• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its been a blessing and i will forever be grateful for all the days we've shared 2gether

God declares in his holy bible that he fully and openly knows all the plans he has for us all. He continues to promise us all that he has a great plan to prosper us and give us hope with a beautiful future a head of us. From the bottom of my heart, i just want to say that its been a blessing that we have both shared this joy of 2014 DV experience and i believe that even from here to the United States, this love and friendship we've made from this E- family will continue to grow and live.

To all my friends and E- family, i just want to say THANK YOU to Mutu14, JONGE, KaiaUG, Family 2133, GITTA, MACU, ARNOLD NGANDA, akelloh, olelenku, NAIRROBA and many other more I haven’t mentioned, you guyz it has been nice knowing you all, and please this is not a good bye but we shall always be in connection with the dots any time from now. i ask you to grant us all your prayers and journey mercies as we set off on Sunday evening to start a new fresh chapter of life in the US
I fully have no doubts that each one of us on this forum will prosper and to all those who are preparing for their forth coming interviews in this month and those who are waiting for 2NL come what next month will receive it with joy and gladness.

That's my prayer

Ivan all the best with the adjustment...we shall surely meet when I come over.

Welcome

Hi 4turya...Karibu sana!!! as you embark on thsi journey after the laborious and stressful process to make it happen..I believe God has been faithful and wishing you his mercies as you and family take the crucial step of making the atlantic flight.I trust all will be well..just that be prepared to be really tired !!!!..anyway,by now thats something that you must be used to and u know how to deal with...I agree this forum has really brought out the best in us and what an awesome group of guys!!as the Americans here like to say!!
For all our brothers/sisters that are yet to get through..the VISA is yours..just be patient..for winners that I have not been able to know have won..congratulations..!!!
4turya..!!! Welcome and safe journey!!

Its been a blessing and i will forever be grateful for all the days we've shared 2gether

God declares in his holy bible that he fully and openly knows all the plans he has for us all. He continues to promise us all that he has a great plan to prosper us and give us hope with a beautiful future a head of us. From the bottom of my heart, i just want to say that its been a blessing that we have both shared this joy of 2014 DV experience and i believe that even from here to the United States, this love and friendship we've made from this E- family will continue to grow and live.

To all my friends and E- family, i just want to say THANK YOU to Mutu14, JONGE, KaiaUG, Family 2133, GITTA, MACU, ARNOLD NGANDA, akelloh, olelenku, NAIRROBA and many other more I haven’t mentioned, you guyz it has been nice knowing you all, and please this is not a good bye but we shall always be in connection with the dots any time from now. i ask you to grant us all your prayers and journey mercies as we set off on Sunday evening to start a new fresh chapter of life in the US
I fully have no doubts that each one of us on this forum will prosper and to all those who are preparing for their forth coming interviews in this month and those who are waiting for 2NL come what next month will receive it with joy and gladness.

That's my prayer

Hi 4turya...Karibu sana!!! as you embark on this journey after the laborious and stressful process to make it happen..I believe God has been faithful and wishing you his mercies as you and family take the crucial step of making the atlantic flight.I trust all will be well..just that be prepared to be really tired !!!!..anyway,by now thats something that you must be used to and u know how to deal with...I agree this forum has really brought out the best in us and what an awesome group of guys!!as the Americans here like to say!!
For all our brothers/sisters that are yet to get through..the VISA is yours..just be patient..for winners that I have not been able to know have won..congratulations..!!!
4turya..!!! Welcome and safe journey!!

Hi emmy10..Congratulations...!!!Karibu and safe Journey!!!
Hi all,

I have not been active on the forum so i guess the least I can do is post our experience.

My wife (Principle) and I applied as single in 2012 although engaged at the time. Got married in April, continued with life and forgot all about the DV application until someone from a cyber cafe sent my wife a message on facebook confirming if she is indeed emmy10 and if she could call his tel ASAP. She did, some time in the middle of may. We searched the net wondering if she should go alone, give it up or try our luck as married couples. In the middle of june we prepared the forms and sent to KCC without a marriage certificate because it had misspell on my names.

