• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Ahhh husbands….Sorry Simon and other husbands here…Mind you that mine received the 2nd NL from KCC a whole 4 days ago and never mentioned it to me! Just now I thought to ask him if he's received anything from KCC and he said, I have received something, but I am not sure if that's what you are talking about, go check my email…So I log on to his email and indeed it's the 2nd NL…smh, LOL. But so yea, KCC processed this one in 9 days!!! Waiting for the DV fee receipt now…Enjoy the week end guys

Oh yeah :rolleyes:! Don't we just love them :D

Hi Mom, we are required to file form I-360, which allows for filing I-485 concurrently by following the filing instructions seen here for Special Immigrant Organization Employee or Family Member; i.e. G visas http://www.uscis.gov/i-360-addresses. It is best to file them together otherwise you have to wait to receive approval of I-360 to include it in I-485 package...

Ok. Like I said before the I-360 has been throwing me off, couldn't say for certain if it's required or not. But I seem to recollect you mentioned you've confirmed that from an immigration attorney, so yes, if you're including it then you get to file with the Dallas Lockbox and not Chicago.

Hello Everyone,

@Hammer67 I saw in the spread sheet that you already sent your package to the Chicago Box, I also have a very low number, so you think is time to send everything?? or should we wait until October?

2015SA000X- AOS
05-01-2014: Status check: Wife Selected
06-01-2014: DV fee mailed
06-0412014: DS-260 forms Filled
08-15-2014: Medicals completed :)
07-14-2014: 2nd NL from KCC
Pending: AOS sent to LockBox
Pending: NOA (text+email)
Pending: Biometrics
Pending: Interview
Pending: Green card in hand God willing

If you number is current based on the September Visa Bulletin you can go ahead and submit now,
But the vis bulletin says "THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN OCTOBER
For October, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2015 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

It says october not september??

Hello Everyone,

@Hammer67 I saw in the spread sheet that you already sent your package to the Chicago Box, I also have a very low number, so you think is time to send everything?? or should we wait until October?

2015SA000X- AOS
05-01-2014: Status check: Wife Selected
06-01-2014: DV fee mailed
06-0412014: DS-260 forms Filled
08-15-2014: Medicals completed :)
07-14-2014: 2nd NL from KCC
Pending: AOS sent to LockBox
Pending: NOA (text+email)
Pending: Biometrics
Pending: Interview
Pending: Green card in hand God willing

Based on the Aug 2013 memo which allows for early filing, an applicant may be able to file 2 months in advance of when their CN actually becomes current (provided the CN falls within the range of the numbers released on the VB).

However, there is no guarantee the application will be accepted (there's a slight chance of acceptance) especially as related to DV 2015 selectees who are current in Oct. Reason for this is that Oct is the start of a new FY, the Chicago Lockbox folks are currently focused and used to seeing applications from the present FY. Of course having the application rejected due to early filing is not a show stopper, you just have to re-send the application package at the right time.

But the vis bulletin says "THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN OCTOBER
For October, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2015 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

It is the "September" visa bulletin, that is published in August, but gives advanced numbers for October.

There is a policy (described in a policy memo) that enables AoS applicants to submit their paperwork before the actual current date. That along with many other CRITICAL information is explained in the spreadsheet that is linked on the very first post of this thread. You need to read that without delay - to ensure you don't make some mistake and ensure your process goes well.

Yes, the VB is for the month of Sept, it however has the advanced notification section which deals with the month of October as well. In Sept, the October VB will be released and the 1st section will have the same numbers for Oct, and the advanced notification section will have numbers for Nov as well.

Policy attached, DV-Related I-485 Applications .pdf

To ensure timely notification and encourage timely filing of applications for adjustment of status, approximately 50 to 60 days in advance of actual DV visa availability, DOS, in consultation with USCIS, publishes in its monthly Visa Bulletin a separate “advance notification” of DV rank cut-off numbers. Such advance notification enables persons to file their Form I-485 applications prior to the time a DV visa becomes “immediately available.” The listing of advance notification of DV availability is meant to enable a person to file his or her adjustment application, even though a visa is not yet available.
This advance notification therefore provides an opportunity for adjustment of status applicants to file their Form I-485 applications earlier than would otherwise be possible, thereby enabling USCIS to begin review of such applications. This in turn affords USCIS additional time to determine an applicant’s eligibility for adjustment of status before the end of the fiscal year.

Attachments

• DV-Related I-485 Applications .pdf
    318.8 KB · Views: 7
Policy attached, DV-Related I-485 Applications .pdf

To ensure timely notification and encourage timely filing of applications for adjustment of status, approximately 50 to 60 days in advance of actual DV visa availability, DOS, in consultation with USCIS, publishes in its monthly Visa Bulletin a separate “advance notification” of DV rank cut-off numbers. Such advance notification enables persons to file their Form I-485 applications prior to the time a DV visa becomes “immediately available.” The listing of advance notification of DV availability is meant to enable a person to file his or her adjustment application, even though a visa is not yet available.
This advance notification therefore provides an opportunity for adjustment of status applicants to file their Form I-485 applications earlier than would otherwise be possible, thereby enabling USCIS to begin review of such applications. This in turn affords USCIS additional time to determine an applicant’s eligibility for adjustment of status before the end of the fiscal year.
Thanks for your help

I have not submitted my DS-260 as yet as I am studying in the US on an F1 visa and plan to apply for AOS but had to travel out of the US in the latter part of July. In view of the 30/60 rule I plan to wait until the end of this month or early September to submit the DS-260. In the meantime can I go ahead and remit the Lottery Fee of $330 to the DOS or should I wait until after I submit the DS-260. I have a low CN number which should be within the cut-off number for November 2014. Since the latter Visa Bulletin will become public in September can I submit the DS-260 and I-485 simultaneously?

