think my case no will be current as I am from Nepal?
2. Shall I go ahead and pay the AOS fee and start preparing docs as I am currently residing in US under H1B Visa?
3. What will be the possibilities of me getting the 2nd email/letter from KCC coz without that there is no use to moving forward and I believe here is a quota unto 50,000 only?
4. Lastly, even if I get the 2nd email/letter from KCC, and I process all the needed docs, when do you think I can get the Green Card in my hand?

I really appreciate your time in responding me. Thanks :)

Good to know you've found the spreadsheet informative.

1. Hard to say for now how case numbers for DV 2015 will proceed. We will have a better idea following the release of the first 3 VB applicable to the 2015 FY. In the meantime though, your CN could possibly be current anytime between June and Sept 2015.

2. Based on response to question 1, I would caution against making the payment now, you might want to wait and see the progression of CN for the 2015 FY before taking that step.

3. Everyone hoping to process AOS that has submitted their DS form to KCC will receive the 2NL which is different from the 2NL sent to those processing CP. For AOS applicant, the 2NL has nothing to do with when interview takes place. (Based on this question though, I feel you don't quite seem to understand the AOS process, so please go over the spreadsheet again)!

4. When you get the actual GC depends on whichever FO will be handling your case. There are links on the spreadsheet about FOs and processing times reported by different applicants. Check the timelines to see if your FO is there and get an idea of how long the process typically takes.

Good to know you've found the spreadsheet informative.

1. Hard to say for now how case numbers for DV 2015 will proceed. We will have a better idea following the release of the first 3 VB applicable to the 2015 FY. In the meantime though, your CN could possibly be current anytime between June and Sept 2015.

2. Based on response to question 1, I would caution against making the payment now, you might want to wait and see the progression of CN for the 2015 FY before taking that step.

3. Everyone hoping to process AOS that has submitted their DS form to KCC will receive the 2NL which is different from the 2NL sent to those processing CP. For AOS applicant, the 2NL has nothing to do with when interview takes place. (Based on this question though, I feel you don't quite seem to understand the AOS process, so please go over the spreadsheet again)!

4. When you get the actual GC depends on whichever FO will be handling your case. There are links on the spreadsheet about FOs and processing times reported by different applicants. Check the timelines to see if your FO is there and get an idea of how long the process typically takes.

Mom thanks for the response. First of all, my CN is 2015AS000086XX not 2014, sorry for the confusion. Based on this, will my CN still be current in next year? I thought I have pretty good/low CN!!!

Second, I m still confused on how to find the current CN. I went to their site: http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...ulletin/2014/visa-bulletin-for-june-2014.html

& didn't know which #, means current. Can u plz put some light on this?

Mom thanks for the response. First of all, my CN is 2015AS000086XX not 2014, sorry for the confusion. Based on this, will my CN still be current in next year? I thought I have pretty good/low CN!!!

Second, I m still confused on how to find the current CN. I went to their site: http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...ulletin/2014/visa-bulletin-for-june-2014.html

Your number isn't liw, but it is low enough to be current later in the year, around July.

Toward the bottom of the visa bulletin they publish a number per region. Your number must be below that to be current.

Yes, I know you're a DV 2015 selectee and my previous response was in line with that knowledge, so the response still stands.

For the Asian region and a Nepalese selectee, your CN is not low though it's likely to become current between June - August 2015 like I responded earlier.

Scroll down the VB towards the end till you get to sections B and C - the two sections dealing with DV related numbers. There are different regions with cutoff numbers listed. That means anyone with a CN below the numbers shown against their applicable region is current for that particular month.

So if you were a 2014 selectee for instance, if you take a look at the July VB, you will notice that under section B, the listed number for Asia is 8,900, that means you're current for that month because your CN of 86xx is below the cutoff number listed.

