• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 Kenyan Selectees report here

Hi! guys am happy and great ful to God that we are ending the DV 2014 with our heads high. We still have time for those yet to face the CO . We have our brothers and sisters who did not make the final cut i encourage them to try DV2016.
I have a question to the forum. Which bank can i operate in the USA and in Kenya. I know baclays is international can i have one account for both countries.

Hi! guys am happy and great ful to God that we are ending the DV 2014 with our heads high. We still have time for those yet to face the CO . We have our brothers and sisters who did not make the final cut i encourage them to try DV2016.
I have a question to the forum. Which bank can i operate in the USA and in Kenya. I know baclays is international can i have one account for both countries.

@talisman, hi
The short answer to your question is none. Each country has different set(s) of banking laws which make it had to have one universal account (even with the same banking institution). So, even if you hold a Barclays bank account in Kenya, you'll have to open a new Barclays bank account when you cross over to the US. (I didn't think Barclays operates in the US, I had to google to find out...). Nonetheless don't stress yourself over this, you can always open an account the minute you are assigned an SSN... that's like 2 to 3 weeks after entry.

@talisman, hi
The short answer to your question is none. Each country has different set(s) of banking laws which make it had to have one universal account (even with the same banking institution). So, even if you hold a Barclays bank account in Kenya, you'll have to open a new Barclays bank account when you cross over to the US. (I didn't think Barclays operates in the US, I had to google to find out...). Nonetheless don't stress yourself over this, you can always open an account the minute you are assigned an SSN... that's like 2 to 3 weeks after entry.
Thanks xkyova, for the info.

NSSF (National Social Security Fund) MEMBERS

For those guys who want to claim their nssf benefits you need to present the following to any nssf branch office near you:-

Your NSSF membership card
NSSF statement
National ID card
Your passport copy with VISA
Copy of 2nd notification letter
Copy of your ATM card or any doc with your bank ac
Sworn affidavit that you're not going to work in Kenya again after immigrating
Copy of your air ticket is an added advantage but optional

Hope this will earn you an extra dime at this time & moment of need!

Hallo all...thanks for the forum for guiding us...we just received our visa,thanks Allah.Our case was pending since July due to incomplete documents but thanks Allah we managed and submitted the remaining..I understand the main applicant can proceed to the U.S and the rest of the family join later of course before the expiry date....but in family visa there is a statement as written below:
Annonation*
Valid only if Acc/FTJ Father/Mother/Spouse

Does this mean my family must accompany me?
Kindly enlighten....and I pray to all the pending cases God willing watafaulu:)

Please don't duplicate posts all over the forum, you already created a brand new thread for this question. Post once and wait for someone to provide an answer.

NSF (National Social Security Fund) MEMBERS

For those guys who want to claim their nssf benefits you need to present the following to any nssf branch office near you:-

NSSF statement
National ID card

@ Gidmog am glad you posted very helpful because i wanted to go get mine , how long does it take after you finish to present all the docs, thnx

NSSF (National Social Security Fund) MEMBERS

NSSF statement
National ID card

Please enlighten us those on the dark abit more about this NSSF benefits I keep reading about.

I closed my Barclays and opened a CFC account, I've used their card here and it works..Although I've heard NIC has a better online banking platform. Check those with low maintenance fees.

Please enlighten us those on the dark abit more about this NSSF benefits I keep reading about.
It's a requirement that all private sector employers must register their employees with NSSF. So if you have been working with the private sector & you were a contributor to the scheme, you can claim your benefits on the grounds that you're immigrating permanently from Kenya. You can process your benefits @ any NSSF branch office but @ Nairobi HQs it's efficient & quicker coz some branches may not be conversant with the process.

Hallo all...thanks for the forum for guiding us...we just received our visa,thanks Allah.Our case was pending since July due to incomplete documents but thanks Allah we managed and submitted the remaining..I understand the main applicant can proceed to the U.S and the rest of the family join later of course before the expiry date....but in family visa there is a statement as written below:
Annonation*
Valid only if Acc/FTJ Father/Mother/Spouse

Does this mean my family must accompany me?
Kindly enlighten....and I pray to all the pending cases God willing watafaulu:)

Junior6 congratulations and all the best with the relocation. According to the U.S. Department of State Foreign Affairs Manual Volume 9 FAM 42.73
PROCEDURAL NOTES section 9 FAM 42.73 PN2.1 Annotating the Immigrant Visa sub-section (c),
"Because a beneficiary may not precede the principal applicant in entering the United States, indicate if the applicant is a beneficiary accompanying or
following to join the principal applicant. You should use the IVO drop-down annotation: “Valid only if Acc/FTJ Father/Mother/Spouse.”

In other words, the beneficiaries can not travel to the US before the principal applicant. They can either travel with or after the principal applicant has done so.

I hope this helps.

see link below
http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/87909.pdf

@ Gidmog am glad you posted very helpful because i wanted to go get mine , how long does it take after you finish to present all the docs, thnx
9 years back it used to take a week or so but I believe even now it takes the shortest time possible if you do it from NBO HQS - A week or so even less.

But for you, you don't qualify yet! You must first of all get your VISA. So you still have along long walk home, be patient!

Wait a minute! You must get your visa before you claim your benefits, so if you're a 2015 dv winner just hold your horse coz you still have along long walk home!?

@aleki,

Your profile picture/avatar is highly inappropriate for this forum. Pictures of children posing with guns, albeit a toy gun, sends a message that cannot be tolerated here. Take it down and replace it something more appropriate or your account will be deactivated.

But for you, you don't qualify yet! You must first of all get your VISA. So you still have along long walk home, be patient!
@ Gidmog am DV 2014 n ave already secured my visa Aug 25, ave submitted all the required docs at nssf offices just wanted to know how long it takes for them to deposit to my bank
Thnx

Last edited:
how did tyt case go buddies?
Not yet,He is alive and kicking.May be- somebody (a Kenya 2014 diaspora forum mate) should send him an Uncle Sam token(appreciation) for being a staunch follower and contributor to that forum.God bless you.

Hello everyone,
Akello, tried to look for your email so that I can write to you but I can't find it anywhere. Hope you are ready to come over to this side!!

Last edited: