• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 - Africa winners

yeah mate i think i need 2 take a chill pill and watch how it unfolds plannin 2 contact kcc end month .wishin u all the best in your interview and i believe will b havin my interview nxt a tym like this !thanks and God bls u James 1:17

2014AF00073XXX

Why don't you e-mail the forms ?
Include case number, date of birth and name details in the upper right corner of the e-mail and you won't need a chill pill

Dear team,
I have two questions where I request for your help
1. Does the expiry date at the top of the DS forms matter, I realized that by the time I sent my forms, the expiry date was March 2013 but they have now put a form which expires in 2016
2. When I was filling the forms, I used to type the answers and then printed. When it came to signing, one dependent made a mistake when signing form DS 230 part I, we decided fill and print another copy but the printer failed, so what we did, we included that page with an error and also got another blank but same page and filled it in Ink.
summary
1.The forms I used had expired.
2.Form DS 230 for one of my dependents went with two copies of page 2, one copy filled in computer and printed but with an error on the date when form signed and the other copy filled in ink but without any error

Colleagues will this cause me any problem, do I need to send other forms to rectify the above two problems.

Dear team,
I have two questions where I request for your help
1. Does the expiry date at the top of the DS forms matter, I realized that by the time I sent my forms, the expiry date was March 2013 but they have now put a form which expires in 2016
2. When I was filling the forms, I used to type the answers and then printed. When it came to signing, one dependent made a mistake when signing form DS 230 part I, we decided fill and print another copy but the printer failed, so what we did, we included that page with an error and also got another blank but same page and filled it in Ink.
summary
1.The forms I used had expired.
2.Form DS 230 for one of my dependents went with two copies of page 2, one copy filled in computer and printed but with an error on the date when form signed and the other copy filled in ink but without any error

Colleagues will this cause me any problem, do I need to send other forms to rectify the above two problems.

Don't worry about the expiry date. And no problem about sending in forms that are filled in by hand. If they have 2 copies of the same page (which it sounds like what you sent) they will just clarify at interview which is correct.

Don't worry about the expiry date. And no problem about sending in forms that are filled in by hand. If they have 2 copies of the same page (which it sounds like what you sent)Yes I sent two copies of the same page they will just clarify at interview which is correct.
Thank you SusieQQQ, I appreciate your help, you have just saved of the sleepless nights I had about those two problems.

Thank you SusieQQQ, I appreciate your help, you have just saved of the sleepless nights I had about those two problems.

No problem, when I think about all the stress I went through over what turned out to be minor things... Like discovering my father in law's name on my husband's birth certificate wasn't what we had put on the forms, and then when emailing KCC they said they had already passed the file to the consulate, emailed the consulate who said they hadn't received the file yet ... Panic panic panic... And all that happened was that we told the CO during the interview and he corrected the form and that was the extent of the "problem"!!! Similarly lots of panic about not getting our police clearances in time but that didn't matter in the end either (we sent them in when we got them and were issued visas a week later). That said I believe that there are some documents they will not allow you to interview without, but clearly the PCs are not one of them.

Incidentally, I've said this before but also just to help everyone relax here: on 2NL there is a section saying something like "if documents are listed below as incomplete bring them to the interview" - I know people worry "what if", so this should help alleviate. KCC cannot disqualify you, only the CO can (although KCC can and will flag if they think they have found a disqualifying factor).

No problem, when I think about all the stress I went through over what turned out to be minor things... Like discovering my father in law's name on my husband's birth certificate wasn't what we had put on the forms, and then when emailing KCC they said they had already passed the file to the consulate, emailed the consulate who said they hadn't received the file yet ... Panic panic panic... And all that happened was that we told the CO during the interview and he corrected the form and that was the extent of the "problem"!!! Similarly lots of panic about not getting our police clearances in time but that didn't matter in the end either (we sent them in when we got them and were issued visas a week later). That said I believe that there are some documents they will not allow you to interview without, but clearly the PCs are not one of them.

Incidentally, I've said this before but also just to help everyone relax here: on 2NL there is a section saying something like "if documents are listed below as incomplete bring them to the interview" - I know people worry "what if", so this should help alleviate. KCC cannot disqualify you, only the CO can (although KCC can and will flag if they think they have found a disqualifying factor).
This is good you have alot of experience to share and we as 2014 selectees need such information, please visit our East African thread , we shall be glad if you help to answers some of our worries, below is the link
http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?557350-DV-2014-Kenyan-Selectees-Report-here/page14

How was your interview experience

This is good you have a lot of experience to share and we as 2014 selectees need such information, please visit our 2014 East African thread , we shall be glad if you help to answers some of our worries, below is the link
http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?557350-DV-2014-Kenyan-Selectees-Report-here/page14

How was your interview experience

Hi guys, I'm new in this forum and lucky winner of 2014 dv lottery. Wish all of the people who are current good luck for their up coming interviews.