Britsimon and Mom...thank you very much for your response. Now Shall I wait for the 2nd email from KCC or call USCIS local office to get the interview for next year? It might be stupid questions but AOS is making me lil confused and your guidance will definately help. Thanks :)

Britsimon and Mom...thank you very much for your response. Now Shall I wait for the 2nd email from KCC or call USCIS local office to get the interview for next year? It might be stupid questions but AOS is making me lil confused and your guidance will definately help. Thanks :)

You need to read the spreadsheet linked from the first post in this thread. The process for aos is explained in there - but basically your 2NL is just an email from KCC that confiorms they received your intention to do aos. You then wait until the VB that makes your number current and you can submit your aos package then. So, the timing is determined by your case number.

You can go ahead and make the payment. And yes, that link has the correct form for the DV payment. So go ahead and print it out.

No point using courier to mail that payment, complete waste of money. Regular usps delivery should work fine, you can add confirmation delivery at the post office if your concern is to know when it gets delivered.

Hi there- this question relates to the question that I have, my CN is AF13*** and I have 3 questions:
1) Judging by the previous bulletins my number is expected to become current around November, I am adjusting status in the US so when should I pay the $330 DOS fee? As I would like to have everything ready when my CN is current including the receipt showing payment for DOS fee

2) This site http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...nstructions-for-selectees/adjustment-fee.html says cashier's check or money order is accepted, but who is this payable to? Is DOS or Department of State or U.S. Department of State? I have read that it can get rejected if the name is not correct on the check, but have not found the answer to this qu anywhere :(

3)Also people are mentioned emails from KCC, I already submitted form DS260 online, but I did not get any email from them....what does this mean? Did everyone else get email confirmations?

Thanks in advance!

Hi there- this question relates to the question that I have, my CN is AF13*** and I have 3 questions:
1) Judging by the previous bulletins my number is expected to become current around November, I am adjusting status in the US so when should I pay the $330 DOS fee? As I would like to have everything ready when my CN is current including the receipt showing payment for DOS fee

2) This site http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...nstructions-for-selectees/adjustment-fee.html says cashier's check or money order is accepted, but who is this payable to? Is DOS or Department of State or U.S. Department of State? I have read that it can get rejected if the name is not correct on the check, but have not found the answer to this qu anywhere :(

3)Also people are mentioned emails from KCC, I already submitted form DS260 online, but I did not get any email from them....what does this mean? Did everyone else get email confirmations?

Thanks in advance!

1. With your low CN you can go ahead and make the payment anytime from now if you like, it's not a problem.

2. Payable to "U.S. Department of State"

3. It depends on when you DS-260 form was submitted. KCC will send you an email once they finish processing your form and they see that you've indicated AOS processing

1. With your low CN you can go ahead and make the payment anytime from now if you like, it's not a problem.

2. Payable to "U.S. Department of State"

3. It depends on when you DS-260 form was submitted. KCC will send you an email once they finish processing your form and they see that you've indicated AOS processing

Thank you so much! Finally answers to the questions I have had on my mind for the last month or so. I called KCC to ask them same, the rep I spoke to was not even sure about the DOS fee :S I mentioned I am adjusting status and he advised to speak to USCIS, I said that is fine but I am asking about the DOS fee not the Adjustment fee...there was silence..and that was it.

Thanks again! :)

Thank you so much! Finally answers to the questions I have had on my mind for the last month or so. I called KCC to ask them same, the rep I spoke to was not even sure about the DOS fee :S I mentioned I am adjusting status and he advised to speak to USCIS, I said that is fine but I am asking about the DOS fee not the Adjustment fee...there was silence..and that was it.

