• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 Program-Online Registration October 4 - NOV 2ND, 2011.

Hi ovicity, i'm doing great. What about you? It's 'that time' again. I've decided to avoid the 1st 2 days. I guess the digital signature is our initials maybe?

I can only reply to a thread rather than apply to a post..I wonder why....

I'm doing great bro. I'm on vacation for this month October. I guess u are scared of what happened last time, well, i want to believe its just a blurff.
I hope God help us this time. I pray u succeed again and this time, PERMANENTLY. Amen!

Help

Gurus plz help me out
am trying to post my back ground here through image shake web site but this site dint allow me.
And how do i upload pics using this site?
Thks

Help

CAN SOMEONE CLARIFY THIS FOR ME?

"The entry form is prepared in two parts, one for the primary Entrant and one for derivatives (if any). Each part must be completed correctly and completely before going to the next part. After all parts are completed, the entry will be submitted to the DV-2013 Processing Center. Click the link below to begin the entry process."

I SAW IT ON THEIR WEB SITE AND NEED TO NO IT BETTER BEFORE I BEGIN TO FILL THE FORM.
THKS

Last edited by a moderator:
@Obama i would strongly advise you to use a digital camera for your pic,just to avoid errors,cos using fone might not give you that sharpness required in DV.sony ericsson fone might be good especially K-series,but the truth is use a digital camera my brother cos DOS made so many mistakes last year especially in photos aspect for those that won,so i wouldn't be surprise to see them more strictly in this year program.be wise man.@Mele how far?

Advice me

Pls house which day and time can we enter our entry 4 dv2013 so as to increase our chance of winning?

@Mele and styles when do you guys intend to enter DV?

Kool man…its been a while!!! I just dropped u a msg on ur yahoo messenger yesterday morning…. Here comes Dv 2013. Sti checkin on d day I’ll register but it’ll definitely b towards ending. Man proposes, God disposes.
Welcum bck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAN SOMEONE CLARIFY THIS FOR ME?

"The entry form is prepared in two parts, one for the primary Entrant and one for derivatives (if any). Each part must be completed correctly and completely before going to the next part. After all parts are completed, the entry will be submitted to the DV-2013 Processing Center. Click the link below to begin the entry process."

I SAW IT ON THEIR WEB SITE AND NEED TO NO IT BETTER BEFORE I BEGIN TO FILL THE FORM.
THKS

@newtonn, go ahead and fill the form if u want to, its not difficult at all. U can print the form out and study it. Just ask questions as to how to fill it and i will be so glad to help u. I print it blank and fill it with pen before filling it online. I av submitted mine and my family. Just make sure u dont make any mistake while filling the form. No spelling errors and dont ignore any questions. One Love bro!

Pls house which day and time can we enter our entry 4 dv2013 so as to increase our chance of winning?

@Obama, bro there's no special date to apply for this lottery cos it wasn't specified. Its just a mere speculations from the house which i believe will neva work. The Lottery doesn't work by speculation but by luck. Just submit urs and live the rest to God.

If u culd remember what happened last time concerning the 22,000 winners on May 1st. Speculations had it that the DOS will loose the case to Mr. White, and that the result for July 15th may be voided, but what happened afterwards, The case was struck out and the result was released.
I dont believe in speculations and be warned, the Instruction states that it is ADVISABLE TO SUBMIT UR APPLICATION EARLY TO AVOID RUSH.
Dont joke with AMERICANS

True. If this is meant to be your time then IT WILL BE regardless of which date you enter the lottery. Pray and leave everything in Gods hands and all will be well..

In addition, Just follow ur 'mind' & register d day ur 'mind' choose. Its truly base on PURE luck… lookin for “favoured day” is unforseeable/unrealistic. Its just 4d fun of it while hoping to be productive n leaving d rest 2 God Almighty.

For those asking may b they cud use their mobile fone for taking their passport photos, I got this clue from a website. So its really up 2u to decide 4 ursef……………..but if I may advice, kindly use a standard digital camera to b taken by a photographic expert so as to avoid IRREGULARITIES.

=======================================================
What kind of Digital Camera do I need?
Even 2 mega-pixel does the job when it comes to passport pictures:
Digital cameras are principally characterized by their image resolution or mega-pixel capacities; from low-resolution (less than 1 mega-pixel) to high-resolution (greater than 1 mega-pixel) to advanced high-resolution (4 mega-pixels or more). The camera's resolution is the most critical feature in producing high-quality photographs. For U.S. passport and visa photographs, a digital camera with a resolution of 1 mega-pixel will be more than adequate for capturing the image and producing the final photo that conforms to the dimensions specified on this web site. These cameras generally have automatic features for controlling many of the photographic. Care should be taken not to rely totally on these controls since each subject — facial characteristics, clothing, facial movement, etc. — can vary and may not be accommodated for by the automatic settings.

* you really don’t need a very high resolution photos. 2x2 inch photos are tiny and printing them on paper needs only 240k pixel image! u really do not need more than 4 MPixles photos!* Find a place that has a white wall to use as background or use white bed sheet as a background. Stand about 3 feet away from the background.
* Try taking the photos at a time when there is good indirect natural light.
* Keep camera around 6 feet away from the subject (person whose photo is being taken) and at subject's eye-level.
* Leave plenty of space about the head and try to include half of the body (from head up to waist)
* Keep around 2 to 3 feet distance between subject and the background wall to avoid shadows.
* Keep your mouth closed and eyes open (Good tip for a successful marriage too LOL)
* Take photo in at least 2 MP mode (4 MP recommended).
===============================================================

@newton the background in these pics look too dark, its specifically asks for white or cream or light coloured background

@Obama and Mele,sometimes submitting at the middle of the program or the last two days of closing date might be prefferable for submission although there s no specific and garantee date of submission to win,but if you take a look at the last two to three DV programs,you would see that about 15 to 20% winners were selected from the last two days of submission and from the middle submmission.Guys dont get me wrong on this issues cos am not saying that it is adviseable to apply at the middle or towards the ending of the program but you can as well follow your heart on when to apply.@Mele whats the meaning of all these OPTIONAL in the DV form?is it a criteral to diqualify applicant or what?

@Mele whats the meaning of all these OPTIONAL in the DV form?is it a criteral to diqualify applicant or what?

Optional means that field is possible 4u 2fill but not necessary; left to personal choice.............either u fill 'optional field' or not, all is well....e.g ur mobile no is optional.........even if u fill in ur mobile no, DOS wont call or text u on it.........so u can leave dat blank....................but u cud fill it just 4 its sake bcos u never can tell. for instance, in DV 2012 reg, email address field is optional n it la8r turn out to b d sole means DOS used in communicating us our confirmation nos due 2d computer glitch...........just fill 'em up