• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Interview

Has anyone been sent an interview appointment email?

I am selectee from Asia and my case no is current now. However I still do not yet receive 2nd letter by email or in status check until 21 August 2013. I wonder what is going on. Maybe KCC delays in sending email.

Hi,
I called KCC yesterday because my case is current too and they said that they r going to send the 2nd notification letter within the comming 2 weeks, so don't worry !!

Hi, my husband had been lucky enough to win the DV this year (2014) and his number is fairly low, 2014OC000013**
Going by the last few years that should give us an interview date of around June 2014. The problem is we will be in the USA on vacation in June 2014.
Is there any way we could do the interview and medical in the USA, and if so how do we go about change the embassy details.
We live in Australia, but are New Zealanders, and our embassy has been listed as Sydney.
Any advise would be appreciated.
:)

You can't do either in the U.S. because you don't have any status that you could adjust.

Hi, my husband had been lucky enough to win the DV this year (2014) and his number is fairly low, 2014OC000013**
Going by the last few years that should give us an interview date of around June 2014. The problem is we will be in the USA on vacation in June 2014.
Is there any way we could do the interview and medical in the USA, and if so how do we go about change the embassy details.
We live in Australia, but are New Zealanders, and our embassy has been listed as Sydney.
Any advise would be appreciated.
:)

You just can't be that certain. Apart from the issues others have mentioned about whether or not you can do AOS, what happens if the interview is sooner or later than you expect? Make another trip? Problem is you cannot enter (on either VWP or B1/B2) with the intent to apply for permanent residence on that trip.

You may need to change your holidays plans...who knows, maybe you get lucky with an earlier interview and end up activating your green cards on that trip!

Great timing. Although too bad the AUD has fallen. You might want to watch that and perhaps convert some to USD. We did that with Citibank while still in Oz, keeping it in an account there, then transferring it to our US Citibank account here (online, no wire fees).

Yes, good to wait for the police checks and medicals til you get your interview notification. Too early now. And yes, very exciting times!

Ah, the Big Purge! We did that too. After 12 years in one house, it's amazing how much we managed to accumulate, and we're fairly minimalist compared to many others I know. Felt great getting rid of it and having spacious cupboards and closets where you can easily see everything.

All the best!

Thanks Vishel

Great advice on the Citibank Account - I will be looking into that this week. I was thinking of getting a money card, but if I can transfer from here to there, that will be so much simpler!

The purge has begun - no such luck with my hubby and I being minimalists - we collect quite a few things, so working out what's worth keeping versus what's awesome but really not that collectable is going to cause a few arguments :)

I'm really getting a head of myself, but I wanted to start working on my resume. Had an idea of meeting with a recruitment agent while in LA in November so I could get a feel for the differences, and ask all the dumb questions of the recruitment agent, rather than blowing my chances later. I've noticed the job titles are different - I'm a Financial Accountant here, but appear to be a Financial Analyst or Staff Accountant over there. Also, the limited research I've done so far - resumes are limited to 2 pages, and more focus on your achievements, rather than assigned tasks/responsibilities.

Anyone else thinking that far ahead yet? Or anyone already over there got any advice?