• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Sm1smom, thank you for the reply. Could you please tell me how to add my signature?

Sure. Click on 'Private Messages' link - this is on the bar at the top of your screen. Scroll down and select 'Edit Signature' under 'My Settings' - this will be on your left hand-side (or right side of your screen). The rest is easy. Hope the info helps.:)

Required Documents

Hi all,

I have a question about the AOS required documents.

I am a PhD student here in the US right now. I have also finished my masters degree here.

Now, I have my BS and MS degrees with me that I can use for AOS process (DV lottery based).

Do I need to have my Highschool diploma for my application and interview. Or the latest diploma (my masters) is enough?

Thank you,

I read the interview experiences from previous years and they asked for high school diploma to people that have a masters degree. I would include it or at least take it to the interview just in case they ask to see it.

Do the best you can to have your original high school diploma with you along with your advanced degrees.

Hi all,

I have a question about the AOS required documents.

I am a PhD student here in the US right now. I have also finished my masters degree here.

Now, I have my BS and MS degrees with me that I can use for AOS process (DV lottery based).

Do I need to have my Highschool diploma for my application and interview. Or the latest diploma (my masters) is enough?

Thank you,

Absolutely include your HS diploma in your I-485 package even if you have a Masters or even PhD.. it's a legality USCIS has to follow

Hello everyone,

As I mentioned before I have sent the DV fees using the exact instructions posted here:

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4763.html

This was done about two weeks ago. Today I received a letter containing the Form PC-160. This letter was placed in the self-addressed envelope that I provided in the DV fee package. And there is a "Received" stamp at the bottom of the form.

The strange thing is that the form says to exactly do what I have already done! here is a picture.

http://s18.postimage.org/t0yvmuokp/Screen_Shot_2012_06_11_at_5_28_10_PM.png

Is this the receipt that I was supposed to receive? or something is wrong?
Hi,
How long did it take from the time you sent the DV fee and receiving the stamped receipt? I suggest that everybody add their signatures so that we can see how long each step takes. Thank you for the help.

It took 3 weeks for mine to arrive.

Hi,
How long did it take from the time you sent the DV fee and receiving the stamped receipt? I suggest that everybody add their signatures so that we can see how long each step takes. Thank you for the help.

DV-2013: A particular case

Hi,

I found this forums and I see it's a great source of information so I decided to tell my story... I am an international doctoral student (Ph.D.) in the USA with F1 status. My wife is European and has a degree in Economy. She is also in the USA currently with J1 status. She applied and was accepted for a master’s program so last May she started with USCIS a change os status to F1 status (student). This process is still in initial review (she should start classes at the end of August 2012). Now, last year she applied to the DV2013 lottery (fiscal year 2013) and we just found out last week that she was selected for further processing with a relatively low case number: 2013EU00003XXX. We would like to go through the AOS process.

1. Do you know what she should do taking into account her case (a pending change of status from J1 to F1)? Is there a away to stop this? Maybe we don't need to do anything and start with AOS? Please help us we don't know with this issue.
2. Is it OK if she sends form DSP-122 and pictures of her and me to KCC? Do we have to send a payment to KCC? Do we need to include a self-addressed envelope with these documents for KCC to return anything?
3. When should the payment to the Department of State be done?

I will be very grateful for any opinion or information you can give me.

Pryanik

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Pryanik777,

The good news is that your wife does not have to abort her change of status into F1; let things take their course. However, one thing I would advise you and your wife is to WAIT 60 TO 90 DAYS (preferably 90 days) AFTER YOUR WIFE'S F1 STATUS HAS BEEN APPROVED before you send your AOS package even if you have a low case number. The USCIS is very adament about people's intentions to come to the US. If you are genuine about changing your status into F1 because you want to study in the US (in the mind of the USCIS), then you should prove it by waiting 60 to 90 days after you have been granted F1 status before you can apply for change of status again.

Having a current DV number does not mean you have to send your I-485 right away; some people did not find out they were selected until April or May and still managed to submit their application.

I also suggest you wait about 60 days before you guys send your DV fee.

Patience is the answer.

