• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Which one is correct department of state or U.S. Department of state?

Well, I had "Department of State" on mine. But I think "U.S. Department of State" is more accurate.

I am not sure though if it makes any difference. I think both should be fine.

You will need to include a copy of the receipt with your I-485 package.

Thanks, I wish we were already at that time.
I usually like the summer and I think it's the first time I want the summer to be over when it hasn't even started yet:p

AOS or Consulate processing

Hey guys,

I am currently in the US under an F1 visa. I got selected for DV 2013 lottery but my case number is a little high 2013AF52XXX. Should I do AOS or consulate processing back home. I talked to an immigration attorney and she said that i would rather do consulate processing not to risk missing the fiscal year deadline.
How long does AOS processing take usually? will I be missing the deadline if my number become available in June?

I wanted to get a second opinion and see what you guys think I should do.
Another thing, should I hire an attorney to take care of this or is it simple enough for me to do myself?

Thank you very much for your help and the courtesy to review my case.

If you have always been in status and never violated the terms of your visa, you are fine to do either AOS or CP (as you like, but CP is a lot faster). If you do AOS, the processing time is normally less than 4 months. So, for instance, if you send your AOS package to the USCIS on June 1, 2013, you can expect to receive your Green Card prior to September 30.

You do not need a lawyer to do AOS if you are clean.

Hey guys,

I am currently in the US under an F1 visa. I got selected for DV 2013 lottery but my case number is a little high 2013AF52XXX. Should I do AOS or consulate processing back home. I talked to an immigration attorney and she said that i would rather do consulate processing not to risk missing the fiscal year deadline.
How long does AOS processing take usually? will I be missing the deadline if my number become available in June?

I wanted to get a second opinion and see what you guys think I should do.
Another thing, should I hire an attorney to take care of this or is it simple enough for me to do myself?

Thank you very much for your help and the courtesy to review my case.

If you have always been in status and never violated the terms of your visa, you are fine to do either AOS or CP (as you like, but CP is a lot faster). If you do AOS, the processing time is normally less than 4 months. So, for instance, if you send your AOS package to the USCIS on June 1, 2013, you can expect to receive your Green Card prior to September 30.

You do not need a lawyer to do AOS if you are clean.

Hey Amine,

Thanks for the reply, it is very helpful
I have another question if you do not mind. I am a student in the US with an expired F1 visa but I valid I-20. If I do consulate processing and, for any unfortunate reason, I do not pass my interview for the Green Card, can I apply for an F1 Visa without any problems? (giving the fact that they usually reject F1 visas on the basis that I would like to stay in the US since I am applying for the Diversity visa program)

To avoid this problem, can apply for an F1 visa before going to the green card interview, or both processes can conflict and I might have a problem coming back to the US to finish up my studies.

Thank you very much for your help. it has been really helpful!!!

Dv lottery 2013 AOS- Ahmed

Hi,

I am new to this forum. I have been selected for dv lottery 2013. I am in USA on H1b visa, my wife is on H4 dependant and my daughter is born citizen. My case number is low 2013AS0000xxxx. I need to know what else I have to submit. I have contacted KCC and they told me to submit.

1. DSP-122 and 2 photograph (selectee that's me)
2. DSP-230 for and 2 photograph (wife).

Also they told me to call back on august 15th so that they can share information about the case numbers for october.

Please explain me how this process will work once I submit these forms.

From what I understand, once you submit the forms to KCC you have to wait their reply that they acknowledge your request to change your status. As they say it should be around august 15th. Then you'll have to pay the DV fee for you and your wife. You can pay it now too.
Then you'll have to fill out a bunch of forms (I-485...) that you'll have to send when your number becomes current in the visa bulletin. Based on previous years your number should be current en october or november. Then USCIS will call you for an interview. If everything's ok you should get the green card shortly after the interview.

It's all up to you, help+. If I were you, because my F1 visa is expired, I woud stay in the US and do AOS. Because you have a valid I-20, it means you are in status and have an excellent chance of being granted a Green Card.

In the event you are denied your AOS (which I do not think will happen if you have been clean along the road), you will NOT lose your F1 status. You can stay in the US and finish your degree with no problems.

