• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Does uscis process AOS according to selection number or date of reciept? I mailed my packet on Aug 20 and still no receipt.

Does uscis process AOS according to selection number or date of reciept? I mailed my packet on Aug 20 and still no receipt.

Date of receipt. They deal with a lot more AoS cases than DV cases, so processing by selection number would not be practical/sensible.

Date of receipt. They deal with a lot more AoS cases than DV cases, so processing by selection number would not be practical/sensible.
If that is the case, then what explains why some applications filed later than mine have already gotten receipts. Is the process random?

If that is the case, then what explains why some applications filed later than mine have already gotten receipts. Is the process random?

No, not random. They do some processing/checking on the paperwork submitted before they accept - and it could be that your case needed more time than someone elses'. The timelines for acceptance for previous years are documented in Moms spreadsheet. Your question makes me think you haven't read that - you really should!

@Britsimon , I second @faith100 's point. Few people who send their documents on 4, 5th of Sept. already got through the process including family cases, but there are some people whose document reached on August, including mine, haven't yet received notification.
I wonder What could be the reason they need extra time for some cases.

I am in the process of competing the DS-260 and would like assistance on the question of the last 5 visits to the US. I have been studying in the US for a number of years with a recent trip out of the US where I returned on July 24. If I list this as my last "visit" to the US I also need to enter the length of stay and a specific period must be selected from the drop-down menu. But I am still in the US so that stating a specific length of stay seems to be inappropriate. As it is a current and still on-going "visit" should I list it at all? If I must list it, how do I stipulate a length of stay? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

For me, I have submitted it as the length of stay to the date of the submission.

This might not be the right thing, but try not to include that visit because they know that you are already in the US as long as you are doing AOS.

Quick update from us: Sent our AOS package on August 28. It was delivered to the lockbox on Aug 29 and we received text and email NOA overnight today i.e. September 17th. Will check the mail for I-797 over the next few days.

Last edited:
Hello all

Update I sent my AOS package on Aug 25th and got SMS and Email last night September 15th

I applied for 4 ( 2 adults 2 kids)

I got two like that ( I believe for the kids)

Initial Review

On August 28, 2014, we received this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or contact our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

And 2 like that ( I believe for me and my wife)

Acceptance
On September 11, 2014, your fingerprint fee was accepted and we have mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. Your case is being processed at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

and also one for my EAD

so this is the famous NOA ?

Hi,
I got txt/email reply midnight Yesterday. 3 txt/email. (probably for - 2 person, 1 EAD) My reply is different from yours. Is this the normal acceptance reply form Lockbox mom @Sm1smom ?

Your case has been accepted and routed to the USCIS National Benefits Center for processing. Within 7-10 days by standard mail you will receive your official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) with your Receipt Number ***XXXXXXXXXX With the official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) you may visit www.uscis.gov where you can check the status of your case using My Case Status. We suggest you wait until you have received your Form I-797 before checking My Case Status.

This confirmation provides notification of the date USCIS received your case. This notice does NOT grant any immigration status or benefit. You MAY NOT present this notice as evidence that you have been granted any immigration status or benefit. Further, this notice does NOT constitute evidence that your case remains pending with USCIS. The current status of your case must be verified with USCIS.

Last edited:
We got the same email content as you NEP2015AOS

Hi,
I got txt/email reply midnight Yesterday. 3 txt/email. (probably for - 2 person, 1 EAD) My reply is different from yours. Is this the normal acceptance reply form Lockbox mom @Sm1smom ?

Your case has been accepted and routed to the USCIS National Benefits Center for processing. Within 7-10 days by standard mail you will receive your official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) with your Receipt Number ***XXXXXXXXXX With the official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) you may visit www.uscis.gov where you can check the status of your case using My Case Status. We suggest you wait until you have received your Form I-797 before checking My Case Status.

This confirmation provides notification of the date USCIS received your case. This notice does NOT grant any immigration status or benefit. You MAY NOT present this notice as evidence that you have been granted any immigration status or benefit. Further, this notice does NOT constitute evidence that your case remains pending with USCIS. The current status of your case must be verified with USCIS.

