• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Friends, What your your best tips for assembling and sending AOS Packages on? Any key suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and best wishes for a great week end!

Come on girl, all that information can be found on the AOS spreadsheet.

Filing Tips:
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=72a927c382f39110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD&vgnextchannel=fe529c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Mailing Tips:
http://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-and-fees/general-tips-assembling-applications-mailing

I suggest you print out all the pages of the AOS spreadsheet and turn it into a "Daily Read" :p

Thanks ndubs, I have seen those but wanted some insights from those who have actually successfully submitted theirs...
USCIS provide advice here: [url]http://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-and-fees/general-tips-assembling-applications-mailing
[/URL]

I was looking at blogs and stuff and seeing some people use folders to separate various forms, highlighters to draw attention to certain things, separators, etc., all to present their package in the best way possible so I wanted to check with veterans here what's best…hence the question... I've seen the list in the spreadsheet, that's what I've gone by to put our files together. I was talking more actual packaging but I hear you guys.:)

Ifitis2be, are you including a cover letter summarizing what is in the package? Some say yes some say no, wondering if it even makes a difference..
It probably doesn't really make a difference but I have a simple one typed up with name alien registration #, Case number, then a subject line that says i-485 based on DV, etc. then list of docs, grouped in 7 items based on excel sheet ( evidence of eligibility, identity docs, etc.). It mostly helps me be organized

Makes sense - was just curious more than anything to see if it really would help, based on them being not the brightest crayons in the box, that is.

Makes sense - was just curious more than anything to see if it really would help, based on them being not the brightest crayons in the box, that is.
LOLLL…Maybe if you do just keep it reaaaally simple and helpful so as not to confuse them?

Personally, I feel it's a waste of time, paper and ink. The DV selectee letter is supposed to serve the purpose of pointing out that it's a DV based application and there's already a process in place for fast forwarding the cases once they're accepted. The Chicago Lockbox already knows to attach a special colored paper indicating it should be prioritized before shipping the package to NBC following which they find their ways to their respective FOs. I do not think any attention is paid to the cover letter.

I think all the cover letter does is to give an applicant ' a feel good feeling' so based on that I wouldn't discourage anyone who feels a need to attach it.

Mom, Simon, do you think mentioning the August 2013 memo in the cover letter is a good idea? I'm current in October and planning to send the package next week :confused:

Mom, Simon, do you think mentioning the August 2013 memo in the cover letter is a good idea? I'm current in October and planning to send the package next week :confused:

It's your call. Again if you read my previous post which is directly above yours, you would have seen what I said about the fact that I don't think cover letters carry any impact. But including the relevant section of the memo itself is a good idea.

I submitted our Adjustment of Status bundle on 8/15 and just received the Notice of Action(s) in the mail today 8/25, figured I'd share if anyone was holding out on submitting their AOS for DV 2015. I noticed when checking online that further processing is being done by the Nebraska Service Center, perhaps they handle the bio-metrics appointment

Last edited:
I submitted our Adjustment of Status bundle on 8/15 and just received the Notice of Action(s) in the mail today 8/25, figured I'd share if anyone was holding out on submitting their AOS for DV 2015.
Good job Hammer67! following suit this week! Bravo

I submitted our Adjustment of Status bundle on 8/15 and just received the Notice of Action(s) in the mail today 8/25, figured I'd share if anyone was holding out on submitting their AOS for DV 2015. I noticed when checking online that further processing is being done by the Nebraska Service Center, perhaps they handle the bio-metrics appointment

The case will actually be sent to your local FO - and they schedule the biometrics.

Thanks Britsimon, if I understand you correctly the file being processed/sent to Nebraska is just part of the process and the file will go to Nebraska and then to the field office, probably another example of government bureaucracy at its finest?