Hi guys, I'm new in this forum and lucky winner of 2014 dv lottery. Wish all of the people who are current good luck for their up coming interviews.

Plz guys can you tell me how can I put my signature like every one!!! I'm new :confused:

Hello... i am really interesting in this thread as i assume i am also concerned with police clearance. I am a lucky winner for dv 2014. I spent 4 years in india for my bachelor and it happens that i left in july. So my concern is that getting a police clearance when you are not there yourself is really a headache. I have asked my friend but he told me that itz quite complicated. My question is to know if the consulate will not issue a visa due to the incomplete documents. Note that police clearance from my home contry are easy to get. Unlikely the indian police clearance.

Hello... i am really interesting in this thread as i assume i am also concerned with police clearance. I am a lucky winner for dv 2014. I spent 4 years in india for my bachelor and it happens that i left in july. So my concern is that getting a police clearance when you are not there yourself is really a headache. I have asked my friend but he told me that itz quite complicated. My question is to know if the consulate will not issue a visa due to the incomplete documents. Note that police clearance from my home contry are easy to get. Unlikely the indian police clearance.

at the interview they will defiantly ask about your police certificate for your four years in India so i think you have to get it by any possible way.. your friend over there should help you.. all i want to say that don't go to the interview before completing all of the required documents so act fast for your own good (this is my personal opinion)

at the interview they will defiantly ask about your police certificate for your four years in India so i think you have to get it by any possible way.. your friend over there should help you.. all i want to say that don't go to the interview before completing all of the required documents so act fast for your own good (this is my personal opinion)

Tnx afro... i guees i will have to figure out how to get that police clearence... i have another question. I have heard some people mentioning about bank statement that they had in their possession before the interview. Does it really necessary, because i am a fresher and i have no incomes so far

Tnx afro... i guees i will have to figure out how to get that police clearence... i have another question. I have heard some people mentioning about bank statement that they had in their possession before the interview. Does it really necessary, because i am a fresher and i have no incomes so far

no bank statement was mentioned in the required documents for the interview as per DV-Lottery website

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4760.html

maybe at the interview they will ask about your financial status just to know that you can take care of your self in the US financially, so i guess if you convinced them that you can fund your self, this will not be a big issue, but among the required documents there is no financial status document required.

Documents are:
1 Required DV Qualifying Education or Work Experience
2 Birth Certificate
3 Court and Prison Records
4 Deportation Documentation
5 Marriage Certificate
6 Marriage Termination Documentation
7 Military Records
8 Police Records
9 Custody Documentation

Where are you all? I feel like I'm the only one on this forum! :p

Please register and post your case number and country of chargeability so we can support each other through this process :)

:D Congratulations to all winners, i'm Youcef from Algeria

CN - DV2014AF00054XXX
Entry Checked - 1st May 2013

no bank statement was mentioned in the required documents for the interview as per DV-Lottery website

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4760.html

maybe at the interview they will ask about your financial status just to know that you can take care of your self in the US financially, so i guess if you convinced them that you can fund your self, this will not be a big issue, but among the required documents there is no financial status document required.

Documents are:
1 Required DV Qualifying Education or Work Experience
2 Birth Certificate
3 Court and Prison Records
4 Deportation Documentation
5 Marriage Certificate
6 Marriage Termination Documentation
7 Military Records
8 Police Records
9 Custody Documentation

Yes, the DV website is silent on financial requirements. However, if the CO is convinced that one does not have the financial capability to sustain himself/herself hence the possibility of becoming a public charge, the CO WILL NOT approve the application, regardless of whether the applicant meets all other requirements and has all the other requested/listed documents. It is in the best interest of all applicants to go the extra step of providing additional documents that sheds light on their financial capabilities. Contact your applicable embassy and find out what they require in terms of financial documents.

Plz guys can you tell me how can I put my signature like every one!!! I'm new :confused:

Click on the drop down arrow beside "Forum Actions" at the top of the page, select "Edit Profile" which should take you to your profile page, and you should see "Edit Signature" to the side of your screen under "My Settings"

Yes, the DV website is silent on financial requirements. However, if the CO is convinced that one does not have the financial capability to sustain himself/herself hence the possibility of becoming a public charge, the CO WILL NOT approve the application, regardless of whether the applicant meets all other requirements and has all the other requested/listed documents. It is in the best interest of all applicants to go the extra step of providing additional documents that sheds light on their financial capabilities. Contact your applicable embassy and find out what they require in terms of financial documents.

Agree with this. The CO asked me "what did you bring as proof of your finances?" even though nothing about it in the required documents. I had a few things which seemed to satisfy him, I know some people say they weren't asked but it's not worth the risk IMO. (And I am well beyond the basic requirements for both education and work experience btw.)