• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 - Strange Case

natsha7

Hi,

Simply i won the DV Lottery 2014, sent my papers to KCC. Never heard back from them until i called to confirm that everything is ok.
KCC never sent me any email or letter of notification about the interview. it was by pure coincidence that i knew that my appointment was scheduled in June after checking the DV status check. this coincidence happened one week after the day of the interview.
So here the problem starts: I contacted the US embassy and asked for rescheduling my appointment of which they did to 10, July. On my appointment date I was informed that since I missed my June interview accordingly I have lost my case number and given the limited numbers for DV visa's available at the embassy, it is not guaranteed that I will get a DV Visa.
So in conclusion: it seems like i will lose my Visa even thought i won the DV, attended the interview and paid the fees simply because I rescheduled the interview. My case is still pending final response from the Embassy, however, seems like I will not be issued a Visa.
Has anyone faced a similar case? is this thing normal to happen? can you just loose your case number? any advice?

Thanks

Ok so firstly, I am sorry you missed your interview. However, one is instructed to check the visa bulletin for numbers and one is told that the letter will be on the ESC page, so I don't think you can blame KCC for this. You will also most likely find there is an email from KCC telling you to check the page in your junk folder, or maybe you changed your email address from when you entered?

This is actually the second time this year we have now heard of people possibly losing a visa number due to a reschedule. I was sceptical of the first account but this seems to be the same thing. What embassy did you interview at? What country of chargeability are you using? It's also very unclear to me what is really happening because if your case is still pending you have not been denied. I am wondering if you are with a country that is bumping up against its quota?

Please keep us up to date with the final outcome.

Hi,

Simply i won the DV Lottery 2014, sent my papers to KCC. Never heard back from them until i called to confirm that everything is ok.
KCC never sent me any email or letter of notification about the interview. it was by pure coincidence that i knew that my appointment was scheduled in June after checking the DV status check. this coincidence happened one week after the day of the interview.
So here the problem starts: I contacted the US embassy and asked for rescheduling my appointment of which they did to 10, July. On my appointment date I was informed that since I missed my June interview accordingly I have lost my case number and given the limited numbers for DV visa's available at the embassy, it is not guaranteed that I will get a DV Visa.
So in conclusion: it seems like i will lose my Visa even thought i won the DV, attended the interview and paid the fees simply because I rescheduled the interview. My case is still pending final response from the Embassy, however, seems like I will not be issued a Visa.
Has anyone faced a similar case? is this thing normal to happen? can you just loose your case number? any advice?

Thanks

The advice to others is do not reschedule your appointment unless there is a completely unavoidable reason. This is especially true at this point in the year.

Now, to your case, I doubt that you will have lost your visa. We know that even completely missed cases can be resurrected - so as long as you are not in a country that is near the limit, the embassy will sort it out. They just need to go back to KCC and "pick" your visa.

Ok so firstly, I am sorry you missed your interview. However, one is instructed to check the visa bulletin for numbers and one is told that the letter will be on the ESC page, so I don't think you can blame KCC for this. You will also most likely find there is an email from KCC telling you to check the page in your junk folder, or maybe you changed your email address from when you entered?

This is actually the second time this year we have now heard of people possibly losing a visa number due to a reschedule. I was sceptical of the first account but this seems to be the same thing. What embassy did you interview at? What country of chargeability are you using? It's also very unclear to me what is really happening because if your case is still pending you have not been denied. I am wondering if you are with a country that is bumping up against its quota?

Please keep us up to date with the final outcome.
Hi Susie, I kept checking my email and never got anything, anyone's thats not the issue. I interviewed in Jerusalem's Embassy and country of chargeability was Jordan.
Yes, my case is still pending, it was not fully denied. I was informed that i lost my number and that my only opportunity of getting a Visa is if the embassy is granted extra Visa's.

Hi Susie, I kept checking my email and never got anything, anyone's thats not the issue. I interviewed in Jerusalem's Embassy and country of chargeability was Jordan.
Yes, my case is still pending, it was not fully denied. I was informed that i lost my number and that my only opportunity of getting a Visa is if the embassy is granted extra Visa's.

Well, I've never heard of that, but then it has been a long time since we have not had all regions current at year end. Good luck, I would think personally that you'll get the visa.

Anyway this case at least confirms what some others have thought: that unused visa numbers from no-shows get immediately recirculated rather than holding up the process for others.

Where did you born?

This is weird. As I said to Chicago earlier today, a couple in Warsaw rescheduled their interview (2 months) to mid August and few days ago were told on the phone that everything is OK as "there is still plenty of visas" and they expect them at the embassy on the appointment day. So what the hell is going on then ???:confused:

This is weird. As I said to Chicago earlier today, a couple in Warsaw rescheduled their interview (2 months) to mid August and few days ago were told on the phone that everything is OK as "there is still plenty of visas" and they expect them at the embassy on the appointment day. So what the hell is going on then ???:confused:
Well Franko, when i called to reschedule everything seemed alright on the phone, it was only when i reached the interview that an officer informed me of this information prior to paying the fees and proceeding with the application. it could be country specific though

Well Franko, when i called to reschedule everything seemed alright on the phone, it was only when i reached the interview that an officer informed me of this information prior to paying the fees and proceeding with the application. it could be country specific though
You reschedule your interview via US embassy or KCC? It is strange because you should have a visa slot before you can have an interview. It looks like you have an interview without a visa slot.

I don't think it's country specific - there are no quota issues with Jordan itself; but it may be to do with AS region.

Kayend, the rescheduling will always be with the embassy because KCC will have sent the files on for the original appointment, and once they do that they have nothing more to do with the case.

Anyway I know of a few cases in past years where people missed or rescheduled their original dates and got visas. I think they are being over-cautious as this year has so many selectees, but I honestly think you'll be fine. If the interview had been held in mid-September I'd be a lot more nervous. I don't think anyone is running out of visa numbers in July.

Like i said in my last data check, seems that asia dropped in its quota compare to 2013, so asia is now running out visas for the late comers, but i hope you will still have yours ..
Good luck

hi there Susie, im very sorry about that case and it really scare me for an interview date to passed by, so pls here is my case number, 2014AF00080xxx, so from the visa bulleting when can i check the ECS for my interview letter,

hi there Susie, im very sorry about that case and it really scare me for an interview date to passed by, so pls here is my case number, 2014AF00080xxx, so from the visa bulleting when can i check the ECS for my interview letter,

Hi,I would have thought it will already be up on the site?

pls what is the link to the site, or do u mean my case has already passed??

It is the same site, with the same confirmation number,that you checked for your original selection.
I expect that your interview will only be in September but you will need to book medicals etc so check ...now.

thanks a lot susie, i just check and it seems certain that my interview is in september though i dont know the exact date, but i however have check the ESC again it's still showing but my win report letter.. thanks again and again