• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only - New Thread

The important thing is that you have your LPR status. Whatever form of persecution you were running away from is personal to you, seeking asylum here in the US was a choice which you had the right to exercise.

All of that doesn't matter anymore, your situation is better than good now and you can still avail yourself the protection of your home country by using your passport to travel since your LPR status isn't asylum based (using the passport of your home country to travel after being granted an asylum in the US is considered availing yourself the protection of your home country). Keep and use the passport for as long as you want and enjoy your new life in the US!

Ok that is the point I was trying to make in post 1762 but I didn't know the right terminology!!

Ok that is the point I was trying to make in post 1762 but I didn't know the right terminology!!

:)

Yeah the 'assumption' upon being granted asylum is that the asylee wouldn't visit the home country again. But a lot of them still do anyways especially once they become USC.

Last edited:
It's there in the table of content. I also stated where to find it in my previous post. Look at Section III W in the table of content or go to page 55 of the document itself.
Thank You!
Yes, great discussion about the case. I know almost everything about Asylum too but I am happy I founded help about DV Lottery AOS on this forum so we can move forward with our lifes. Thank You again and I will keep checking our how the rest of You. Also I will let You know when we get our cards on mail. It seems so long, I want to touch this piece of plastic :p. I hope they will come by September 30 right. Just for a peace of mind.

@kukilaska , I think you should be aware of this: By using the passport from your home country, you are considered to have placed yourself "under the protection of your home country," which is at odds with the claims you made at the time of filing for asylum.

This would be a really serious issue if you still had an active asylum case. Now that you have your GC through DV, hopefully nobody will care. But in the unlikely case that somebody notices this and raises questions about the validity of the claims you made at the time of asylum seeking, you will be at the risk of misrepresentation allegations.

The risk is little, obviously. However, if you want to be 100% safe, wait until you get your American passport.

Hi, I finally got bio letter, so my lawyer said he got a copy and I also got a copy . I didn't meet the lawyer yet but is bio letter on special paper ? They sent it to me in plain white paper so I'm wondering if what I have is original or not, do you think I can go with that? I'm planning to walk in.Thanks for advice

Hi, I finally got bio letter, so my lawyer said he got a copy and I also got a copy . I didn't meet the lawyer yet but is bio letter on special paper ? They sent it to me in plain white paper so I'm wondering if what I have is original or not, do you think I can go with that? I'm planning to walk in.Thanks for advice
It's nothing special. Your copy is just fine. Go ahead and try walking in ASAP since the background clearance can take some time.

just 15 minutes ago, my sister got her interview appointment letter!!! she was, and still is, excited about it. her intervirew date is on sept 10 at 10:45.

in my sister's case, we believe that the congressman's office had played an important role because the lady my sister had been in contact with was very active. thanks to her, mom, simon and everyone for your thoughts and advice.

my sister will cancel the sept 3 infopass later today.

and good luck to simon for the interview today. i am sure you will be green today!!!!

just 15 minutes ago, my sister got her interview appointment letter!!! she was, and still is, excited about it. her intervirew date is on sept 10 at 10:45.

in my sister's case, we believe that the congressman's office had played an important role because the lady my sister had been in contact with was very active. thanks to her, mom, simon and everyone for your thoughts and advice.

and good luck to simon for the interview today. i am sure you will be green today!!!!
So glad for your sussi man !
I was following your case very closer :)
Just can't wait to her from simon !!!!!!!

Reactions: CWH

That's good. Congratulations to your sister and you, one more step closer.

OK - interview complete. All ok and he said he is pulling the visa today from IVAMSWEB (he was very aware of my letter) - I had STUPIDLY put a document in my aos packet which is aptitude certificate for entry to University. That document is in Spanish and although it wasn't a required document (because she had a US degree and so on) it DOES NEED a translation. I knew that. Stooopid me. Anyway - the IO wants that faxed in today and will then approve/complete the case today.

OK - interview complete. All ok and he said he is pulling the visa today from IVAMSWEB (he was very aware of my letter) - I had STUPIDLY put a document in my aos packet which is aptitude certificate for entry to University. That document is in Spanish and although it wasn't a required document (because she had a US degree and so on) it DOES NEED a translation. I knew that. Stooopid me. Anyway - the IO wants that faxed in today and will then approve/complete the case today.

Glad everything went all right. :)

Man ! :)

The IO was nice enough to allocate your visa without the translation. That's cool!

Oh! Simon!!! :mad::eek::mad:

Slapped-by-Craiglister-YouTube-1.png

Glad it went ok! If you need help with translation let me know (I'm Spanish)