Jeez! It seems like we kept over-looking your question!:oops: So sorry about that, it's not like the question is not important or we have something against you, it just somehow got over looked, even after re-posting. Sorry!

Because you're already in the US on a F1 visa, and you're not applying for a new visa to come back into the US, I really don't think the 30/60/90 day rule should apply to you. However, I like the better safe than sorry approach you're adopting it. In that case, I would encourage you to also hold off on making the payment until after you get back. The payment and the DS-260 submission can be done at the same time.

Jeez! It seems like we kept over-looking your question!:oops: So sorry about that, it's not like the question is not important or we have something against you, it just somehow got over looked, even after re-posting. Sorry!

Because you're already in the US on a F1 visa, and you're not applying for a new visa to come back into the US, I really don't think the 30/60/90 day rule should apply to you. However, I like the better safe than sorry approach you're adopting it. In that case, I would encourage you to also hold off on making the payment until after you get back. The payment and the DS-260 submission can be done at the same time.

A follow up to your much appreciated response.
1. I had travelled out of the US on July 13 and returned on July 24. If I submit the DS-260 at the beginning of September, which would be approx. 40 days after my last admission into the US, would that be safe enough in terms of the issue of "demonstrating immigrant intent"?
2. If after I submit the DS-260 but before I get the 2nd NL my CN becomes current, can I submit the I-485 or must I wait until I receive the 2nd NL
3. Depending on the answer to 2. above can I go ahead and submit the fee of $330 to DOS now in order to get the receipt early to include with the I-485, or must I wait until after submission of the DS-260?

A follow up to your much appreciated response.
1. I had travelled out of the US on July 13 and returned on July 24. If I submit the DS-260 at the beginning of September, which would be approx. 40 days after my last admission into the US, would that be safe enough in terms of the issue of "demonstrating immigrant intent"?
2. If after I submit the DS-260 but before I get the 2nd NL my CN becomes current, can I submit the I-485 or must I wait until I receive the 2nd NL
3. Depending on the answer to 2. above can I go ahead and submit the fee of $330 to DOS now in order to get the receipt early to include with the I-485, or must I wait until after submission of the DS-260?

1. I guess yes.

2. No, it's not a must to wait for the 2NL before submitting the I-485 package, you can always take it with you to the interview.

3. Yes, you can make the DV payment now, it doesn't have to be after submitting DS-260.

Hi. I am a winner of DV 2015. My number becomes current for October. I am currently on OPT having an EAD card. My husband is on F1 visa.
We already have done our medical examination, and trying to gather the documents for the package.
We would like to know what documents exactly we need to send since each of us are having different status. Does anyone have the same status with us that could provide more details? We are following the spreadsheet, but doesn't show specifically for our case, what we need to send.
When would be a great time to send the package?
Thanks so much.

Hi. I am a winner of DV 2015. My number becomes current for October. I am currently on OPT having an EAD card. My husband is on F1 visa.
We already have done our medical examination, and trying to gather the documents for the package.
We would like to know what documents exactly we need to send since each of us are having different status. Does anyone have the same status with us that could provide more details? We are following the spreadsheet, but doesn't show specifically for our case, what we need to send.
When would be a great time to send the package?
Thanks so much.

First of all, technically speaking, you're both regarded as being on F1 visa. Secondly the spreadsheet may not necessarily anything about anyone's specific visa status, it however more or less lists out what is required to be sent. It addresses all situations so to speak.

But if you have anything specific that you're wondering wether or not you need to add, then ask.

Hey there,
I am trying to start getting all the paperwork ready for my AOS package. Going through the spreadsheet, another question came to mind.
In 2012 I was on OPT and therefore had an EAD card, which is now expired. Do I need to include a copy of that too for the package?

Thanks so much!

It is my understanding that you are required to include copies of previously issued I-765, this is what I did with our AOS package that was just submitted.

It is my understanding that you are required to include copies of previously issued I-765, this is what I did with our AOS package that was just submitted.

Hello,

Does anyone know that for a person holding a OPT cart (EAD) what forms need to be in the AOS package? Other than I-485, g-1155, g-325a, and medical form??
Do I need to put my previous i_765 form?
What else?

Thanks for your help.

Hello,

Does anyone know that for a person holding a OPT cart (EAD) what forms need to be in the AOS package? Other than I-485, g-1155, g-325a, and medical form??
Do I need to put my previous i_765 form?
What else?

Thanks for your help.