• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 Kenyan Selectees report here

Hi Utamaduni. Please advise where u got your photos taken...and the price. Tks.

Simon had talked of Chariot studio, re-insurance plaza, ground floor. I was there today and took my photo and they have an ad showing that they do visa photos.
@Simon, why are you worried about photos? you were victorious yesterday. My daughter was a baby and this shows in the application photo. She and the other kids look a bit different now so if other CO will be very strict, I might find it tough but this beyond my powers.

Last edited:
Simon had talked of Chariot studio, re-insurance plaza, ground floor. I was there today and took my photo and they have an ad showing that they do visa photos.
@Simon, why are you worried about photos? you were victorious yesterday. My daughter was a baby and this shows in the application photo. She and the other kids look a bit different now so if other CO will be very strict, I might find it tough but this beyond my powers.

The photo recognition software will work here to show it is the same child. No problem.

The photo recognition software will work here to show it is the same child. No problem.
I never followed the instruction and the knowledge I had regarding photo quality.My daughters photo was done elsewhere(NOT ACCREDITED STUDIOS) and almost landed me in trouble.They almost rejected it..They had to consult...I don't know what could have befallen me..for your case no problem ,am talking of the QUALITY of the photos they require at the Embassy..

I never followed the instruction and the knowledge I had regarding photo quality.My daughters photo was done elsewhere(NOT ACCREDITED STUDIOS) and almost landed me in trouble.They almost rejected it..They had to consult...I don't know what could have befallen me..for your case no problem ,am talking of the QUALITY of the photos they require at the Embassy.

I never followed the instruction and the knowledge I had regarding photo quality.My daughters photo was done elsewhere(NOT ACCREDITED STUDIOS) and almost landed me in trouble.They almost rejected it..They had to consult...I don't know what could have befallen me..for your case no problem ,am talking of the QUALITY of the photos they require at the Embassy.
@Simon, quality is comparative, meaning how close or how far something in regard to laid down requirements.
So how was it in regard to colour, aspect ratio etc.?

Hi! guys ope you are all well. I left my motherland on October 25th 11:50pm on board British Airways. I arrived at the airport a few min to 8 and entered the clearance hall. On the waiting area i met a guy who was also a dv immigrant and by coincidence we were going to the same POE. We charted alot while charging our phones since i had carried my phone charger. At 1150pm we boarded our plane. We reached London at 5am and left a few min to 12pm. We arrived at Dallas at 530pm went through immigration and got cleared. We proceed to get our luggage and searched for it for more than 45min. We came to learn afterwards it was left in london. British airways staff at the airport apologized and took our host address for our luggage to be brought to our doorsteps.
My host was waiting for me with flowers and our first stop was McDonald. Then walmart to buy some clothes since my luggage had been left.
On 30th i applied for my social security.
On Monday 3rd Nov i started applying for jobs online.
Yesterday i went for my first interview and was to go for my second today Fri 7th Nov.
After the interview i was surprised to get my social security sent through my hosts mail
Today i went for another interview by a different company and am happy to say am starting my job tomorrow.
Something else in Texas you can use a valid Kenyan driving license to drive for 90days. You then have 90 days after entry into Texas to secure a Texas driver license. You can inquire from your state.
Any assistance talisman740@yahoo.com

we thank Gof. this far he has brought you. we travrl in Dec. would you mind sharing your job search engine n the kind of jobs u applied for....
Hi! guys ope you are all well. I left my motherland on October 25th 11:50pm on board British Airways. I arrived at the airport a few min to 8 and entered the clearance hall. On the waiting area i met a guy who was also a dv immigrant and by coincidence we were going to the same POE. We charted alot while charging our phones since i had carried my phone charger. At 1150pm we boarded our plane. We reached London at 5am and left a few min to 12pm. We arrived at Dallas at 530pm went through immigration and got cleared. We proceed to get our luggage and searched for it for more than 45min. We came to learn afterwards it was left in london. British airways staff at the airport apologized and took our host address for our luggage to be brought to our doorsteps.
My host was waiting for me with flowers and our first stop was McDonald. Then walmart to buy some clothes since my luggage had been left.
On 30th i applied for my social security.
On Monday 3rd Nov i started applying for jobs online.
Yesterday i went for my first interview and was to go for my second today Fri 7th Nov.
After the interview i was surprised to get my social security sent through my hosts mail
Today i went for another interview by a different company and am happy to say am starting my job tomorrow.
Something else in Texas you can use a valid Kenyan driving license to drive for 90days. You then have 90 days after entry into Texas to secure a Texas driver license. You can inquire from your state.
Any assistance talisman740@yahoo.com

we thank Gof. this far he has brought you. we travrl in Dec. would you mind sharing your job search engine n the kind of jobs u applied for....
I have applied through indeed.com. An agency called cornerstone www.cornerstonestaffing.com, simpyhired.com. All the jobs give their qualification criteria. You need to write resumes including cover letters when applying. Americans love experience, just include all the jobs you have worked in kenya. Bur id advise you breakthough to talk to you host first coz you need them when taking you to work and back home. Some jobs are done with shifts and it may be hard on you when you find a job that has a different shift from your host

thanks for reply...i have checked indeed.com n craiglist too n sent some so will follow up more when there. abut host its ok i know their timesn all. actually i was their host when they first came to usa n its a close relative so we kul... just wanted to know other sites..but i may have to do part time.my hubby going back to former employer so he ok. thnks n hope we keep in touch.
I have applied through indeed.com. An agency called cornerstone www.cornerstonestaffing.com, simpyhired.com. All the jobs give their qualification criteria. You need to write resumes including cover letters when applying. Americans love experience, just include all the jobs you have worked in kenya. Bur id advise you breakthough to talk to you host first coz you need them when taking you to work and back home. Some jobs are done with shifts and it may be hard on you when you find a job that has a different shift from your host

welcome banange yu were among 2014 few remaining to relocate in The forum ,am gud guys only waiting for winter ,here in maryland no spoted snow unlike other states like indiana,minnesota,pennsylvania and others may God bless yu Simon it's been along way welcome to the USA.