• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Africa 81xxx

Allymac10

I won the dV15 and my number, according to the visa bulletin is no where close to the current visa bulletin. What are my options? Should I just give up any hope of getting a greencard? Please advise, I'm a student with a valid F-1 already in the U.S.

I won the dV15 and my number, according to the visa bulletin is no where close to the current visa bulletin. What are my options? Should I just give up any hope of getting a greencard? Please advise, I'm a student with a valid F-1 already in the U.S.

I'm sorry, but you wouldn't be getting a GC as a DV2015 selectee. The final cut-off number for 2015 is already set at 50,000 for the AF region. Give DV 2017 a shot, registration for that should be open in the next couple of months.

Your other options would be upon graduation to find an employer that can sponsor you for a H1B visa and subsequently sponsor you for an employment based visa, or fall in love and get married to a USC or someone with a LPR status who can subsequently sponsor you for your own GC.