Hi,

I found this forums and I see it's a great source of information so I decided to tell my story... I am an international doctoral student (Ph.D.) in the USA with F1 status. My wife is European and has a degree in Economy. She is also in the USA currently with J1 status. She applied and was accepted for a master’s program so last May she started with USCIS a change os status to F1 status (student). This process is still in initial review (she should start classes at the end of August 2012). Now, last year she applied to the DV2013 lottery (fiscal year 2013) and we just found out last week that she was selected for further processing with a relatively low case number: 2013EU00003XXX. We would like to go through the AOS process.

1. Do you know what she should do taking into account her case (a pending change of status from J1 to F1)? Is there a away to stop this? Maybe we don't need to do anything and start with AOS? Please help us we don't know with this issue.
2. Is it OK if she sends form DSP-122 and pictures of her and me to KCC? Do we have to send a payment to KCC? Do we need to include a self-addressed envelope with these documents for KCC to return anything?
3. When should the payment to the Department of State be done?

I will be very grateful for any opinion or information you can give me.

Pryanik

Thank you very much Amine!

So she doesn't need to withdraw her F1 application. Just as curiosity, what happens if we do it? I know patience is the key but if we do it, would she be seen as a person with migratory intentions?

On the otther hand, do we really need to send DSP-122, pictures, and the bar code letter with case number to KCC, I read on the official website that it is not necessary... I see most people has done it but do you know of anybody who was affected by not sending this form to KCC?

Thanks a lot one more!

Pryanik777

Dear Pryanik777,

The good news is that your wife does not have to abort her change of status into F1; let things take their course. However, one thing I would advise you and your wife is to WAIT 60 TO 90 DAYS (preferably 90 days) AFTER YOUR WIFE'S F1 STATUS HAS BEEN APPROVED before you send your AOS package even if you have a low case number. The USCIS is very adament about people's intentions to come to the US. If you are genuine about changing your status into F1 because you want to study in the US (in the mind of the USCIS), then you should prove it by waiting 60 to 90 days after you have been granted F1 status before you can apply for change of status again.

Having a current DV number does not mean you have to send your I-485 right away; some people did not find out they were selected until April or May and still managed to submit their application.

I also suggest you wait about 60 days before you guys send your DV fee.

Patience is the answer.

So she doesn't need to withdraw her F1 application. Just as curiosity, what happens if we do it? I know patience is the key but if we do it, would she be seen as a person with migratory intentions?

On the otther hand, do we really need to send DSP-122, pictures, and the bar code letter with case number to KCC, I read on the official website that it is not necessary... I see most people has done it but do you know of anybody who was affected by not sending this form to KCC?

Thanks a lot one more!

Pryanik777

Regarding DSP-122, Yes your wife needs to send that in with 2 passport photos and the bar code letter. This is the only way KCC gets a confirmation of your intention to process the DV. KCC updates your file with this information, and you can proceed with the AOS processing after your wife's F1 visa status update as suggested by Amine earlier on.

Sm1smom is right.

I suggest you go ahead with your application for F1 and not cancel it. Again, I am no expert lawyer, but that's what I would personally do.

Thanks a lot one more!

Pryanik777

Thanks Amine and Sm1smom for your suggestions!!!

We're are going to do as you both suggest, this way she won't delay her master's degree and after 90 days we will apply for AOS. We will send the package to KCC next week too, do we need to include pictures of myself too? I hope everything will be fine.

Pryanik :)

Hi every one I really need urgent help from every one of you friends

My application been rejected for the third time for the same reason which is " You have submitted a notice not authorized from DOS please check the www.dvlottery.state.gov "

I print the winning letter from the website with the date of 7/15/2011
I include also the letter from KCC when I ask them to do AOS they send me letter but without the logo only my info and the barcode so I think this letter the problem any one has any idea please

Thanks Amine and Sm1smom for your suggestions!!!

We're are going to do as you both suggest, this way she won't delay her master's degree and after 90 days we will apply for AOS. We will send the package to KCC next week too, do we need to include pictures of myself too? I hope everything will be fine.