-July got my Birth Certificate names corrected (another misspell)
-July my wife gets copy of Birth Cert because she lost original
-Nov got passports renewed
-Same week got an affidavit for different names on ID and Birth cert,
-A week later returned my passport (more name issues) which was corrected
-My wife looses Birth Cert with Immigration stamp!
-January got Police Clearance for us both
-February 2 NL received
-Original Birth certificate for my wife is found (with no Stamp)
-Finally picked Wedding album from photo guys!
-March 2 weeks to interview messed my matatu strike; arrive at IOM 5 hours late literary the last guys to start medicals that day
-Paid for confidential results at NEC
-5 days to interview NEC never processed request since payment is 2,000 + 320 VAT
frantic- paid balance and crossed fingers
-4 days to interview, visited lawyer to notarize Birth certificates, KCSE cert and Marriage Certificate.
also to prepare affidavit for 4 different names on my Passports, ID, Birth certificate and Marriage Cert!
-1 day to interview print 85 pages of emails, facebook txts spanking 4 years; get bank statements for my wife; arrange receipts to show wedding payments and traveling (we lived apart for some time); printed photos before during and after marriage with friend and family; slept at 3 am

Interview day

-Woke up at 4.30 made sure all documents are packed and filed in sensible order
-Got Village market matatus, alighted at UN avenue
-at the US embassy gates at 6.30 and found the proverbial queue; women on one side men the other. carry your passport and 2 N.L to enter the first security gate.
-Queued for 20 minutes here; drizzled a bit; made joke about being rained on because no-one gets in without a thorough security check
-second queue inside the embassy gate (First gate) I is really cold here they have not exaggerated. If you have children dress them warmly then carry extra. Lady checks your appointment and okays you to a 3rd waiting queue. took 45 minutes to an hour.
-Enter a secure sealed room in batches of five (works like an air lock). Leave all electronic, metalic, CDs etc here. If you carry liquids you will be asked to take a sip! finally body screen and out in to the embassy grounds.

-Went in through the entrance (Looks just like a small bank lobby) at front desk asks for Letter and passports; Gives a small paper for applicant to feel details and queuing token. went bank outside in a nicish waiting area and wait for the token number to be called.

-wait for about 30 minutes: called to window 8 with a Foreign lady:
-Lady: Hi are you Ammy10
-Wife: Yes
-Lady: Is that your husband?
-lady:When did you get married:
-wife: After DV application before results were out
-Lady: Ever been outside Kenya
-Wife: No but husband has brrrrrrrr
-Lady: How long
-Wife: Brrrrrr
-Lady to me: type of visa and why
-me: brrrrrrrr
-Lady: Place your four fingers and then thumb for prints
- we do; she asks for: Copies and originals of: Birth, KCSE and marriage Certificates; then asks us if we read and understood the qualifications. She then asks we pay and bring back receipts. We pay in dollars (good idea and cheaper but be careful of fakes).
we are then asked to wait outside.
-Waited for 20 minutes then called for prints again. waited outside another 30-45 minutes
-Called at some window for interview.
-CO: Place your fingers to confirm prints again. (we do, Types into console for some time)
-CO: Swear that the information you have given is the truth ( wee do)
-CO: What did you do after high school?
-Wife: campus brrrrrr
-CO: How long di you know each other before marriage?
-Wife: brrrrrr
-CO: Sir what did you study in campus?
-me: brrrrrrr
-CO: ahhh like accounting?
-me: no like brrrrrrr (Typed some more)
-CO: Where do plan to stay if i grant you a visa
-Wife: With brrrrrrrrr in brrrrrr
-CO: (typed for some time smile for the first time) Congratulations, your Visa is granted!
-Wife: Thank you!
-CO: register at DHL separately, here is brrrr and make sure BRRRRRRR. she returned all documents except KCSE cert.

-The End -

Things i noted about the process

-use you original Birth certificate if possible (My wife's had no stamp from immigration and mine had a misspell and missing name
-Get an affidavit to show changes in spelling or name order etc
-notarize the documents they ask you to bring
-arrive earlier than scheduled (it will save you queuing time)
-the interview for DV applicants is straight forward do not lie
-convert your fees to dollars ahead of interview, it is cheaper and less bulky
-prepare all documents ahead of time and keep them safe

Farewell

Wishing 4turya, family2133, Partitas all the best as you partake the last supper tonite in your respective countries. Have a safe landing and remember to give the almighty a big THANK YOU!! When the distinctive ding rings inside the plane and the voice says its safe now for you to unlock the safety belts. Enjoy the memorable flight if its your first...as its the beggining of many more to come...Enjoy the new fruits in the promised land. Congratulations!!!! as you take the first step of 5 Years! To be naturalized and carry the Blue passport proudly. Then open the doors of endless priviledged opportunities..... God Bless all and America.....

