• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 Kenyan Selectees report here

Hi guys...quick pressin question....my interview is on 29th...so isnt that the official Ramadhan day?Or is Ramadhan on Monday?

Steena,official holiday has been gazzeted for 29th, the material day that you have been sloted for interview.Contact the embassy ASAP.
@ Prince John...thanks...lemme just call them.But thing is 2 weeks ago I had sent them mail asking to confirm my interview and i was told that the date is confirmed...so tht was before the Ramadhan thing...

Hi guys...quick pressin question....my interview is on 29th...so isnt that the official Ramadhan day?Or is Ramadhan on Monday?
It could fall on Monday 28th...if it doesn't and it falls on 29th, you might need to call the Embassy on the 28th to reschedule the interview

I know much has been said here and everywhere and you are pretty much loaded with info about moving to the US. However, I have a few cents to share also. I am not good at story telling but am good at story reading, that's why am not very much active in this or any forum. I came to the US as a student but few days ago my status changed courtesy of the lottery. Now, let's go. For those left with few week to stay in Kenya, make sure you know some abcd about your hair, especially ladies. For instance, where I live, there are no salons for Afro hair. We have to squeeze ourselves into the busy schedules of a few ladies mostly from West Africa who are available maybe only on weekends because they have there primary jobs too. The cheapest you can get for ordinary braids is $100. You have to make an appointment approximately two months before your can be braided. I get nostalgic when I remember the days back home when on my way to job or wherever, I could just show up in a salon and have my hair washed and styled. Well, some neighborhood have salons for Afro but you would still need an appointment and it is quite expensive too. Before moving here at least know how to wash, dry and straighten if that is your style. At least learn anything that could preserve you and kids if you have any as you wait for your appointment or for your paycheck. Also, the weather in some places is quite harsh, the products that worked well for you in Kenya might not work here. For instance, I shed a lot of hair before realizing that grease/petroleum, my hair and winter do not go together. Thanks to YouTube, I found different hair regimen that I tested and finally found one that was made for me during winter. Otherwise, I like it here that nobody cares about your hairstyle. I have comfortably walked in school, town etc with matuta provided they are clean and neat. All the best to everyone planning for their trip.
Thanks Joyce4 for the important info. I planned to polish my skills in braiding. That can earn me some few dollars when am free. God bless you.

Good afternoon my family,
@ exactly 10:35am my visa was granted,i had to wear my wrist watch so that i could keep track of time...thank you all for your prayers,wishing those with interviews and medicals all the best..am not good at narrating but Il try my best;;
i arrived at the embassy at around 6:10am and my letter was written 6:30am,i found a small Que,like 10people ahead of me.The guard at the gate tells us to remove our passport and appointment letter as they start checking us,one Que is for men and the other for women.That was the first check,the second one you que again and a lady check your appointment letter and confirms on another list on her desk,after which you enter a security room where you surrender your(switched off phone),among other things you have carried on a big basin.after they check you are given back your documents ,wallet but your phone is left in the room but you are given a tag to collect it later.
Then you are directed to a shelter where people wait to be called on the counters,but first before you get sited you enter the building where you are given a number,now you go outside and get sited and wait to be called.
First i was called to counter 4 where my original certs were taken and my old photos returned as i submitted my latest ones,then the clerk gave me a payslip to go and pay the 330 dollars,then i returned the receipt to counter 4,and was asked to wait outside.
That is the longest time ever,please take NOTE,for those who have not gone there,that place is seriously cold,its an open place with the roof covered so the sides don't have barriers..i wait and wait and i made friends with a Rwandan brother i met there,,,after hours of waiting my name is called to counter 9 where the C.O is..
C.O...do you swear blah...
ME: i do
C.O ..when did u complete high skul
ME:........
CO:Which other country have ever been to?
ME:Ug...
CO:Wch university
ME: Makerere
CO:who is your host
ME:i want to change my host (i had written it on a piece of paper)i give the CO..
CO:Your visa has been granted
ME:Thank you
The C.O gives me the green paper and asks me to go register wth DHL,and will receive my package in 2 or 3 weeks though tho on the green paper it is written one week..
Unfortunately my Rwanda friend was given an Administrative process letter that they had to confirm his Diploma papers,but i pray that it is confirmed soon,coz it was really sad.

I thank God for all of you and for the far he has brought all of us.We give all the glory to him.Forgive my typing error..God bless you all/

@ exactly 10:35am my visa was granted,i had to wear my wrist watch so that i could keep track of time...thank you all for your prayers,wishing those with interviews and medicals all the best..am not good at narrating but Il try my best;;
i arrived at the embassy at around 6:10am and my letter was written 6:30am,i found a small Que,like 10people ahead of me.The guard at the gate tells us to remove our passport and appointment letter as they start checking us,one Que is for men and the other for women.That was the first check,the second one you que again and a lady check your appointment letter and confirms on another list on her desk,after which you enter a security room where you surrender your(switched off phone),among other things you have carried on a big basin.after they check you are given back your documents ,wallet but your phone is left in the room but you are given a tag to collect it later.
Then you are directed to a shelter where people wait to be called on the counters,but first before you get sited you enter the building where you are given a number,now you go outside and get sited and wait to be called.
First i was called to counter 4 where my original certs were taken and my old photos returned as i submitted my latest ones,then the clerk gave me a payslip to go and pay the 330 dollars,then i returned the receipt to counter 4,and was asked to wait outside.
That is the longest time ever,please take NOTE,for those who have not gone there,that place is seriously cold,its an open place with the roof covered so the sides don't have barriers..i wait and wait and i made friends with a Rwandan brother i met there,,,after hours of waiting my name is called to counter 9 where the C.O is..
ME:i want to change my host (i had written it on a piece of paper)i give the CO..
The C.O gives me the green paper and asks me to go register wth DHL,and will receive my package in 2 or 3 weeks though tho on the green paper it is written one week..
Unfortunately my Rwanda friend was given an Administrative process letter that they had to confirm his Diploma papers,but i pray that it is confirmed soon,coz it was really sad.

I thank God for all of you and for the far he has brought all of us.We give all the glory to him.Forgive my typing error..God bless you all/
Let me be the first one to congratulate you :)

Congratulations Nicy,

thanks for sharing as well...all the best with the preps as you move to the States

U.S. Department of State: Consular Affairs
17 hours ago · Edited
The Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs is currently experiencing technical problems with our passport/visa system.

This issue is worldwide and is not specific to any particular country, citizenship document, or visa category.

We apologize to applicants who are experiencing delays or are unable to obtain a passport, Consular Report of Birth Abroad, or visa at this time.

We are working urgently to correct the problem and expect our system to be fully operational again soon. Its on their Facebook Page.

@Nicy congrats on your achievement well lets meet in US......about the Rwandan guy what color was the paper given by the CO to indicate AP??

congrats and all the best in your relocation may the almighty lord bless you more