• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 Program-Online Registration October 4 - NOV 2ND, 2011.

@Mele and styles have you guys being seeing agents everywhere talking about DV 2013 which is not out,they claim to be collecting money from people by filling some local forms with their photos that would they help them to enter the program.
Yes you are right. There are some private organization helps people in filing the dv lottery application. But because of few scam organization, all the organizations are getting bad name.

People has to be aware of scam email which they are getting that too from UK. Do not involve in scams. If you are winner of dv lottery, you can check your winning status in dv lottery websites using your confirmation number. Winners will not be notified by emails so be careful.

Just notice these little changes on DV 2013 time frame. State Department has changed the ending date to Sat, Nov 5th unlike Tuesay Nov 2nd that was previously posted on their page earlier on earlier on......i.e a 3 day extension......

=================================================================================

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1318.html

DV 2013 Program-Online Registration
The online registration period for the 2013 Diversity Visa Program (DV-2013) will begin on Tuesday, October 4, 2011, at noon, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (GMT-4), and conclude on Saturday, November 5, 2011, at noon, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (GMT-4). Check back later for the DV-2013 instructions, which are not yet available.

why the noice on bangladash

Nobody is making any noise obama, just sharing information to one another. u think they are happy about it? Just imagine the dissapointment that will be on everybody's face if Nigeria was not allowed to participate. I really felt bad for them.

not sure

Just an FYI, i applied on October 5th, was not selected in May results but was selected in July. So, in my opinion when you have applied does not really matter.

A quick question,

i just checked my dv-2012 result and i was not selected. is it possible that i was already selected this May ? i didn't check the result this May so i don't know for sure. can i still check the May result NOW ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just because you did not have a perfect picture doesn't mean you were denied, you just weren't selected. My photo was not perfect, it had slight shadows and it was a few cm off but still I got selected for further processing. Masking IP or not, they can track you easily if they felt like it, anybody in the world. Why would they waste time and spend money to track you? Good question... They won't. They have better things to do then care about one individual from a country that does not involve the USA.

I hope to ask you a question. I've done DV many times but never got selected. I've used the same picture(passed their system check every year) over these years and I wonder if this is the reason why I never got selected !? I know that it is basically by luck but after many years it's hard for someone who never got selected not to suspect this type of detail. Thanks.

Agree with you there. When I look at the pictures of my friends who won (I entered them), I sometimes wonder why I spend so much time trying to fine-tune the available pictures to be perfect. These were picures that I least expected to be acceptable. One had a shadow at the back, the other had a patterned whte wall at the back, but they were selected. Sadly, there are a lot of "unknowns that we don't know" when we don't get selected, and all we can do is speculate :(

Hi Samusoni

I hope to consult you about DV. I've tried DV many years but never got selected. Based on your experience so far, is there anything I can do to increase my chance of winning DV ? Thanks.