Again, this is me, but you are an adult and can make your own decisions. I am just sharing my suggestion.

Hey Amine,

Thanks for the reply, it is very helpful
I have another question if you do not mind. I am a student in the US with an expired F1 visa but I valid I-20. If I do consulate processing and, for any unfortunate reason, I do not pass my interview for the Green Card, can I apply for an F1 Visa without any problems? (giving the fact that they usually reject F1 visas on the basis that I would like to stay in the US since I am applying for the Diversity visa program)

To avoid this problem, can apply for an F1 visa before going to the green card interview, or both processes can conflict and I might have a problem coming back to the US to finish up my studies.

Thank you very much for your help. it has been really helpful!!!

KCC AOS Letter

Hi,

I was just wondering to know if anyone has gotten email confirmation from KCC after submitting initial forms/documents for AOS.

I have submitted my documents in the second week of may and yet to get any cofirmation back from KCC. I emailed them and they just replied with "document received by KCC".

So In this scenario, how long should I wait for email confirmation ? When are we supposed to pay DV (AOS) fee ?

Share your experiences folks.

Peace

I have recieved a letter (email attachment) from KCC aknowledging my intention to do AOS. Also they sent me another attachment with the address of US Department of Sate and the form the should be filled when paying the DV Lottery fee and the instructions for paying the fee.

I have sent only form DS-122, 2 photos, and the bar code. Yet my spouse and four kids are doing AOS with me (we are all present in USA, I am on F-1 (principal selectee) doing PhD, spouse and kids on F-2, always been in status). I was wondering, is form DS-230 necesssary for my spouse and kids?

I have sent only form DS-122, 2 photos, and the bar code. Yet my spouse and four kids are doing AOS with me (we are all present in USA, I am on F-1 (principal selectee) doing PhD, spouse and kids on F-2, always been in status). I was wondering, is form DS-230 necesssary for my spouse and kids?

I contacted KCC with a similar question and was told all that was needed at the moment was the DS122 form. Not really necessary to submit DS230 forms for my dependents, but that I could submit them if I wanted. They told me not submitting the DS230 forms will not negate my application in any way, so I opted to not submit.

I contacted KCC with a similar question and was told all that was needed at the moment was the DS122 form. Not really necessary to submit DS230 forms for my dependents, but that I could submit them if I wanted. They told me not submitting the DS230 forms will not negate my application in any way, so I opted to not submit.

Thank you for the reply. I was concerned because the email attachment that I received from KCC aknowledging my intention to do AOS had nothing regarding my dependents. Actually, it was mentioned "If your spouse and/or children currently live outside the United States......." continueing with the procedure that has to be followed from overseas. My best suggestion is that they have to explain what the procedure is in case they are overseas, that is way it had the word "IF". Any other sugestions will be appreciate it. Thank you.

I have recieved a letter (email attachment) from KCC aknowledging my intention to do AOS. Also they sent me another attachment with the address of US Department of Sate and the form the should be filled when paying the DV Lottery fee and the instructions for paying the fee.

Hi Toto68,

When did you send your DS-122+photos to KCC. I have sent mine on 8th May and they received that on 10th, but I have not received any emails yet. So, just curious!!

Hi Toto68,

When did you send your DS-122+photos to KCC. I have sent mine on 8th May and they received that on 10th, but I have not received any emails yet. So, just curious!!

Just like u I sent mine on 8th May and it was arrived on 10th. I received this confirmation email yesterday.

For sure you gonna get it in this week o so.

Hi Toto68,

I don't remember exactly when i sent the form but it was around 10th May. I am sure you will get yours soon.

Thank you for the reply. I was concerned because the email attachment that I received from KCC aknowledging my intention to do AOS had nothing regarding my dependents. Actually, it was mentioned "If your spouse and/or children currently live outside the United States......." continueing with the procedure that has to be followed from overseas. My best suggestion is that they have to explain what the procedure is in case they are overseas, that is way it had the word "IF". Any other sugestions will be appreciate it. Thank you.

I guess what that 'IF' means is those with dependents outside of the US should do proceed with CP and not AOS