• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Interview

The reply above got it right. I was wondering the same so I called KCC and this is what they told me: KCC will not send a confirmation of receipt email (unless you had sent your docs by email). If you want further proof that they got it--since in your case you already know by virtue of your registered mail--you can call them and they will look you up. Best of luck!

. . . as for the police check, I suggest you get on it right away because your number is extremely low, thus you will most certainly be called for an interview in October.

I am from nepal and my case number is 9xxx its from asia.. I am selected for the DV 2014 and I have sent my all required documents to KCC but I did some mistakes while filling the forms they are but minor like i did not write any thing in those question where I need to write N/A as the answer so I mailed about this fact to KCC and also got reply about that I can again send the form and so I did by sending the correctly filled form this time. will this be the cause that I will not get second letter? I am really tensed about the matter? asking a very factual view in the regard.

Chill brother this will not invalidate your case at all. You will be fine, those are really minor errors (you could have even gotten away with not sending in newly filled out forms). Best of luck to you.

Hi All

Thanks for the advice - truly appreciated. Britsimon, yes we're in the OC region - I'll try to work out my signature details to help. Entered on a bit of a whim and look at us now!!
We were lucky enough to have sold our house back in April and settlement was 3 days after we found out about the lottery. Obviously made our choice of where to go next very easy. I think I have most of the documents together baring police checks and medicals. Very exciting and scary times. We had a 2 week holiday to LA booked for November any way so that's now becoming a bit of a fact finding mission. Hopefully our interview doesn't end up being in that timeframe.
We're starting to go through our possessions now and work out what we really need to keep versus random stuff we've just never gotten rid of. Planning on buying a small shipping container to pack and store at my hubby's parents until we are moved and settled.
The hardest part so far has been going to work every day KNOWING that in less than a year I won't be there!!!!!!

How's everyone else finding the journey so far?

We were lucky enough to have sold our house back in April and settlement was 3 days after we found out about the lottery. Obviously made our choice of where to go next very easy.

Great timing. Although too bad the AUD has fallen. You might want to watch that and perhaps convert some to USD. We did that with Citibank while still in Oz, keeping it in an account there, then transferring it to our US Citibank account here (online, no wire fees).

I think I have most of the documents together baring police checks and medicals. Very exciting and scary times. We had a 2 week holiday to LA booked for November any way so that's now becoming a bit of a fact finding mission. Hopefully our interview doesn't end up being in that timeframe.

Yes, good to wait for the police checks and medicals til you get your interview notification. Too early now. And yes, very exciting times!

We're starting to go through our possessions now and work out what we really need to keep versus random stuff we've just never gotten rid of. Planning on buying a small shipping container to pack and store at my hubby's parents until we are moved and settled.

Ah, the Big Purge! We did that too. After 12 years in one house, it's amazing how much we managed to accumulate, and we're fairly minimalist compared to many others I know. Felt great getting rid of it and having spacious cupboards and closets where you can easily see everything.

All the best!

CN linked to the chances of getting an interview

I am new to this forum, but I was wondering: it seem that everyone is linking the CN to the chances of getting an interview. However, I don't necessarily see that link. If, let's say, people with smaller CNs - like 00010xxx, for example, never go through with the process, I don't think the processing center will just wait until the earlier CN's apply or not and thus diminish the chances of those of us with higher CNs. Maybe it is just wishful thinking, but it seems to me that this practice on the behalf of the KCC would be somewhat illogical.

I am new to this forum, but I was wondering: it seem that everyone is linking the CN to the chances of getting an interview. However, I don't necessarily see that link. If, let's say, people with smaller CNs - like 00010xxx, for example, never go through with the process, I don't think the processing center will just wait until the earlier CN's apply or not and thus diminish the chances of those of us with higher CNs. Maybe it is just wishful thinking, but it seems to me that this practice on the behalf of the KCC would be somewhat illogical.

No need to post the same post multiple times Stelunea....

Second NL

Hi all forummates, am new in this forum but i to admit that it is very informative. I just won dv 2014 and my case number is 2014AF00015*** Can some1 please tell me when to expect my second NL and nterview?

Hi all forummates, am new in this forum but i to admit that it is very informative. I just won dv 2014 and my case number is 2014AF00015*** Can some1 please tell me when to expect my second NL and nterview?

Congratulations and welcome!

Predicting your interview month is generally done by looking at last years case number progress from the visa bulletins. The December cutoff last year for AF region was 15500 - so you might have been on December or January. Some here believe this year may go faster (I don't believe that but I will be happy to see that happen). So - you can probably expect your interview around December or October.

Your 2NL is a generic email sent just after the visa bulletin is published - so that gives 4 to 6 weeks notice. The email tells you to check the status check website (where you found you were selected) and the appointment details will be available there.

Hope that helps.

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the great info! I've just noticed today that the September visa bulletin has been released and that I should be having my interview in October!!

I was just wondering if anyone knew how long it usually takes to receive an email outlining the time in which the interview is to occur?

Thanks in advance!!

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the great info! I've just noticed today that the September visa bulletin has been released and that I should be having my interview in October!!

I was just wondering if anyone knew how long it usually takes to receive an email outlining the time in which the interview is to occur?

Thanks in advance!!

Congratulations! Nice and quick.

I got my email about 2 or 3 days later.

Interview Question

Hi, my husband had been lucky enough to win the DV this year (2014) and his number is fairly low, 2014OC000013**
Going by the last few years that should give us an interview date of around June 2014. The problem is we will be in the USA on vacation in June 2014.
Is there any way we could do the interview and medical in the USA, and if so how do we go about change the embassy details.
We live in Australia, but are New Zealanders, and our embassy has been listed as Sydney.
Any advise would be appreciated.
:)

Hi, my husband had been lucky enough to win the DV this year (2014) and his number is fairly low, 2014OC000013**
Going by the last few years that should give us an interview date of around June 2014. The problem is we will be in the USA on vacation in June 2014.
Is there any way we could do the interview and medical in the USA, and if so how do we go about change the embassy details.
We live in Australia, but are New Zealanders, and our embassy has been listed as Sydney.
Any advise would be appreciated.
:)

People in the USA with certain types of temporary visas can apply for adjustment of status. Their DV processing is done via a different process (which generally takes more time). However, it depends on the visa used. Normally, being on vacation there is unlikely to be a status that can be adjusted.

Britsimon, I was trying to send you a private message but it says your quota for private messages have been exceeded so you'll have to make room by deleting some older ones or something. I need to discuss something with you if you don't mind.

Britsimon, I was trying to send you a private message but it says your quota for private messages have been exceeded so you'll have to make room by deleting some older ones or something. I need to discuss something with you if you don't mind.

Cleared some space - try again...

Interview Date

hi , i am gendy from egypt and according to the Sept. Visa bulletin my interview will be in October but till now i did not recieve any mail and there`s no thing in the web changed, nothing refer to the interview date so please tell me when i will recieve my second notification letter , thank you

Hi Gendy,
Same case here !
But I think they will start sending within next weak, they r off today

hi , i am gendy from egypt and according to the Sept. Visa bulletin my interview will be in October but till now i did not recieve any mail and there`s no thing in the web changed, nothing refer to the interview date so please tell me when i will recieve my second notification letter , thank you

same case here Gendy
from egypt and CN below 900 and still waiting for 2NL . hopefully we will get it soon