• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 Kenyan Selectees report here

Hey Jonge!
Nice to know the progress of your stuff.... I wish you well in everything buddy! And good luck to Mr Nganda, too. We guys are fine; we got our first car so we can now move around on our own although we have had to use the GPS on many occasions! We got our SSN numbers about 3 days upon arrival (and I know this is just amazing) but the actual cards came about a week after. Our GCs are not here yet but am trying to exercise patience. Still chilling with our hosts, who do not look like they want to release us very soon, lol! But generally having a good time in Kansas City, Missouri; although we cross so often to Kansas because of friends and church. Good luck to all you guys whose interviews and medicals are coming up soon. May the Lord uphold you and may His favor be upon you!
Thanks and good to know everything is working out according to plan...am hoping to relocate to Kansas city, Mo by the way...all the best

Hey my good friend, I see you case number was high, how long did it take to wait.!
@pasaris ,excluding the last three digits in ur answer what is ur case no.so you can have a rough estimate of how long you have to wait.for me,given to get to be current it has taken almost a whole damn year...

What a great Day it has been! God is the Best
INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE.
OUTCOME: VISA GRANTED

Slept for only few hour, The urge to go face the CO keeps your mind awake almost the entire night. Set like 3 alarms just to be on the safe side. Got to the Embassy quarter to 6, found like 20+ other people waiting to be ushered in.
At around 6 O'clock, The gate to the Embassy was opened, here yu make 2 lines, male n females. If you are Pregnant or have a kid below 5yrs, you go infront. After the first check you proceed to the next checkpoint where now you line up in 2 lines IV and NIV. Here the IV were being ushered first contrary to those other times where NIV go first. You give your NL and PP, That lady looks your nem on a certain kasheet then ticks your name.
From there you sit or stand on the right flowing the line.
A group of 5-5 proceed inside the room accordingly, here you give all electronic gadgets, anything metallic... Then 2/3 steps forward you get scanned again. Your gadgets phones, xray CD are kept in a kasmall box and you are given a kaplasic card kinda those of supa but this omce are small. Keys, coins are returned to you.
From there proceed to the Embassy now, Once there , get in give your PP n NL, then you get a Number which they'll use to call you for the rest of the Interview. Then go sit out side....Nothing more to add about the cold out there! Dress appropriately!!
After few Mins/hrs. your No, go in produce your docs here you are given a ka green sheet to go pay at the end of the counter...after paying, return the receipt to the person who took your docs then move out n wait again.
Few more min/hrs out there your No flashes on a kascreen out there, You get in again to the specified counter and you fingerprints are taken. From there you can sit in the room or go out and wait. I was prefering sitting out in the cold because we had a kamkuji which kept all of us busy joking and laugh out loud out there. I guess it helped ease the anxiety alot.
Almost all the guys who were out there got their visas, only one didn't and it's because he hadn't come forward with G-cdct.
Finally my No came out and I was at the washrooms, so came fast upto window 9.
The CO, Black-American very niiiice Lady... lol
So after saying hello n swearing...

CO: Whats your name

ME: Jorj

CO: When did you sit for KCSE

ME: 20..

CO: What are you doing now?

ME: blah blah

CO: Whose your host

ME: My Aunt n Uncle

CO: Which state

ME: Calif...

CO: I'm going to approve your visa Jorj so you live permanently in US Congratulations. I'm giving back your original kcse cert plus birth cert then goes ahead to Explains about dhl n USCIS fee.

ME: kibig Thaaaank you.

After there, go give the supa card back and pick your belongings. Switchd on the phone and got 10 voicemail messages....
Thanks be to God, may he keep on blessing all of us. Thanks everyone for your continued support in everythin. Thank you guys, all the best in your Future endeavours. ;-) ;) ;) ;)

Any typos, left out info may I be pardoned
Btw the CO asks questions very fast, listen carefully, ask if you dont understand.

Last edited:
INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE.