That's my prayer

Family, I wish you and your family safe journey to US as you move tomorrow.
Thank you dear.I would like to thank my Lord for everything as you know my story.Right now my family and I are heading to Entebbe international to board at 17:50 with 4turya and Gitta. Most of Ugandan dv winners are to be there to see us off,that is the spirit the rest of the countries on this forum should adopt,let us continue to pray for one another.Brother Aimanda thanks for the love,I appreciated the farewell call today.Partitas I know your also boarding today safe journey and say hi to Hen' and the girls.See every one at Oklahoma convention.I love everyone. Let us keep Akellor's statement in mind "God loves us"

Safe Journey

Wanna wish 4turya, Family & Partitas safe journey as they cross the Atlantic. May Gods blessings be with you as you start new life on the other side of the world :) :)

Safe Journey

Wanna wish 4turya, Family & Partitas safe journey as they cross the Atlantic. May Gods blessings be with you as you start new life on the other side of the world :) :)

Thank you,we have boarded and are setting off rightnow with qatar,pray for us mates.

Thank you dear.I would like to thank my Lord for everything as you know my story.Right now my family and I are heading to Entebbe international to board at 17:50 with 4turya and Gitta. Most of Ugandan dv winners are to be there to see us off,that is the spirit the rest of the countries on this forum should adopt,let us continue to pray for one another.Brother Aimanda thanks for the love,I appreciated the farewell call today.Partitas I know your also boarding today safe journey and say hi to Hen' and the girls.See every one at Oklahoma convention.I love everyone. Let us keep Akellor's statement in mind "God loves us"

Safe journey Family2133...sorry couldn't be there today to see you off...but will see you in Oklahoma later this year....that is a promise...just keep us posted with the preps...God bless you and God bless America.

Thank you,we have boarded and are setting off rightnow with qatar,pray for us mates.
safe Journey my brother Mike, may God protect your family and all mates flights , Partitas, 4turya, and Gitta, I wish one day I will meet you in the USA. bye brothers and sisters. Please once you arrive don't forget to share experiences especially that at the POE(checking, connections, gates and terminal issues )

Last edited by a moderator:
QATAR AIRWAYS HITCH
I thank KiaUg and family for coming to the AIRPORT to bid Family, 4Turya and Gotta farewell. However Qatar which was to take off at 1750 hrs was hit by "lightening" en-route to Entebbe from Kigali n much as our crew had boarded they had to de-board at 1830hrs....for the plane to be thoroughly checked...by the time we bid our formal farewells it was 1945hrs n they were to board a Hotel Shuttle awaiting news about when their flight is going to be rescheduled. Tentatively we where told that the next Qatar AIRWAYS flight is the next day 31 March at 1300 hours.
Please pray for our Ugandan crew that they take heart n Hope for Journey Mercies and that they arrive safely to their respective POE.

Arnold.

Please update us Family, 4Turya and Gitta about the next events coz we are deeply worried and concerned.Arnold.
Thanks Anold.we were taken to imperial Royale hotel,though we have been inconvenience but we are enjoying the services of a 5 star hotel,I have been given a family Lounge and am not complaining.we are to take our fleight tomorrow n I will keep you posted.

Thanks Anold.we were taken to imperial Royale hotel,though we have been inconvenience but we are enjoying the services of a 5 star hotel,I have been given a family Lounge and am not complaining.we are to take our fleight tomorrow n I will keep you posted.
Family,
Thanks for the update.... n hope you get to enjoy to the Max n the Qatar compensates for the TOTAL inconvenience they have caused you GUYS. Please as KiaUG has said upon arrival keep us posted about the entire experience. Greetings to 4Turya (was visibly distraught) n Gitta ...I know the de-boarding experience is not a healthy one but take heart our prayers are with you our brothers.
Partitas I have learnt that you too r making the journey. Let's pray for Journey MERCIES that you too arrive safely at your POE.
Arnold.

So an extra day in beautiful Africa...cool...just looking at the brighter side...

Hi all,

I have not been active on the forum so i guess the least I can do is post our experience.

My wife (Principle) and I applied as single in 2012 although engaged at the time. Got married in April, continued with life and forgot all about the DV application until someone from a cyber cafe sent my wife a message on facebook confirming if she is indeed emmy10 and if she could call his tel ASAP. She did, some time in the middle of may. We searched the net wondering if she should go alone, give it up or try our luck as married couples. In the middle of june we prepared the forms and sent to KCC without a marriage certificate because it had misspell on my names.

