• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 winners from Sri Lanka

Mr.NAV

Please if you can explain how is usa expenses like schooling, traveling, foods and medical expenses …. Average how much money need u.s life for small family?

Mr.NAV

Please if you can explain how is usa expenses like schooling, traveling, foods and medical expenses …. Average how much money need u.s life for small family?

There is no simple answer to this (other than public schools are free so there are no school fees). It depends where you live and what standard of living you want. Cost of living varies dramatically from state to state, from big city to small town, etc.

MR.NAV

How is your U.S.A life? You find good job? How you feel sri lanka better or U.S.A better? Your kindly information help for us

MR.NAV

How is your U.S.A life? You find good job? How you feel sri lanka better or U.S.A better? Your kindly information help for us

Hi Sorry for late reply

Initially it will be little hard to do anything here,but later you will be OK. still i cannot answer your question as i live only 3 month here(USA). we should begin life here from zero ,as we came from 3 world country so we have to work hard here to build our life. i mate sri lankan people and most of them are success. they have been here more than 10 years.

MR. NAV

Really I happy to see your reply. I think there school chargers and medical expenses high know? Any way best of luck and I pray for you

MR. NAV

Really I happy to see your reply. I think there school chargers and medical expenses high know? Any way best of luck and I pray for you

Public school is free. College can be expensive but there is funding help. Medical is high. Don't forget pay is higher too.

Public school is free. College can be expensive but there is funding help. Medical is high. Don't forget pay is higher too.

I think you might want to clarify the "public school is free" part as meaning public schools up to high school. At college level, both the public and private schools can be quite expensive.

I think you might want to clarify the "public school is free" part as meaning public schools up to high school. At college level, both the public and private schools can be quite expensive.

I thought I did when I said college can be expensive... Sorry.
Also, I come from a part of the world where "school" means no further than high school so yes can be confusing in the US where "school" seems to go on forever - but I assumed the poster meant the same by "school" given where he comes from.

:(Month of May first week result release if not selected, why they said until june keep number ? if any chance have after release result also ?

:(Month of May first week result release if not selected, why they said until june keep number ? if any chance have after release result also ?

In the past there have been 2nd batches of winners released and also mistakes meaning people were misinformed of the result.

Hello friends.......... How are you all ?? What is going on this DV 2015 ? Still i feel so sad about DV2014 which missed.... Would like to know about the US experience of my friends??

Yes please tell us how your experience, about job opportunity’s, accommodation or house rent chargers. medical and other expenses . and you how many time applied this dv lottery? Your ideas all interested people very important

Mr.NAV

There is no specific answer for this. It depend on your state/city/lifestyle etc.
I normally keep track of our expenses, So in 2014 we spent roughly $30,000 for two people.
This includes foods, vehicle payments, gas, vehicle/medical insurances, medical bills, public transport, trips, food outings, utility bills, apartment rents, etc