Hi,

Hi

I got two like what I posted and two like you posted (2 adults 2 kids)
I believe the one I posted its for the kids as they don't need to do finger print

Hi

I got two like what I posted and two like you posted (2 adults 2 kids)
I believe the one I posted its for the kids as they don't need to do finger print

Kids do not do finger prints, but they still need to attend bio appointment to get their pictures taken.

Kids do not do finger prints, but they still need to attend bio appointment to get their pictures taken.

Kids don't get a full set of fingerprints but they do capture their index fingerprint, at least this was the case with my 8 and 11 year old when we got ours done on 9/8 at USCIS in Manchester, NH. They were also asked to sign their name, the 11 year old can almost sign his name using running writing the 8 year old printed his name neatly as he isn't quite able to do running writing. (Paperwork was marked code 2) I get the index fingerprint as I believe it goes on your green card and seems to be used when entering the US but sort of surprised at the request to sign their name given their age.

Kids don't get a full set of fingerprints but they do capture their index fingerprint, at least this was the case with my 8 and 11 year old when we got ours done on 9/8 at USCIS in Manchester, NH. They were also asked to sign their name, the 11 year old can almost sign his name using running writing the 8 year old printed his name neatly as he isn't quite able to do running writing. (Paperwork was marked code 2) I get the index fingerprint as I believe it goes on your green card and seems to be used when entering the US but sort of surprised at the request to sign their name given their age.

I guess I should have clarified my previous post. Children under 14 do not get full set fingerprints for the purpose of background checks like they do for adults. However, they're still required to attend bio appointments to get their picture and thumb print taken for the GC itself. The picture and thumb print go directly on the GC.

For those with kids under 14, you're required to apply for a new GC for the kid once they turn 14 if they haven't acquired US citizenship by then. If you apply within 10 days of turning 14, you only get to pay the bio fee of $85, if you wait longer than that or until the present card expires, you're looking at paying for the full cost of a replacement GC which is presently around $405 or so if I'm not mistaken.

What in the world is happening to my application??? Tomorrow will be 30 days and no receipt. I checked the spreadsheet (thanks to sm1smom) for previous AOS applications for guidance, and it looks like I am the outlier. This application is making me anxious and really testing my patience.

What in the world is happening to my application??? Tomorrow will be 30 days and no receipt. I checked the spreadsheet (thanks to sm1smom) for previous AOS applications for guidance, and it looks like I am the outlier. This application is making me anxious and really testing my patience.

OK - yes, 30 days is too long. Are you sure the paperwork was delivered - which address did you use and what delivery method? Did you compile the case according to Mom's instructions?

OK - yes, 30 days is too long. Are you sure the paperwork was delivered - which address did you use and what delivery method? Did you compile the case according to Mom's instructions?
I used priority mail (USPS) and got confirmation of delivery on August 22t . Yes, I followed every letter of Mom's instructions.
I mailed it to USCIS, PO Box 805887, Chicago, IL 60680

Question about interview scheduling,
I'm part of DV2015 and current in October, our next step in the process is the interview scheduling and the interview itself, our file arrived at the local FO a week ago and out of curiosity I called the USCIS line and spoke to a level 2 officer, (not a particular pleasant experience to be honest) and he informed me that the office won't be scheduling DV interviews for 7 months (due to current I-485 backlog) and wanted to know why I felt entitled to jump the queue because I was DV applicant. I politely explained that I'm not trying to jump the queue but simply trying to understand the next step in the process and establish dates so that I can schedule my work, I travel both domestic and international and generally plan 3-4 months out. My question is what has others seen with regards to interview scheduling, looking at the spreadsheet a month after bio-metrics seem to be the norm for an interview letter, and secondly does DV applications get prioritized outside of the requirement to be completed within the Fiscal Year.

I used priority mail (USPS) and got confirmation of delivery on August 22t . Yes, I followed every letter of Mom's instructions.

Ok good. So it is 27 days and there has been a holiday in that time period. All is not lost yet - I would suggest waiting a few more days. With mine, I sent in three applications. Two of mine were accepted, and one rejected. I got text for the two accepted but nothing for the rejection until I got the paperwork.

I think you will hear back very shortly…it seems like they worked backwards…processing the latest they received and then moving on to the older ones…I say give it another week, I'd be surprised if you don't hear back by then. Best wishes