-July got my Birth Certificate names corrected (another misspell)
-July my wife gets copy of Birth Cert because she lost original
-Nov got passports renewed
-Same week got an affidavit for different names on ID and Birth cert,
-A week later returned my passport (more name issues) which was corrected
-My wife looses Birth Cert with Immigration stamp!
-January got Police Clearance for us both
-February 2 NL received
-Original Birth certificate for my wife is found (with no Stamp)
-Finally picked Wedding album from photo guys!
-March 2 weeks to interview messed my matatu strike; arrive at IOM 5 hours late literary the last guys to start medicals that day
-Paid for confidential results at NEC
-5 days to interview NEC never processed request since payment is 2,000 + 320 VAT
frantic- paid balance and crossed fingers
-4 days to interview, visited lawyer to notarize Birth certificates, KCSE cert and Marriage Certificate.
also to prepare affidavit for 4 different names on my Passports, ID, Birth certificate and Marriage Cert!
-1 day to interview print 85 pages of emails, facebook txts spanking 4 years; get bank statements for my wife; arrange receipts to show wedding payments and traveling (we lived apart for some time); printed photos before during and after marriage with friend and family; slept at 3 am

Interview day

-Woke up at 4.30 made sure all documents are packed and filed in sensible order
-Got Village market matatus, alighted at UN avenue
-at the US embassy gates at 6.30 and found the proverbial queue; women on one side men the other. carry your passport and 2 N.L to enter the first security gate.
-Queued for 20 minutes here; drizzled a bit; made joke about being rained on because no-one gets in without a thorough security check
-second queue inside the embassy gate (First gate) I is really cold here they have not exaggerated. If you have children dress them warmly then carry extra. Lady checks your appointment and okays you to a 3rd waiting queue. took 45 minutes to an hour.
-Enter a secure sealed room in batches of five (works like an air lock). Leave all electronic, metalic, CDs etc here. If you carry liquids you will be asked to take a sip! finally body screen and out in to the embassy grounds.

-Went in through the entrance (Looks just like a small bank lobby) at front desk asks for Letter and passports; Gives a small paper for applicant to feel details and queuing token. went bank outside in a nicish waiting area and wait for the token number to be called.

-wait for about 30 minutes: called to window 8 with a Foreign lady:
-Lady: Hi are you Ammy10
-Lady: Is that your husband?
-lady:When did you get married:
-wife: After DV application before results were out
-Lady: Ever been outside Kenya
-Wife: No but husband has brrrrrrrr
-Lady: How long
-Wife: Brrrrrr
-Lady to me: type of visa and why
-me: brrrrrrrr
-Lady: Place your four fingers and then thumb for prints
- we do; she asks for: Copies and originals of: Birth, KCSE and marriage Certificates; then asks us if we read and understood the qualifications. She then asks we pay and bring back receipts. We pay in dollars (good idea and cheaper but be careful of fakes).
we are then asked to wait outside.
-Waited for 20 minutes then called for prints again. waited outside another 30-45 minutes
-Called at some window for interview.
-CO: Place your fingers to confirm prints again. (we do, Types into console for some time)
-CO: Swear that the information you have given is the truth ( wee do)
-CO: What did you do after high school?
-Wife: campus brrrrrr
-CO: How long di you know each other before marriage?
-Wife: brrrrrr
-CO: Sir what did you study in campus?
-me: brrrrrrr
-CO: ahhh like accounting?
-me: no like brrrrrrr (Typed some more)
-CO: Where do plan to stay if i grant you a visa
-Wife: With brrrrrrrrr in brrrrrr
-CO: (typed for some time smile for the first time) Congratulations, your Visa is granted!
-Wife: Thank you!
-CO: register at DHL separately, here is brrrr and make sure BRRRRRRR. she returned all documents except KCSE cert.

-The End -

Things i noted about the process

-use you original Birth certificate if possible (My wife's had no stamp from immigration and mine had a misspell and missing name
-Get an affidavit to show changes in spelling or name order etc
-notarize the documents they ask you to bring
-arrive earlier than scheduled (it will save you queuing time)
-the interview for DV applicants is straight forward do not lie
-convert your fees to dollars ahead of interview, it is cheaper and less bulky
-prepare all documents ahead of time and keep them safe

Congrats, thank you to share your story and welcome to our big family!

Status
Not open for further replies.