Slept for only few hour, The urge to go face the CO keeps your mind awake almost the entire night. Set like 3 alarms just to be on the safe side. Got to the Embassy quarter to 6, found like 20+ other people waiting to be ushered in.
At around 6 O'clock, The gate to the Embassy was opened, here yu make 2 lines, male n females. If you are Pregnant or have a kid below 5yrs, you go infront. After the first check you proceed to the next checkpoint where now you line up in 2 lines IV and NIV. Here the IV were being ushered first contrary to those other times where NIV go first. You give your NL and PP, That lady looks your nem on a certain kasheet then ticks your name.
A group of 5-5 proceed inside the room accordingly, here you give all electronic gadgets, anything metallic... Then 2/3 steps forward you get scanned again. Your gadgets phones, xray CD are kept in a kasmall box and you are given a kaplasic card kinda those of supa but this omce are small. Keys, coins are returned to you.
From there proceed to the Embassy now, Once there , get in give your PP n NL, then you get a Number which they'll use to call you for the rest of the Interview. Then go sit out side....Nothing more to add about the cold out there! Dress appropriately!!
After few Mins/hrs. your No, go in produce your docs here you are given a ka green sheet to go pay at the end of the counter...after paying, return the receipt to the person who took your docs then move out n wait again.
Few more min/hrs out there your No flashes on a kascreen out there, You get in again to the specified counter and you fingerprints are taken. From there you can sit in the room or go out and wait. I was prefering sitting out in the cold because we had a kamkuji which kept all of us busy joking and laugh out loud out there. I guess it helped ease the anxiety alot.
Almost all the guys who were out there got their visas, only one didn't and it's because he hadn't come forward with G-cdct.

CO: I'm going to approve your visa Jorj so you live permanently in US Congratulations. I'm giving back your original kcse cert plus birth cert then goes ahead to Explains about dhl n USCIS fee.

After there, go give the supa card back and pick your belongings. Switch on the phone and got 10 voicemail messages....lol
Thanks be to God, may he keep on blessing all of us. Thanks everyone for your continued support in everythin. Thank you guys, all the best in your Future endeavours. ;-) ;) ;) ;)

Btw the CO asks questions very fast, listen carefully, ask if you didn't understand.

Yeehaw! Come on over to California! Congratulations!

INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE.

After there, go give the supa card back and pick your belongings. Switchd on the phone and got 10 voicemail messages....

Btw the CO asks questions very fast, listen carefully, ask if you dont understand.

Congratulations Jorj..the journey starts now. All the best

I have been enjoying reading your posts guys though im not from Kenya .This 2014 house has been a handy tool for me.Thank you a lot guys for such informative highlights.As all draws to an end i wish you all yet to be interviewed the best of all.May His light and favor shine upon you through all futurity.Our year is about to begin and your experiences you shared with us will definitely see us through.

@pasaris ,excluding the last three digits in ur answer what is ur case no.so you can have a rough estimate of how long you have to wait.for me,given to get to be current it has taken almost a whole damn year...
@pose its 39*** like how long one wait? Yours seems to be 2014 fiscal year, have you received an interview to date? thanks friend

INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE.

Congrats Jorj!! All the best with your new life in sunny California!!

I have been enjoying reading your posts guys though im not from Kenya .This 2014 house has been a handy tool for me.Thank you a lot guys for such informative highlights.As all draws to an end i wish you all yet to be interviewed the best of all.May His light and favor shine upon you through all futurity.Our year is about to begin and your experiences you shared with us will definitely see us through.
Noza,

all the best as you sail through the year. It has been one hell of a year for us here @ DV2014...we pulled through just...

@pasaris your number is a good one, you can go to google type visa bulletin and just check previous case number cut offs to see roughly where you shall fall in but I suspect yours will be thereabouts of next year maybes april or march?but cant be sure so i strongly suggest do a rough comparison by going through previous visa bulletins
@pose its 39*** like how long one wait? Yours seems to be 2014 fiscal year, have you received an interview to date? thanks friend

INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE.

Awesome narration friend...all the best with the preps for the migration to the States.

INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE.

C
INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE.

Congratulations Jorj,all the best as you prepare to relocate..

Congratulations Jorj. You narrated the experience well. How did you apply for your passport to be channeled through DHL? Nicy had asked that question but the question is yet to be replied in the forum