• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 winners from Sri Lanka

Dear Members,
I am a dv winner of 2015. i am planning to go USA in June 2015. Just want to know the medical expenses there, since my wife is pregnant. What will the expenses if she delivers at USA. if not is it advisable to come back to Sri Lanka for delivery.

Your advices much appreciated

Thanks

Dear Members,
I am a dv winner of 2015. i am planning to go USA in June 2015. Just want to know the medical expenses there, since my wife is pregnant. What will the expenses if she delivers at USA. if not is it advisable to come back to Sri Lanka for delivery.

Your advices much appreciated

Thanks

USA : Buy a medical insurance that covers prenatal care. Otherwise get ready to pay somewhere between $10,000 to $100,000 depending on situation.

Sri Lanka : Yes, you can go back to SL, once you get the green card. Only downside is your child won't get the visa to enter USA.

USA : Buy a medical insurance that covers prenatal care. Otherwise get ready to pay somewhere between $10,000 to $100,000 depending on situation.

Sri Lanka : Yes, you can go back to SL, once you get the green card. Only downside is your child won't get the visa to enter USA.

Thanks Mr Perera for your comments.

can i apply visa for the child later. if so, how long will it take to process

Yes, the child wouldn't get a visa, but the child wouldn't need a visa in the first place anyway because the parents can bring in the child into the U.S. without a visa!

Yes, the child wouldn't get a visa, but the child wouldn't need a visa in the first place anyway because the parents can bring in the child into the U.S. without a visa!

That means child no need visa to enter to US. How long he/she can stay there without a visa. If i apply the visa what will be the procedure.

Thanks Mr Perera for your comments.

can i apply visa for the child later. if so, how long will it take to process

You don't apply for a visa because the child wouldn't need a visa to enter the U.S. or derive a LPR status from you and your wife provided you do things correctly.

If the plan is to go back home and have the baby, as long as your wife returns to the U.S. with the child before the child turns 2 years old, the child will be processed at the POE for his/her GC.

All that's needed to bring the child in is the child's birth certificate, international passport, 2 passport photos and your wife's GC - proof of your wife's LPR status. If you can, try to get 2 original copies of the B/C - one will be collected at the POE, and if that gets misplaced as it sometimes does, you will always have the second one for your records/future use.

That means child no need visa to enter to US. How long he/she can stay there without a visa. If i apply the visa what will be the procedure.

You don't apply for a visa. Child doesn't need a visa. Child becomes a LPR upon returning to the U.S. provided the child is brought in before he/she turns 2.

What mom said above is correct.
Just maybe worth reminding you that if the child is born in the US it is a citizen from birth.

You don't apply for a visa because the child wouldn't need a visa to enter the U.S. or derive a LPR status from you and your wife provided you do things correctly.

If the plan is to go back home and have the baby, as long as your wife returns to the U.S. with the child before the child turns 2 years old, the child will be processed at the POE for his/her GC.

All that's needed to bring the child in is the child's birth certificate, international passport, 2 passport photos and your wife's GC - proof of your wife's LPR status. If you can, try to get 2 original copies of the B/C - one will be collected at the POE, and if that gets misplaced as it sometimes does, you will always have the second one for your records/future use.

Thanks for your reply. I didn't know that.
Found this link. others might useful : http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/legal_permanent_residents.html
See under "I am a legal permanent resident of the U.S. While I was outside the U.S., I gave birth to a child. Now I wish to return to the U.S. May I take my child with me?"

What mom said above is correct.
Just maybe worth reminding you that if the child is born in the US it is a citizen from birth.

Dear Susie,

Do the child get citizen ship from birth if delivered in US. What are the benifits that we can have when the child get citizen.

Dear Susie,

Do the child get citizen ship from birth if delivered in US. What are the benifits that we can have when the child get citizen.

Yes it does. I was thinking more about 'benefits' for the child than the parents , for example if it doesn't work out and leave in two years, you lose your green cards but the child remains a citizen and can go back if she/he wants when grown up.

Can anyone please advice on Affidavit of Support I 134. Any supporting docments of the sponser should be submitted to colombo embassy at the interview? I got only the signed I 134 from my sponser. Is there any required income level for the sponser? Thnks

Can anyone please advice on Affidavit of Support I 134. Any supporting docments of the sponser should be submitted to colombo embassy at the interview? I got only the signed I 134 from my sponser. Is there any required income level for the sponser? Thnks

The sponsor needs to include a copy of their ID which shows their U.S. status, so that can be their GC or US passport. They also need to include either their most recent W-2 or 1099.

And yes, there's a required income level the sponsor must meet. Here's a link to the current poverty guide income level requirement:

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864p.pdf

I have a London a-levels after I completed my o-levels.will this be ok?and I can proceed accordingly?