Thanks again! :)

You're welcome. You're gradually discovering how easy it is to get answers here in this forum to questions that both the USCIS and KCC cannot provide clear response or guidance to. :)

Hi everyone!
First of all, thanks for all the helpful info on the spreadsheet... made a lot of things so much clearer and also thanks for this thread, I have been going through all the pages and found many helpful answers.
I, however, still have some questions that I would like to ask and I hope you guys can help me out with those as well. First, I am going to give you necessary info about me: Been selected for the DV2015, want to go for AOS, been on a F1 visa for the past five years and continuosly lived in the US since then (on status).
First question is about the DS260, when it asks for the last visits to the US do I have to include every time I went away to visit my family in Italy and then came back? (during these F1 years)
I also have another question in regards to the DS260 and it is do I have to list under employment the CPT work I started doing last semester? It is the first time that I worked under CPT this year. Also I have been on OPT back when I finished attending my community college, before transferring to my current one, but it was not a paid job... do I have to enter that too?
My next question is about the AOS package, do I have to include transcripts from both my colleges or the one I am currently attending? Do they want originals?
I have my birth certificate and vaccination record from Italy and I know I need to include a translation, can anyone do the translation (even me) as long as they include a paper saying that it is a correct translation made by a native speaker and so on?
Last question is going to be about the CN. Mine is 2015EU00019XXX and I have been told it is likely to become current around March 2015 , so when do you suggest I do the medical to include in the package?
Thanks guys for your help. Sorry for the long post, but this is all very overwhelming and I am anxious!!

You're welcome. You're gradually discovering how easy it is to get answers here in this forum to questions that both the USCIS and KCC cannot provide clear response or guidance to. :)

I know this forum is awesome and the spreadsheet you put together at the start of the thread is soo helpful :)

I know this forum is awesome and the spreadsheet you put together at the start of the thread is soo helpful :)

Sorry I have 3 follow up questions now -

1)I recently read on another website that if making payment too early for the DOS fee, it can get rejected? is this true? As then I wonder if it is best that I wait until Oct 1st to submit the DOS fee?
2)Secondly, I recently called KCC to ask a question and I also asked about me not receiving an email after submitting DS260 online, the rep mentioned that they are not sending emails out, it would only be the confirmation page once we hit submit that would act as our confirmation. I am confused as I am sure I have read people saying that they received emails - have you/anyone else heard this?
3)Regarding the education transcripts, I have a degree and I have my original certificate for this, would that suffice given that the minimum education requirement is high school completion? Or would I also have to provide the high school education certificates?

Thanks in advance all!

Last edited:
Hi everyone!
First of all, thanks for all the helpful info on the spreadsheet... made a lot of things so much clearer and also thanks for this thread, I have been going through all the pages and found many helpful answers.
I, however, still have some questions that I would like to ask and I hope you guys can help me out with those as well. First, I am going to give you necessary info about me: Been selected for the DV2015, want to go for AOS, been on a F1 visa for the past five years and continuosly lived in the US since then (on status).
First question is about the DS260, when it asks for the last visits to the US do I have to include every time I went away to visit my family in Italy and then came back? (during these F1 years)
I also have another question in regards to the DS260 and it is do I have to list under employment the CPT work I started doing last semester? It is the first time that I worked under CPT this year. Also I have been on OPT back when I finished attending my community college, before transferring to my current one, but it was not a paid job... do I have to enter that too?
My next question is about the AOS package, do I have to include transcripts from both my colleges or the one I am currently attending? Do they want originals?
I have my birth certificate and vaccination record from Italy and I know I need to include a translation, can anyone do the translation (even me) as long as they include a paper saying that it is a correct translation made by a native speaker and so on?
Last question is going to be about the CN. Mine is 2015EU00019XXX and I have been told it is likely to become current around March 2015 , so when do you suggest I do the medical to include in the package?
Thanks guys for your help. Sorry for the long post, but this is all very overwhelming and I am anxious!!

Sorry you didn't get any response prior to now.

1. You're more or less living in the US so put in the date of your first entrance 5 years ago.

2. List them both.

3. The transcripts in this case is really more or less part of your evidence indicating you've always been is status. So you can include copies with your application and take the originals to the interview.

3. Yes anyone competent in the language can translate it for you however you cannot translate it yourself and I wouldn't recommend using a family member either.

4. You can do the medical whenever you feel like, the important thing is to ensure it is not more than a year old at the time of your interview. You could be asked to do another one if it expires by the time they call you for your interview, the medical is usually valid for one year.