I do NOT suggest that you send anything to KCC next week. Wait until after 60/90 days from when your wife's F-1 status has been approved, and then start sending documents and fees to KCC/DOS. If you send your documents to KCC now, USCIS will notice later on that you guys started the process while your wife's F-1 status was still pending which will not be in your favor. Sending your documents to KCC now will not, in any way, speed up the process. Likewise, sending your documents after 60/90 days from when your wife's F-1 status was approved will not, in ANY WAY, slow or delay the DV process. As mentioned previously, be very very patient! You are not going to lose ANYTHING if you just completely forget about the DV right now and start the whole process in October/November. Believe me, you will get your green cards in no time after that! Starting the process (including sending documents to KCC) in November will not delay your DV process by any means! So please be patient and do not send anything to KCC right now. As a matter of fact, as you read on the website, when you do AOS, you are not even required to send anything to KCC, other than the AOS fee that should be sent to DOS. Sending DSP-122 is optional for those who choose the AOS route, but most people do it anyways. If you want to do it just to let KCC know that you're doing AOS, you can do that in October/November. Doing it now will not speed up the process, and doing it in October/November will not slow or delay the process either, so you will not lose anything.

Again... my advice for you is to forget that your wife even won the DV for now, and remember it in October/November and only start the process then. Good luck!

Thank you very much Wildcatter! We are going to follow your advice and also Amine and Sm1smom's advices and wait until October/November to start the process. I just thought we had to send documents to KCC before October otherwise we would lose our opportunity but now this is clear. Thanks for the clarifications and advices again!

Ditto!

I do NOT suggest that you send anything to KCC next week. Wait until after 60/90 days from when your wife's F-1 status has been approved, and then start sending documents and fees to KCC/DOS. If you send your documents to KCC now, USCIS will notice later on that you guys started the process while your wife's F-1 status was still pending which will not be in your favor. Sending your documents to KCC now will not, in any way, speed up the process. Likewise, sending your documents after 60/90 days from when your wife's F-1 status was approved will not, in ANY WAY, slow or delay the DV process. As mentioned previously, be very very patient! You are not going to lose ANYTHING if you just completely forget about the DV right now and start the whole process in October/November. Believe me, you will get your green cards in no time after that! Starting the process (including sending documents to KCC) in November will not delay your DV process by any means! So please be patient and do not send anything to KCC right now. As a matter of fact, as you read on the website, when you do AOS, you are not even required to send anything to KCC, other than the AOS fee that should be sent to DOS. Sending DSP-122 is optional for those who choose the AOS route, but most people do it anyways. If you want to do it just to let KCC know that you're doing AOS, you can do that in October/November. Doing it now will not speed up the process, and doing it in October/November will not slow or delay the process either, so you will not lose anything.

Again... my advice for you is to forget that your wife even won the DV for now, and remember it in October/November and only start the process then. Good luck!

Hi again guys!

We want to take advantage of the time we have until we file our documents. For I-485: I would like to know if we need police clearance, court records and penal records from our home countries (we have never had any of those issues). Also, for married couples, we have two legalized and translated copies of our marriage certificate, do we need to include these copies in our personal I-485 files or we just send simple copies and we take the legalized and translated copies to the interview?

What about vaccination? What vaccines are required? I know some of them need more than one shot done during some weeks.

Thanks again!

Hi again guys!

We want to take advantage of the time we have until we file our documents. For I-485: I would like to know if we need police clearance, court records and penal records from our home countries (we have never had any of those issues). Also, for married couples, we have two legalized and translated copies of our marriage certificate, do we need to include these copies in our personal I-485 files or we just send simple copies and we take the legalized and translated copies to the interview?

What about vaccination? What vaccines are required? I know some of them need more than one shot done during some weeks.

Thanks again!

This is my question too. I had MMR, Td, and Hepatitis B when I was coming to US for education four years ago. I would like to know what are the immunization requirements for AOSers already in the US. We appreciate if someone who has done the medicals recently can comment on that.

Thank you very much,

Vaccinations

This is my question too. I had MMR, Td, and Hepatitis B when I was coming to US for education four years ago. I would like to know what are the immunization requirements for AOSers already in the US. We appreciate if someone who has done the medicals recently can comment on that.

Thank you very much,

It all depends on your age first Here is a link, by the end of the page there is a table with all the vaccinations required for each age group.

http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugee...vaccination-civil-technical-instructions.html

Then if you had proof for immunization taken before it is OK but if you don't have proof, like an official document, then you have to make blood test to prove you have immunity. For example, if you had suffered Varicella (chicken pox) when u were a child, then when u make a blood test it will show that u are immune, so u don't have to take the vaccine. Read the whole link, it has all the information. All vaccines and TB could be done in your local regional clinic, this way it will be cheaper, just make sure to take copy of every blood test with the results, or vaccine you do. I hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator: