• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

I submitted our Adjustment of Status bundle on 8/15 and just received the Notice of Action(s) in the mail today 8/25, figured I'd share if anyone was holding out on submitting their AOS for DV 2015. I noticed when checking online that further processing is being done by the Nebraska Service Center, perhaps they handle the bio-metrics appointment

That's fantastic! Thanks for the feed back about the receipt of your package.

Yes, NBC schedules bio before forwarding the case file to the applicable FO.

Thanks Britsimon, if I understand you correctly the file being processed/sent to Nebraska is just part of the process and the file will go to Nebraska and then to the field office, probably another example of government bureaucracy at its finest?

Nope, not necessarily government bureaucracy at its finest. In addition to the NBC scheduling the bio, there are other actions the Center performs also. This is well explained on the AOS spreadsheet under the tab titled "NBC_Lockbox_FO"

HI Mom, I am preparing to collect AOS package forms. I-797 doesn't seems to be a kind of form that can be downloaded and filled, but is listed there in spreadsheet under AOS_Package. What has to be done for this form?
Thank You.

HI Mom, I am preparing to collect AOS package forms. I-797 doesn't seems to be a kind of form that can be downloaded and filled, but is listed there in spreadsheet under AOS_Package. What has to be done for this form?
Thank You.

I-797 is not a form that you the applicant fill out. It's a receipt from USCIS for services/benefits one has filed or received directly from USCIS. It's not applicable to everyone.

Thank You Mom...I have few questions:
1) Do I have to include filled I-134 (I am in a F1 Status).
2) Also just to make sure, I don't have to include educational certificates for my spouse. Right?
3) Can I include my personal bank account check for myself and a postal money order for spouse (She doesn't have a bank account). Will different payment ways affect the submission?
Thank You

Thank You Mom...I have few questions:
1) Do I have to include filled I-134 (I am in a F1 Status).
2) Also just to make sure, I don't have to include educational certificates for my spouse. Right?
3) Can I include my personal bank account check for myself and a postal money order for spouse (She doesn't have a bank account). Will different payment ways affect the submission?
Thank You

1. If you have enough income/savings of your own, you don't need an I-134

2. If you're the principal applicant, then the answer is 'Yes you don't'

3. The payment can come from the same bank account, she doesn't need to have separate bank account in order to pay for her application. Heck it doesn't even have to be in your name. If you have a generous godfather willing to make the payment on your behalf, they sure can do that. Bottom line, it is better to use the same form of payment for both applications.

I have a meagre salary of 26,000/year. :p. Do I have to include form I-134? I (principal applicant) am going to include my educational document, I was asking about my spouse.
No god father Yet..poor ass.. :D:D..
Thank You so much Mom.

I have a meagre salary of 26,000/year. :p. Do I have to include form I-134? I (principal applicant) am going to include my educational document, I was asking about my spouse.
Thank You so much Mom.

Your salary is above the poverty guide level for 2 people, so you should be fine without an I-130, but if you can get one, I suggest you get it and have it as a back up plan just in case. IOs have been know to ask F1 students to present affidavit of support at the time of their interview.

I'm aware you were asking about your wife regarding the educational document, and my response is still "Yes you don't have to include educational documents in your wife's package if you are the principal applicant" :p:p

Hi guys,
in my DS260 form, I have mentioned that "Secondary School Studies Completion" based on the what I had in a translated copy of my high school diploma. Do you think it is better and safe for me to contact KCC to unlock my DS???
Thank youuuu.

Hi folks,

I've been checking this forum for a while now and today I decided to give it a shot and sign up. As you can guess, I'm a 2015 DV selectee and my case number is AS000059**. I've been in the States for about 3 years. 2 years on F-1 and the past year on H-1B. I'll try to keep my status updated so other people can use the information. Fingers crossed and good luck to everyone!

Cheers,
Armin (this is not my actual name)

Last edited:
Thank You so much Mom.

And to what's been said above, you still have time the "godfather", as you don't have to include I-134 in your package and you can always just take it (and the rest of the sponsor papers) with you to the interview.
I was on an F-1 visa with the salary slightly above the poverty level, so I didn't want to run the risk of being rejected because of the financial issues. I prepared the sponsor papers, but the IO didn't ask for them.

Good luck!